Jets Sign Al Woods

56 minutes ago, KRL said:

The practice reps Tippmann will get against Quinnen & Woods will get him ready for

the season.  Speed & penetration from Quinnen and strength from Woods

Honestly was thinking the same about this edge group for Warren and Mitchell as well. Think going up against the DL may be a practice is harder than games situation for the OL group at times.

• Upvote 1

Just now, derp said:

Honestly was thinking the same about this edge group for Warren and Mitchell as well. Think going up against the DL may be a practice is harder than games situation for the OL group at times.

I’m very hopeful that this scenario really helps the OL. Having a really diverse D-Line with all different kinds of rushers, will give them every look imaginable. Iron sharpens Iron and we end up with a deep/flexible OL group from it. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

I don't understand it how these huge DTs who are run stoppers can play forever. I would think that the wear and tear would not allow them to play as long as they do, but there are so many who just keep playing for ages.

They are super strong, great leverage.

They can't really move, but they can't be moved either so they can control a space.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Man, this thread makes me wish Kris Jenkins didn't get injured.  He was one of my favorite Jets for the few games he was actually here.  True 'man among boys'.

Jenks , when healthy, without exception was the best nose tackle in the league at that time. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Bro we are getting compensary picks...we actually have a good team and good gm. It's a good time for the jets.

Great pick up needed some beef on the line 

Do you know how a team actually gets comp picks, or are you just doing your cheerleading routine again?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KRL said:

The practice reps Tippmann will get against Quinnen & Woods will get him ready for

the season.  Speed & penetration from Quinnen and strength from Woods

Fact: One can never have enough speed, penetration and strength from the wood.  

• More Ugh 1

3 hours ago, CSNY said:

Jenks , when healthy, without exception was the best nose tackle in the league at that time. 

That bitch-slap he put on the Titans' Center was one of the greatest single things I have ever seen done on an NFL field.  

• Upvote 4