Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

When is he next on woth McAfee.  Is that Tuesdays.  If so, I would not be surprised if all is agreed to and he breaks the news tomorrow.  Past that, and I am assuming we will need to move on to Plan B.

He said the last time he was on mcafee that he would tell the packers before he says anything to mcafee. At this point he’s a mystery.

Just now, WILLY said:

At some point today, if nothing is announced or no press conference is scheduled, you would have to assume that a deal is not finalized. Have we reached that point yet?

Once the tampering period begins I will get there. Still holding on to hope.

Just now, Maxman said:

Honestly if he doesn't state his intentions before noon today then he's a dramatic clown.

Sure, I'll root for him and be happy if he still signs beyond noon today but if you really care about winning then you're playing games past 12pm today.

Has anyone considered he told the Jets last week, “look, I really have no idea what I’m going to do. I have no objection to a trade, but don’t put all your eggs in my basket. I can’t give you a definite answer right now.”

In that scenario I could see the Jets saying, “okay fine. Take your time, we’ll wait until Monday afternoon, but after that we need to proceed like this isn’t happening.”

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Honestly if he doesn't state his intentions before noon today then he's a dramatic clown.

Sure, I'll root for him and be happy if he still signs beyond noon today but if you really care about winning then you're playing games past 12pm today.

2 hours and 20 minutes until the apocalypse.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Either way, I think you will achieve new record highs for this week. Rodgers becomes newJet Qb, Announces Retirement or stays with GB… you are holding the winning hand! Add any quality FA signings….

To The Moon Meme GIF by Shibetoshi Nakamoto

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Has anyone considered he told the Jets last week, “look, I really have no idea what I’m going to do. I have no objection to a trade, but don’t put all your eggs in my basket. I can’t give you a definite answer right now.”

In that scenario I could see the Jets saying, “okay fine. Take your time, we’ll wait until Monday afternoon, but after that we need to proceed like this isn’t happening.”

If they told them that, there wouldn't be reports that the jets are very optimistic about their chances. I highly doubt he said that to them.

• Upvote 1

I could see Rodgers having already agreed to the trade, but telling the Packers and Jets to keep it hush hush, simply to mess with the media.

He very well could have told the Packers and Jets that if anything is leaked, he is retiring, but if things don't get leaked, he will sign off by Wednesday.

Who knows?

Based on the drips and drabs of info coming out, I think Rodgers has already agreed to the trade.  At this point it seems as if the Jets and Packers are playing a game of chicken, waiting until the start of FA to see if either blinks on the compensation.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s genuinely amazing that nobody has any idea about Rodgers’ actual plan, other than (you’d presume) the principals. Watching the Schefters of the world flail about while b-team ESPN guys try to go viral presenting hypotheses as fact has been some sh*t

I'm hoping the actual scoop comes from Kimberly Martin or Dianna Russini...

2 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Unless you’re in the actual brain of Aaron Rodgers, nobody knows anything and anyone who tells you different is a liar. 

Yeah, the only things I can confirm are that I’m working (barely), lol.

I do not, nor will I ever, have any connection to Rodgers or his inner circle.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Bottom line it's a game of chicken, and Joe Douglas is going to win holding onto the 13th overall pick.

the only game of chicken here is the one Aaron is playing with y'all,.. and you lost like wayyyy back at the start of the alley. Barely got off the line.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Trying to sell free agents on NYJ is significantly easier when you have Aaron Rodgers vs when you don’t. 

Says who?  You?  Or is that something you want to use as a reason to get an announcement that the deal is done?  You don’t even know which FAs the Jets would be interested in signing for their offense.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

the only game of chicken here is the one Aaron is playing with y'all,.. and you lost like wayyyy back at the start of the alley. Barely got off the line.

Maybe Rodgers hasn't decided yet, and/or the Jets and Packers aren't leaking anything because they're still hashing out a deal. If it were just up to Rodgers I believe we'd know the basic framework of the deal by now.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jets and Redskins said:

I suspect they already know the answer. We may nort hear anything till 17 or 18. Watch the signings today for any hints. I think he is coming and they have known for a long time.

I think he is going to play becaise he won't  leave 100 million on the table. I just don't  understand what dragging this out accomplishes.

9 minutes ago, greeniemeanie said:

I could see Rodgers having already agreed to the trade, but telling the Packers and Jets to keep it hush hush, simply to mess with the media.

He very well could have told the Packers and Jets that if anything is leaked, he is retiring, but if things don't get leaked, he will sign off by Wednesday.

Who knows?

it could be a lot of things but this isn't one of them.