NY Jets Sign Dalvin Cook

29 minutes ago, Larz said:

Mixed emotions.  Have to assume Hall won’t be ready for a month. 

probably the end for Bam 

Nah I’d trade Carter b4 releasing Bam. It’s only a 1 year deal. Bam is a good back to keep and more versatile than Carter. And he has a cooler name. 

• Upvote 1

Week 1 Bills

Week 2 Cowboys

Everyone gets a kick out of making fun of the cowboys but they are loaded. 

If Hall is not up to speed , Cook gives them a running game to take advantage of the light boxes and this defense looks awesome but the Chiefs put up 38 on the Eagles and they are week 4

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Between the DL rotation and now the RB rotation, it feels like we're emulating the 49ers.  Not a bad thing at all (though obviously our QB is much better but our HC is questionable while theirs is top-tier).

Plan is to take early leads, force turnovers with pass rush and run the ball in the 4th.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Everything we read is Breece being ready for week one. But with not much practice and a tough early schedule, I’m assuming they wanna ease him back slowly if he is ready. And let’s be honest we have a two-year window here so it’s really good insurance if Breece is either not ready or doesn’t get back to his normal self until next season.

The track record of RBs the year after his injury is really rough.  By 2024 he should be fine but 2023 will absolutely be slow going for him, whether he suits up Week 1 or not.  We definitely needed to add to the RB room.

I just didn't think Cook was the guy we needed to go get, is all.  My preference was to wait to see who springs loose on cutdown day.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1

We were a winning team with zac Wilson at QB last year and when Breece Hall went down we plummeted off a cliff.  The Jets were determined for that not to happen this year.

I've always liked Cook and am glad we got him but the price is a fair bit higher than I thought it would be.

Oline is really the worry now.  At least we have much better depth and numbers this year but still a bit of a worry.

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter ⁦‪@AdamSchefter‬⁩

Free-agent RB Dalvin Cook is planning to sign a one-year deal worth up to $8.6 million with the New York Jets, per source. pic.twitter.com/SU95TqaQL4

8/14/23, 7:03 PM

Peanuts. Zeile got 6M from Pats end he’s toast. 

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm good with whatever Emperor Rodgers says at this stage.  Glad its only a 1-year deal.  Eno Benjamin tearing his ACL really took the wind out of my sails on the cutdown RB market anyways, lol.

I legit thought of you when I first found out about Eno 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I've always liked Cook and am glad we got him but the price is a fair bit higher than I thought it would be.

I am not a big fan of Cook, and I am not thrilled with this.  But we still need to see the details on the incentives.  Price is up to $8.6M. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Interesting timing I guess.  When Zach Martin extended his contract, both the Pats and Jets signed RB targets.  I wonder if they were both saving some space in case the things with Martin went south.  

I'm ok with the signing, mainly because I'm not sure there is much else to do with the money right now.  There isn't that "OMG, why is he unsigned?" type talent out there.  You could make an argument for Clowney but that position is beyond deep on the roster.  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am not a big fan of Cook, and I am not thrilled with this.  But we still need to see the details on the incentives.  Price is up to $8.6M. 

I don't want a penny of his deal to be incentive-based.  We don't need him complaining about touches late in the season.