Kareem Hunt (on the block)

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If were were on the doorstep of a Super Bowl that would be one thing.  But do you think we're there yet?  I think there's a very good chance we're going to be 5-5 after our next 3 games.  

I don't think you need to be on the door step of a SB to help your team make the playoffs. 

Trading away a 4th for Kareem Hunt or David Montgomery isn't mortgaging your future. It's one pick for the chance to make the playoffs and give the young players valuable playoff experience and confidence heading into next year. 

We also make the team more attractive to future free agents. 

If it was a question of giving up what SF did to get CMC, my answer would be absolutely not. But Hunt and Montgomery would cost a fraction of what SF gave up. 

• Upvote 2

It's pretty simple really. The RB was the most important piece for this offense to work and he just went down for the season, most likely. Not replacing him with a #1 back at 5-2 would be malpractice. Carter is a good player but he's a situational piece, he's not an every down back. If they want to continue towards the playoffs they have to replace Hall with a good player so they don't stall the offense. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, batman10023 said:

What did you think we would be after ten games prior to season starting?

I don't recall having a 10 game prediction but no way I thought we'd start 5-2.  I get what you're going to follow with: "well, how do you know they can't win a SB then?!"

I just wouldn't even consider trading a 3rd rounder for a RB.

8 hours ago, choon328 said:

It's pretty simple really. The RB was the most important piece for this offense to work and he just went down for the season, most likely. Not replacing him with a #1 back at 5-2 would be malpractice. Carter is a good player but he's a situational piece, he's not an every down back. If they want to continue towards the playoffs they have to replace Hall with a good player so they don't stall the offense. 

Dude, everyone knows you don't make a push to the playoffs until you get the text alert that says You're now making a Super Bowl Run. It used to be one of those pop up things from the Thanksgiving turkeys.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Sadly, CMC would have looked a lot more attractive right now.  

What about D'Ernest Johnson from CLE?  He was pretty solid last season but completely overlooked this year behind Chubb and Hunt.  

https://www.nfl.com/videos/d-ernest-johnson-takes-off-for-lightning-quick-28-yard-dash

JD was never going to give up what the niners did for CMC.

Johnson is a good call.  I really liked him last year when he filled in.  

We can't just sit back and rely on picking up the tevin Colemans of the world. 

1 minute ago, bd71 said:

Joe D likes his draft picks.  Going to be interesting to see if he tries to improve the team for a potential playoff push, or holds tight and continues to build through the draft.

He does love his picks and would never give up a high pick to win now.... at least not yet. 

But a mid or late round pick seems like something he would do given our record and need for a running game.  

• Upvote 1

This would be a no brainer trade and lessen the blow of the Hall injury. The Jets are in :gasp: CONTENTION - don't take the injury on the chin if you don't have to. Get a reasonable replacement (like Hunt) and keep it moving.

Let Hunt walk at the end of the season and get a comp pick (if possible)

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i can't get behind giving up draft capital to prolong the inevitable. Unless we get better QB play, bring in FAs - now is not the time to give up a day 2 pick to continue hiding Zach

At 5-2, it is exactly the time to continue to hide Zach. You know that if they don't the Jets season is over. Do you even want them to win?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i can't get behind giving up draft capital to prolong the inevitable. Unless we get better QB play, bring in FAs - now is not the time to give up a day 2 pick to continue hiding Zach

If the cost is a day 2 pick, I am with you.  Too much to give up for a 2 month rental.  But if we could get him for a day 3 pick, let him walk in FA and recoup the pick in the following year, I might be willing to give that a shot.  Zach has not been good, but I still want to see this team make the playoffs. 

• Upvote 2