Jets had more Rushing yards, Passing yards, 1st downs, Time of Possession

jetstream23

Guys, Baltimore is not that good of a team.  Probably the worst team in that division, especially when Watson returns. Defensively, the next 3 teams from that division are more stout. We are a terribly coached team with no QB, and an o line that is below average. We aren’t beating anyone basically.  This is a 3-4 win team at best again. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Guys, Baltimore is not that good of a team.  Probably the worst team in that division, especially when Watson returns. Defensively, the next 3 teams from that division are more stout. We are a terribly coached team with no QB, and an o line that is below average. We aren’t beating anyone basically.  This is a 3-4 win team at best again. 

Agreed top 5 pick incoming.

I expect Woody to go hard after Payton in the off season. Although he isn’t coming here, no matter what Woody offers him.

4 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I expect Woody to go hard after Payton in the off season. Although he isn’t coming here, no matter what Woody offers him.

He’s a lock to be a Cowboy. Needed Dallas to have a monster year for us to have a shot at Payton. But now Prescott is out 6-8 weeks. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, LockeJET said:

I agree with this, Balt is going to be a non layoff team, they are not impressive at all.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

The Jets were ahead statistically even at the end of the first half - it wasn't just garbage time.

Yeah, the game was reasonably close in those categories. I posted in another thread. Two fumbles - one by each team - both recovered by Baltimore. Ravens clearly won special teams - missed XP and FG by Zuerlein, poor punting by Mann. Jets couldn't convert on third down. And that horrible busted coverage by a new secondary.

This team isn't good, but there's a ton more talent than they've had in recent years. Two things that could bring it together - to the point of not being a top five type team - are quarterback play and coaching. Probably time to hit 2-3 reset buttons (with the three being GM, HC, QB) after this season if they're still a bottom of the league team.

Also (tongue in cheek) - bottom teams in the league of point differential from worst to...less bad: Cardinals, Rams, Cowboys, Packers, Jets, Patriots. Five 2021 playoff teams and the Jets. Good company!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, AFJF said:

What was it, two punts returned for TDs in the rain under Groh? Vinny was on fire.

Vinny was awful. He had 4 turnovers - 3 picks and a fumble.  One was a pick 6 and I think another was in the end zone. The Jets were up 14-0 and driving and Testaverde fumbled. Baltimore scored and that turned the game around.  

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What this tells me is that the Ravens didn’t take the Jets seriously until they had to, and for only as long as they needed to get up by three TDs. If they wanted to, the Ravens could have won that game by 40.

Ravens were running into 7-8 man fronts. They knew what they were doing. I initially thought they were afraid to let Jackson throw it, but watching it again it definitely seems like they had a plan. Keep running and wear down the defense then take their shots. They likely expected the Jets offense was not going to do much so they could afford to risk punting it back to them.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What this tells me is that the Ravens didn’t take the Jets seriously until they had to, and for only as long as they needed to get up by three TDs. If they wanted to, the Ravens could have won that game by 40.

We were The better team IMHO just lacking a QB was the difference and the idiot kicker we decided to keep didn't help matters

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Vinny was awful. He had 4 turnovers - 3 picks and a fumble.  One was a pick 6 and I think another was in the end zone. The Jets were up 14-0 and driving and Testaverde fumbled. Baltimore scored and that turned the game around.  

But this was against what was possibly a top 3 defense of all time and I thought he threw for over 420 yards in the rain and slop, no?  Most QB's were throwing for what seemed like 150 yards per week against that team.  Either way...miserable loss.

20 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm surprised to read this. Game felt totally one-sided for the Ravens in the second half and the score indicates it. I did turn it off w/5 minutes left though.

You missed all the good offense that we played! ?