Was That The Worst Win In Franchise History?

6 hours ago, Robert said:

Worst win? 

no

we scored with 24 seconds left with no time outs with a historically bad QB… It was epic. 

smarten up dude. Stop being such an angry vagina

wins are great and make babies

ugly wins are epic and make Angels 

Brilliant line

7 hours ago, Robert said:

Worst win? 

no

we scored with 24 seconds left with no time outs with a historically bad QB… It was epic. 

smarten up dude. Stop being such an angry vagina

wins are great and make babies

ugly wins are epic and make Angels 

As another poster said, that was a great line.

Actually, cheered me up some. I tend to be a glass half full kind of Jets fan, and winning — even winning ugly — when we’re still in the playoff hunt pretty much always feels good. But I was reflecting this morning that, in nearly 50 years of following this team closely, i really don’t recollect a win where where I felt quite like this. It’s strange. I’ve seen lucky wins and improbable comebacks before from the Jets (Cleveland last year being one recent example). But yesterdays second half was utterly disgusting until the last 24 seconds, and I don’t remember ever feeling so strongly that the Jets were less deserving of a win. ESPN gave us a .01% chance of winning before the Gano miss — yes, those probability algorythyms get kind of wonky at the edges, but that’s one in TEN THOUSAND chance of winning. And I don’t remember feeling quite like this before after a win — there’s very little joy in it.

One thing I can say (which is along the lines of the poetic post quoted here) is that we as Jets fans need to stop whining about our bad luck. The Jets have been very lucky this year. And luck can sometimes launch a team to greater things.

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Jets 3 Redskins 0 in 1993 late in the Pete season was worse. 

I was there. Worst game I ever saw.

Jets record went to 8-5 and prime position to make the playoffs.

And of course, never won another game, finished 8-8, Pete was fired and Hess hired Kotite.

Definitely worse than yesterday.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How do we take away anything positive from that game? I was a ZW supporter going into this game but WTAF was that?!   

It's a W in the standings.  Be happy. We've had decades where Jets would have lost a game like this.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, August said:

Zach can look terrible but can get hot and look competent out of nowhere. 

Very Jekyll and Hyde no doubt about it.  Look it was an ugly win but I’ll never be unhappy we Won especially winning 3 in a row and being 4-3 after losing our starting QB going against a brutal schedule.  

• Upvote 2

One could argue one of the greatest wins

big brother was so jealous of little brother getting all the attention that they decided to be just like little brother and lose a game the way they typically do.

personally a great day and big brothers fans got to ride home soaked and wet

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

I was there. Worst game I ever saw.

Jets record went to 8-5 and prime position to make the playoffs.

And of course, never won another game, finished 8-8, Pete was fired and Hess hired Kotite.

Definitely worse than yesterday.

That was 93.  Pete was 94 and the fake spike… which dropped us to 6-6 and we never won another game in THAT season. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How do we take away anything positive from that game? I was a ZW supporter going into this game but WTAF was that?!   

On the game thread virtually everyone on the board thought the Jets had no chance to win.  The game was clearly not out of hand at any point in that game.  The Giants rightfully went for a chip shot field goal because they couldn't throw the ball and they felt they couldn't get the yard on a dive play.  They missed.  Pretty unusual but it does happen.  Had they gotten it the Jets could have still won the game.  Unlikely but possible.  

The scenario that played out at the end, an offensive team struggling all game needing a few completions to get into FG position, happens all the time in NFL games.  Defenses relax, give up lots of yards and boom the offense moves the ball.  

This is the NFL.  A league designed for parity and close games that get decided in the last few seconds every week.  The positive take away is when there D relaxed our O stepped up and got it done.  They could have easily failed.  

KC has been winning ugly games all year.  Nobody cares.

• Upvote 2