Finally Happened, I Got the 'Rona

You can fight it Fish!  

It ran through my home last December and kicked me in the teeth.  It started with flu-like symptoms for a few days and transitioned into an agonizing migraine and fever that lasted 8 days.  It was nonstop and brutal.  I couldn't think, look at a screen, or even sleep since laying down was painful.  I basically stood with my head against the window for as long as I could.  

After I couldn't take it anymore I went to the urgent care where, after waiting three hours to get in, they informed me I had Covid Pneumonia.  Then they said there's nothing they can do for me and sent me home.  No meds, iv,  nothing!

lol 

I was off work for 4 weeks total. 

But don't worry!  You're going to be just fine!  

• Sympathy 3

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Thank you all for the kind thoughts.  (munch, watch those hands) It can be very minor.  I have had friends and family that basically had no symptoms.  Still, my Dad was a pretty vibrant dude.  The day he probably got it we were in the park playing with my son.  I guess it is kind of a sore spot for me when people act like it is a joke or some kind of hoax.  Hopefully @Warfish skates through it easily.

Know what you mean and this post hit home.  Sorry for your loss.  I lost my dad to it a little over a year ago.  Still scarred and feel the same way you do about the sore spot.  He was vibrant, no comorbitities, and I had to watch him go through the whole ordeal through an iPhone while hospitalized.   Very devastating.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Get well Fish and please, as urged by others above. quickly get to Paxlovid and/or alternative medicine therapies (your choice) as soon as humanly possible. I got it in January  at the age of 72 and was worried for its duration because I had missed the short window in which any therapies are effective.

Fish -if you are not doing well  high fevers SOB -go to urgent care or hospital  for the pfizer pill rx available  everywhere in tristate area med ctrs

If youve been previously fully vaccinated , then you will in all likelihood have omicron and will merely have a  bad cold - cough ,headache, body aches ,low grade temps fatigue 

but then ........u can look frwrd to Hybrid immunity  ie superimmunity to Covid strains

no mask x 4-6 months - freedom from pandemic so to speak

unless of course .....some totally new varient hits our shores 

keep us posted buddy

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

fixed. I'm not sure what Ivermectin is, so I'll let that pass. 

Main stream media usually calls it horse dewormer.

Good Luck Fish!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

They've had it before and caught it again?

I’ve had it three times. Wife’s had it twice. Baby’s first time. LA has been an insane epicenter of this since Summer 2020. Lot of lower income communities got hit really hard by it. 

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I’ve had it three times. Wife’s had it twice. Baby’s first time. LA has been an insane epicenter of this since Summer 2020. Lot of lower income communities got hit really hard by it. 

The Rona discriminates against the poor? 

26 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So sorry to hear that.  Hope everyone is okay. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So sorry to hear that.  Hope everyone is okay. 

Thank you. We’re fine now. Wife was floored by it for a few days and the baby had a few fever bouts which was not fun at night but relatively speaking compared to some of the other horror stories we’ve seen and heard about from other parents we’re very lucky. 

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

You can fight it Fish!  

It ran through my home last December and kicked me in the teeth.  It started with flu-like symptoms for a few days and transitioned into an agonizing migraine and fever that lasted 8 days.  It was nonstop and brutal.  I couldn't think, look at a screen, or even sleep since laying down was painful.  I basically stood with my head against the window for as long as I could.  

After I couldn't take it anymore I went to the urgent care where, after waiting three hours to get in, they informed me I had Covid Pneumonia.  Then they said there's nothing they can do for me and sent me home.  No meds, iv,  nothing!

lol 

I was off work for 4 weeks total. 

But don't worry!  You're going to be just fine!  

that's a bad case!  i thought the stuff in December was generally mild.  We all had it but not too bad.  my wife and dad got the IV treatment which helped my dad, not sure it did much for my wife.  we were all vaccinated and boosted at the time as well.

1 minute ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I was noting that the poster couldn't spell the name correctly, even as he was recommending it. Usually a warning sign.

Ivermectin has its uses, but COVID isn't one of them, at least based on the research I've seen. But then who cares about double-blind studies when some plumber on the internet assures you that science is a conspiracy and only his buddies on 4Chan know the truth. 

Large, randomized study published by the New England Journal of Medicine showed Ivermectin was not an effective treatment.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2115869

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I was noting that the poster couldn't spell the name correctly, even as he was recommending it. Usually a warning sign.

Ivermectin has its uses, but COVID isn't one of them, at least based on the research I've seen. But then who cares about double-blind studies when some plumber on the internet assures you that science is a conspiracy and only his buddies on 4Chan know the truth. 

Ivermectin is a anti parasitic that's been prescribed billions of times that's safer than Asprin who cares if it works or not......the only conspiracy is people pretending it's rat poison and that there's no other treatment's besides an experimental leaky vax..... cha ching.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2