Brock Purdy

Wit

51 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I was responding to a post asking if Jets fans are triggered watching Purdy today. Why would any Jets fan be upset by the way Purdy is playing today?

Jets fans are triggered by high quality QB play under pressure in big spots because we don't get in big games and don't get high quality QB play.

Its mostly a distant memory.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Before this guy is anointed we have to see him win games in which his defense does not dominate and get him 3 turnovers a game.

On the Jets Purdy is Mike White

I think you’re under selling him. He’s 8-0 including 2 playoff games and the team was averaging 35 points a game compared to 25 with Garrapolo. It’s pretty impressive.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Before this guy is anointed we have to see him win games in which his defense does not dominate and get him 3 turnovers a game.

On the Jets Purdy is Mike White

Every QB in the league is either Mike White, Sam Darnold, or Zach Wilson on the Jets according to people here, and it makes absolutely no sense.

We all know our offense stinks, but I don’t get why we keep saying this when talking about other team’s QBs.
Just because ours suck doesn’t mean all of the ones on other teams do also.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

23 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

What it also means is the whole SF thing works without:

- Robert Saleh

- Matt LaFleur

- Mike McDaniel

- John Benton

- ....Jimmy Garoppolo

Will the Jets take note that the 49ers are 60 minutes away from the Super Bowl without any of these guys, or make a $30MM+/year investment in another individual the 49ers were quite able to do without?

I’m getting to the point where i don’t think it even matters what we do. 
There are way too many good teams and great QBs just in the AFC for us to compete for a title against a NFC team.

We’re not surviving a gauntlet of Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert and now Lawrence. That just isn’t going to happen. We can’t even beat Mac Jones.

• Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

How is his performance today any different from White vs the Vikings?  3 FGs and no TDs and 120 yards passing.  He's playing a very pedestrian game so far. 

He's playing the number 2 defense in the NFL?

His receivers are open at the highest rate in the NFL. They're the best coached team in the league. 

Flufn13aMAAyZoi?format=jpg&name=medium

The success is Shanahan's and it does put me off Garoppolo some to see a 7th rounder plugging in and doing just as well. Makes you think anyone could succeed in this system. Except maybe Trey Lance and obviously Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

41 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

His receivers are open at the highest rate in the NFL. They're the best coached team in the league. 

The success is Shanahan's and it does put me off Garoppolo some to see a 7th rounder plugging in and doing just as well. Makes you think anyone could succeed in this system. Except maybe Trey Lance and obviously Zach Wilson. 

And Mike White.  And Joe Flacco.  

Hmmmm maybe the Jets had the playbook but didn’t really run the system. 

2 hours ago, docdhc said:

I think you’re under selling him. He’s 8-0 including 2 playoff games and the team was averaging 35 points a game compared to 25 with Garrapolo. It’s pretty impressive.  

I think it's more of the RB. The 49ers are now 12-1 with CMC on the team and 3-3 without him. They averaged around 19 ppg without him, and around 35 ppg with him. Jimmy G's ppg stat is low because of the first 6 weeks. Purdy had CMC the entire time. 

It's pretty similar to how Zach Wilson had a 4-0 record as a starter until Breece Hall went down. The Shanahan offense relies on having a good RB, and so when CMC showed up it obviously bumped up the scoring by 10 ppg.

Brock Purdy is impressive in that he plays like he's been in the NFL for 7 years, but I wouldn't attribute the 49ers win streak and high scoring to him, rather to CMC and others like Deebo, Kittle the stellar OL and the #1 Defense.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Blistering 6.45 YPA today.  He's really showing us!

This is what very good defenses do to a QB . But even with all the pressure the kid still didn't make any dumb mistakes. How many times have we seen elite level QB's get their asses handed to them by elite defenses in the playoffs ? Hell our Jets defense in 2010 destroyed Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in consecutive games. 

4 hours ago, heymangold said:

Purdy wasn’t great today.

the jets don’t run the Kyle Shanahan system, they ran a terribly coached offshoot of it.

Yet somehow when Mike White played we averaged over 400 yards of offense a game. Wonder how that works ? 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

How is his performance today any different from White vs the Vikings?  3 FGs and no TDs and 120 yards passing.  He's playing a very pedestrian game so far. 

Probly cuz the Vikings D is the worst in the league and the Cowboys are great 

Vine Wtf GIF

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Check out Ben Johnson’s offense hanging out between Kyle Shanahan’s and Andy Reid’s.

The Eagles and 49ers show that the Jets did have the right plan.  The Eagles OL and pressure 6 deep DL is what JD wanted to do.  He just failed to execute on the OL.

The 49ers have a similar idea of defense and an offensive system that can thrive with smart QBs like Jimmy G and Purdy.   But JD has not found WRs that look like 49er WRs.  

The Jets should stick with this plan.  They need to do a better job scouting and finding players and coaching them.  The plan is fine.  It needs better execution. 

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

This is what very good defenses do to a QB . But even with all the pressure the kid still didn't make any dumb mistakes. How many times have we seen elite level QB's get their asses handed to them by elite defenses in the playoffs ? Hell our Jets defense in 2010 destroyed Peyton Manning and Tom Brady in consecutive games. 

Yet somehow when Mike White played we averaged over 400 yards of offense a game. Wonder how that works ? 

How many TDs did he score?  How many wins did they have?

9 hours ago, section314 said:

Exactly why the Jets should do everything they can to get a real QB coach in here for Zach . The 49rs offered JD the world to get that pick. Based on their track record ,you would think he is probably worth  investing a coach that will actually coach him.

You're underestimating how lucky SF was and how dumb JD was.

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

He only did that once against a team that wasn't one of the 2 worst passing defenses in the NFL. 

32 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

alternate reality: Jets trade away the pick and he goes to SF and is playing in the NFCCG next week. Jets fans cry about how stupid it was.

The Niners are QB proof. 

Brock was a 4 year starter in a major conference.   He had real experience and maturity when he came into the league.   

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yes, I agree Purdy is no Joe Namath. He only threw for 214 yds, but that was still more yds than Prescott threw for (even though Dak threw the ball 8 more times than Brock). The most important statistic to me was Purdy had no INT’s compared to Dak’s 2 picks.

Purdy in his 1st playoff game last week (which was the 5th game of his career), threw 3 TD’s and again no INT’s. So in 2 playoff games of his 6 game career Purdy has thrown 3TD’s with no INT’s. I agree these are not HOF QB statistics . . . but a total of 546 yds passing, 3 TD’s, no INT’s in your first 2 playoff games is not bad for any rookie QB.

What gets to me the most is San Francisco is only paying Brock 3.7 million for 4 years, while we have to pay Zach 10 times that at 35 million for 4 years!

16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Purdy is miles better than White.  White is a very slow footed QB.  Purdy is much more mobile and is much more patient going through his progressions because of it.

Helps that he has more than 2 seconds to scan the field. The 49'ers Oline makes the current Jets Oline look like papier mache.