Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

16 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

Well I’ve been saying since the beginning of the season that the motion sweeps , motion plays that berrios is running should be Elijah Moore’s role ….. same build but Elijah is better why is he not doing that stuff ? Like Deebo role on 49ers??

Because Berrios is an all pro returner and better than Moore at it 

• Upvote 1

next will be GW if we dont pass more. yeah i know , were wining. but thats how these guys get paid, by catching the ball. WRs dont want to be on a run first team. 

like i said above, Moore talked to Saleh and then asked for a trade. must have told him we dont plan to throw it unless we have to.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets1958 said:

Without question. That’s not the way to have a positive conversation with the coaches and win over your team. It cancerous. 100% cancerous.

Don't think he is going to have many on his side which he would need to be a cancer... Mims will be happy to be activated and he is really the only one on his side... 

I think the team will be sad to not have him but move on.... This is moore then just him

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

next will be GW if we dont pass more. yeah i know , were wining. but thats how these guys get paid, by catching the ball. WRs dont want to be on a run first team. 

like i said above, Moore talked to Saleh and then asked for a trade. must have told him we dont plan to throw it unless we have to.

GW has 5 years to have a big year and get paid 

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This kid is too talented to be buried on our depth chart. Flagrant miss by coaches to under utilize talent… winning streak or not.

Hope they fix the situation.

Meh. He’s not buried. He was on the field for more plays than any other Jets receivers so far this year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

sucks for us, not for Moore. what does he care what the team who trades him gets. in fact you would hope the team that you go to gave up as little as it could so they can be better. you dont want to see then give up #1 picks that can hurt your new team

34 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If you’re Saleh you gotta at least bench this guy (or even deactivate or suspend him) for acting like a turd.

If you want the respect of the locker room, you can’t just sweep this under the rug.

Send some kind of message.

I don’t care how much of a player’s coach you are.

I was literally just thinking if they would be allowed to suspend him for requesting a trade.  

I'm sure they could pigeon hole it to some form of team conduct, but the players union would have a feast.

This is shocking only because of how stupid it is. How did his agent not stop this? Moore comes off like a diva/bitch here. All he’s done is hurt his own brand. Jets won’t trade him without getting blown away with an offer, and I can’t imagine anyone blowing them away for for a whiny second year player who’s accomplishments are still a good distance from his potential. Just dumb. 

It’s a distraction. Luckily it’s probably not as big a distraction as Russ Wilson’s new Subway commercial. 

• Upvote 3

Elijah likely also calculating in his head that Zach Wilson sucks and won’t get me the passes I need in tight windows consistently. So this is a reflection on Zach being clueless out there, I think. He’s not asking for a trade I’d he thinks Zach Wilson is a perennial all pro QB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The more I think of it, the Jets hold all the cards and are in a good position to do absolutely nothing with this guy at this time. Unless some team makes an offer you couldn’t refuse, I JD a think will bide his time.

We have lots of depth at the WR position.

So suspended him. Tell him sure, you will be traded….when the right offer comes along.

Until then, Stay away from the facility, go play with your agent.

The Jets need to make an example of this situation, unfortunately. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s shown a bunch when not playing with a <cough> developing quarterback who struggles to complete passes on the NFL level. Say what you will about Zach Wilson, but the vast majority of NFL teams are currently operating at a higher level in the passing game than the NYJ. 

Trade deadline approaching 

Interested Season 10 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

3 minutes ago, slats said:

This is shocking only because of how stupid it is. How did his agent not stop this? Moore comes off like a diva/bitch here. All he’s done is hurt his own brand. Jets won’t trade him without getting blown away with an offer, and I can’t imagine anyone blowing them away for for a whiny second year player who’s accomplishments are still a good distance from his potential. Just dumb. 

It’s a distraction. Luckily it’s probably not as big a distraction as Russ Wilson’s new Subway commercial. 

His agent is most likely the culprit.... He gets paid if Moore gets paid

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

It's funny how many people are saying that mims is going to solve this 

That guy asked for a trade weeks ago 

Look it's great they are winning and all but they are doing it without a passing game 

It's 2022 and they aren't even trying to pass 

That's going to catch up with them sooner rather than later 

As for Moore and mims they are messing with these guys future money. Moore doesn't get paid for breece hall's running 

It's not right but it's understandable 

This outside run ground and pound system isn't making any pass catchers happy 

It’s a team game. This guy posts all different things about his faith and doesn’t follow up or back his teammates. It’s all about me that’s it **** him. 

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He’s shown a bunch when not playing with a <cough> developing quarterback who struggles to complete passes on the NFL level. Say what you will about Zach Wilson, but the vast majority of NFL teams are currently operating at a higher level in the passing game than the NYJ. 

Seriously you are clueless. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Even if you're right, every year there are about 10 teams running out 1st or 2nd year struggling QB's.  If every second tier WR (and that's what he is) complained and requested trades because they didn't want to be playing with a young QB - the league wouldn't be able to function. 

It's seems incredibly short sighted and selfish on his part - don't really see any other way to look at it.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It’s exactly what they did to Mims and it wouldn’t shock me in the least if that’s what happens to Moore.

Moggs, This reads like you’re saying the reason they never dressed Mims is he asked for a trade after they never dressed him…. Am I following you correctly?

Free Elijah Moore. (In this offense or elsewhere)

I posted this in another thread.

Personally, if I were a talented receiver, on a rookie contract, I would not want to play for the Jets.

Unproven passing attack and QB…plus high potential for slander from a fickle fan base… and overactive media/ content creator environment…

Now second contract… a slightly different story… but only slightly judging by how Corey Davis’ is viewed on his very reasonable WR2 contract.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

2 minutes ago, KRL said:

Moore's actions are saying he would've rather had 10+ catches, 150+ yards with
3+ TDs instead of the team winning three in a row.  He needs to be left behind
when the team goes to DEN and Mims needs to take his spot

It’s a business decision. Most WRs have 1 big nfl multi year contract to get. It happens in their mid 20s or so. Elijah likely reasons if he sticks with Zach and puts up 700 or so yards and 4 tds a year, he’s gonna live a lesser quality of life down the road then if he goes somewhere and puts up 1100 yards 8 tds and gets a muliti year deal paying him Corey Davis type money or more. 

• Upvote 1