12 quotes by Bill Parcells that the Jets and Jets fans can learn something from.

Alka

2 hours ago, Alka said:

2. "Blame no one. Expect nothing. Do something."

8. "You don't get any medal for trying somehting, you get medals for results."

11. "Don't tell me about the pain. Show me the baby."

12. "The only players I hurt with my words are the ones who have an inflated opinion of their ability."

Unfortunately these 4 just go against everything in society these days sad ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

21 minutes ago, Alka said:

Some quotes from Bill Parcells that I feel Jets fans and players can learn something from:

1. "Losers assemble in small groups and complain, winners assemble as a team and find ways to win."

3. "You are what your record says that you are."

4. "Confidence is only born out of one thing; demonstrated ability. It is not born of anything else. You cannot dream up confidence. You cannot fabricate it. You cannot wish it.  You have to accomplish it."

5. "Don't ever let good enough be good enough."

6. "Potential means you haven't done anything yet."

7. "What sets disciplined people apart? The capacity to get past distractions.  Focus on the task at hand."

9. "Accept false steps as opportunities to learn. It's one thing to hate failure, it's another to fear it."

10. "You lose with potential.  You win with performance."

12. "The only players I hurt with my words are the ones who have an inflated opinion of their ability."

Words to live by! 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Alka said:

Some quotes from Bill Parcells that I feel Jets fans and players can learn something from:

1. "Losers assemble in small groups and complain, winners assemble as a team and find ways to win."

4. "Confidence is only born out of one thing; demonstrated ability. It is not born of anything else. You cannot dream up confidence. You cannot fabricate it. You cannot wish it.  You have to accomplish it."

7. "What sets disciplined people apart? The capacity to get past distractions.  Focus on the task at hand."

9. "Accept false steps as opportunities to learn. It's one thing to hate failure, it's another to fear it."

We have a winner.

1 hour ago, Alka said:

In all of football one of the things I hate most are Parcells quotes.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Missing one here that I think Jets fans in particular would understand at this moment in time.

"You can't just dial 1-800-quarterback.  Teams have been looking for a decade"

Unfortunately many of these quotes would result in today's human beings seeking therapy. Number two is pretty awesome, and the antithesis of today's main stream culture. They're all pretty awesome. "The only players I hurt with my words are the ones who have an inflated opinion of their ability." We've gone soft the last decade+.

history of the world moses GIF

2 hours ago, Alka said:

Society needs to remember this

Ah, the 12 Commandments.  Wait...I thought it was 10?

:-)

Actually, I like most of these, esp. #1.  People do like to form small groups to complain about whatever. 

Women might have trouble with #11.  Bill probably never went through hours of labor pains.  If he'd said that to my wife after we had our first son, she would have slapped him in the face and said, "Say something clever now, a**hole."  

17 minutes ago, JiFields said:

#7 is the only meaningful one, the rest are just dumb toxic masculinity tough guy hardy har har nonsense that hold zero value or weight.  Parcells was a blow hard moron.  Jets fans should hate him with every ounce of fiber for what he did to this franchise. 

Proud of sweet one! 

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Proud of sweet one! 

The guy is directly responsible for Peyton Manning staying in school and not becoming the NY Jets QB.  And also directly responsible for creating the evil empire in NE, but sure, lets all suck him off because he had that one season where did that thing and choked hard when it mattered and said stuff along the way!