No PI call on the first INT

AFJF

12 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

If this is the thread to complain about calls in, I cannot fathom how they didn't measure for that first down that Saleh questioned.  It was nowhere near obvious (the initial placement looked short of the yellow line, and the commentator said it was "obviously short") yet they refused to measure both before & after the challenge?

Sorry if that was discussed in the game thread but there's no way I'm sifting through all that . . .

I always thought they would switch to laser measurements or something with technology. Nope, now instead they just say, first down. Blows my mind.

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

The officiating was brutal particularly in the first half. There were blatant PI's not called against against Mims and Davis but yet we were called for 2 or 3 consecutive holding penalties in the secondary. Either call them or don't. I just hate when refs play a role in winning or losing. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The officiating was brutal particularly in the first half. There were blatant PI's not called against against Mims and Davis but yet we were called for 2 or 3 consecutive holding penalties in the secondary. Either call them or don't. I just hate when refs play a role in winning or losing. 

The holding Call on Sauce when Jefferson basically mugged him was particularly concerning

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Mims and Wilson both got mugged on crucial plays in the first half.  

Call it both ways ref. 

That's all it needs to be.  Either let them play or call the ticky tack calls both ways.  

That 4th and 2 call on gardner was not nearly as bad as any of the mugging the Jets guys took on far less important plays.

4th and 2 is change of possession and extending the drive led to 7 points 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Two things can be true at once.

The Refs we’re quite rough for us yesterday.

Personally I prefer they let DB's play and when the DB's grab to keep WR from getting to spots call the less game changing holding call.  

This goes on in every NFL game.  Guess what Jets fans aren't objective in the moment neither are Vikings fans.   Players are at very high risk and the league is giving the refs more judgement to protect players.  It's not a great look but it's far from a conspiracy.  

No Jets fans bitched when Gardner interfered in the BIlls game did they?

The narrative that the refs are out to get the Jets is bat sh*t crazy talk. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

I thought the whitehead call was the right one. He went unnecessarily high and the top of his helmet hit or nearly hit his chin 

Exactly.  It doesn't have to be called but NFL players need to be protected.  Watching the interview with Chrebet and Coles it's pretty obvious Wayne doesn't have a full deck anymore.  I hate the change in the game but the science is clear.  Players on both sides need to be protected. 

10 hours ago, OCCH23 said:

If this is the thread to complain about calls in, I cannot fathom how they didn't measure for that first down that Saleh questioned.  It was nowhere near obvious (the initial placement looked short of the yellow line, and the commentator said it was "obviously short") yet they refused to measure both before & after the challenge?

Sorry if that was discussed in the game thread but there's no way I'm sifting through all that . . .

Where they placed the ball was past the marker. It was a generous  spot. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Two things can be true at once:

1) the officiating was bad and lopsided in favor of Minnesota (I was there and there were Vikings fans saying the same thing in the stands - people were actually laughing at the fact that they initially called Mike White short of the goal line on the sneak)

2) the jets blew it at the end of the game 

They got the Mike White call correct.  It was a challengable call.  Not sure what that has to do with anything?

8 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They got the Mike White call correct.  It was a challengable call.  Not sure what that has to do with anything?

They got it correct on replay. The call on the field was incorrect. 

It was obviously a touchdown in real time. I was sitting in section 230 - which was looking right down at the goal line from the top of the stadium. The ball was at least a half yard inside the endzone. Not particularly close. 

the officiating was blatantly one-sided yesterday. And btw, that was the same crew that called our game in GB. They were garbage in that game, as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VJphillyfan said:

You guys do know that most nfl and nba refs are on Vegas’s payroll?  All those guys are degenerate gamblers

No idea how prevalent it is, but know it's out there. At some point there will be a scandal that won't be able to be swept under the rug as the NBA managed to do. Tim Donaghy showed that every ref knows what the spread and under/over number are. Some may be betting directly or through 2nd parties. The 1st half yesterday was a total disgrace. 

• Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

They got it correct on replay. The call on the field was incorrect. 

It was obviously a touchdown in real time. I was sitting in section 230 - which was looking right down at the goal line from the top of the stadium. The ball was at least a half yard inside the endzone. Not particularly close. 

the officiating was blatantly one-sided yesterday. And btw, that was the same crew that called our game in GB. They were garbage in that game, as well. 

Blantant implies intention.  I don't agree with that assesment.  If you flip a coin 10 times and it comes up heads 10 consecutive times it still doesn't mean the odds aren't 50/50.