Jets Pats should be flexed week 11

5 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

What’s the deadline for a flex?

How far in advance can the NFL flex a game?

For games from Weeks 5-17, the league must provide 12 days notice before flexing a game.

When it comes to Week 18, the league wants to ensure Sunday Night Football has a game with meaningful playoff implications. Since those playoff implications will not be fully known until the conclusion of Week 17, Week 18 flex scheduling only requires six days notice. The two Saturday games in Week 18 must also be decided by the prior Monday.

so we should know by tomorrow 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

The Jets quickly have a chance to overcome their 22-17 loss to the Patriots in Week 8. They have two weeks to enjoy the win over the Bills and prepare for another Bill. Bill Belichick. Sauce and the Jets can’t wait. Chances are Bart Scott can’t wait, either.

Not sure about Bart. He has done pretty strange, contrarian takes about the Jets 

10 hours ago, doitny said:

How far in advance can the NFL flex a game?

For games from Weeks 5-17, the league must provide 12 days notice before flexing a game.

When it comes to Week 18, the league wants to ensure Sunday Night Football has a game with meaningful playoff implications. Since those playoff implications will not be fully known until the conclusion of Week 17, Week 18 flex scheduling only requires six days notice. The two Saturday games in Week 18 must also be decided by the prior Monday.

so we should know by tomorrow 

Thanks

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

As of now the SNF game week 11 is bengals vs steelers, which nobody wants to watch, so other than cowboys vikings theres no other good games to be flexed lets get the Jets in primetime

But The Jets win at 1:00 .. so lets hope this does not happen.

Looking at the schedule I think the Jets will get flexed once and maybe twice, but not against the Patriots.

Most likely candidates, imo:

Week 13: Jets @ Vikings (currently Colts @ Dallas)

Week 14: Jets @ Bills (currently Chiefs @ Broncos)

Week 17: Jets @ Seahawks (currently Chargers vs Rams)

And if the playoffs are on the line - possibly win and in, lose and go home...

Week 18: Jets @ Dolphins 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

both these teams have 5 primetime games this season each and they had already played each other on primetime on TNF. Unbelievable.

Extra pissed because I work until 7:00 est time that sunday, so was holding out hope id be able to watch the game after work 

Now i'll just have to get paid to watch it at work ?‍♂️

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Mahomes is the face of the league, so I get it. Also, Herbert is amazing. 

Having said that - how many times do we need to see the Chiefs in primetime this year? 

I was just about to say, this is all about Herbert bs. Mahomes and it's also for the lead in the division, if I'm not mistaken.

• Upvote 1

Another annoying thing is that the Chargers are on Sunday night this coming week, as well. 

I get that Herbert is awesome, but I think putting the same teams on primetime over and over again is lame. How many times will the Chargers and Chiefs be in primetime before the season is over?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

Looking at the schedule I think the Jets will get flexed once and maybe twice, but not against the Patriots.

Most likely candidates, imo:

Week 13: Jets @ Vikings (currently Colts @ Dallas)

Week 14: Jets @ Bills (currently Chiefs @ Broncos)

Week 17: Jets @ Seahawks (currently Chargers vs Rams)

And if the playoffs are on the line - possibly win and in, lose and go home...

Week 18: Jets @ Dolphins 

If they flex any of these, I hope it’s the Vikings. They might be the only team that sucks more than the Jets in prime time, especially with Cousins. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Another annoying thing is that the Chargers are on Sunday night this coming week, as well. 

I get that Herbert is awesome, but I think putting the same teams on primetime over and over again is lame. How many times will the Chargers and Chiefs be in primetime before the season is over?

Speaking of Herbert maybe it is the injury he suffered, but he is not the qb we saw last year.

chiefs/chargers eh - chargers coach will probably do something stupid and chiefs win.

Hate the Steelers but I think Steelers/bengals might be a better game

24 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Speaking of Herbert maybe it is the injury he suffered, but he is not the qb we saw last year.

chiefs/chargers eh - chargers coach will probably do something stupid and chiefs win.

Hate the Steelers but I think Steelers/bengals might be a better game

I do think it is the injury - I was actually amazed he was able to not miss any time. Rib injures are no joke.