Daron Lee wants to be a Jet 4 life

Bronx

He must like football. With $10 million in career earnings, I'm hoping he doesn't need the money.

I see that last summer he convinced the Raiders to sign him to a $990,000 1 year contract (shocking!) but they came to their senses and released him on August 30th.

Still, I'd invite him to show up as a camp body because you never know.

Doesn't seem like he has played in ages, but he hasn't actually been out of the league that long.  Had some substance abuse suspensions, but he played for the Chiefs and won a ring in 2019.  In 2020 he was on the Bills practice squad and played a couple of games.  In 2021 he signed with the Raiders, but landed on IR with an undisclosed injury and got cut with an injury settlement.  I had not seen anything about him from after camp in 2021 or 2022. I am not sure if he reverted to IR with the Raiders after clearing waivers.

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

His mother probably still tells him what to do and anyway the 185lb linebacker experiment failed the 1st time so why bother.

Why not?  How is the team harmed giving him a offseason well-before-camp tryout?

New staff, maybe they find a role, at league minimum of course.  It's not like we don't have several other hybrid-tweeners on this D roster.

If it wasn't for Leonard Williams stepping in, there would be video evidence of Lee beating up a woman at a concert.

And once upon a time, if my wife didn't step in, I would have been arrested for fighting a half-dozen police officers at a Lynyrd Skynyrd concert.

But I didn't.  

Sometimes people make bad decisions, but are lucky enough to have someone save them from it. 

Woulda, coulda, shoulda isn't the same as actually doing it.

Just now, Jetpain said:

He sucked and did nothing to make them win the SB.  Bottom of roster guy that got a ring.  Not impressive of a first round pick from 3 years earlier. 

i'm not arguing that he was good.  he wasn't good.  i'm also not saying i'd bring him back, cause there's no shot or reason too. just simply correcting your post that was wrong.  he played 3 years here, went to KC and was on the roster/contributed to a team that won a super bowl, was on the bills practice squad and then was cut by the raiders.  that's all.

• Upvote 1