TMZ: Rodgers to be cleared for Washington game

Rhg1084

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

And when he blows his knee out and is lost for 2024?

It would be a good test to see if he really is old and made of glass now.  I'd rather him blow his knee out the next 2 or 3 weeks than blow it out first 2 or 3 weeks next year.

Can't help but LOL here at some people who hate Rodgers and don't want him anymore yet are sh*tting themselves over the risk of him playing this year.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, extmenace said:

NFL script writers got a good one here. upset the phins, Rodgers comes in the last 2 weeks, winning both games and all the other scenarios play out and the nfl gets a Mahomes vs Rodgers rd 1 playoff game.

Jets blew it when they lost to the Falcons

Bobby Boy strikes again!!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

They are, but your dislike for the man is strong.

It's interesting how odd some of you are, it's all "boo hoo you hate him, waa waa you don't like him" like we're ten year old girls exchanging notes about first crushes.

Love, like, dislike, hate, all of that is irrelevant.  Only production matters.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's interesting how odd some of you are, it's all "boo hoo you hate him, waa waa you don't like him" like we're ten year old girls exchanging notes about first crushes.

Love, like, dislike, hate, all of that is irrelevant.  Only production matters.

I like him, so boo hoo hoo, that he will be starting QB next year. I am very happy about it.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Plen T said:

if not for idiotic coaching this would've made this game a no brainer for Aaron to play in to try and get us to 9-8 at worst

wins vs Buffalo, Denver, Philadelphia, close game robbed by refs in KC

Jets win vs the Falcons with Zach and are sitting at 6-7 right now! Could even pull off the upset vs the Fish and would have been 7-7 going into the Washington game

just inept coaching

INEPT!

We lost a couple of games this year that we should have won.  But also won a couple that no business winning

• Upvote 1

Regardless of whether or not he plays, it's a frickin' medical miracle.  Rodgers contributed another very meaningful milestone to the NFL (and sports in general), in addition to his career numbers. 

Just as ACL recovery times took a leap forward in the last decade, there is now a blueprint for much faster Achilles recovery.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Hex said:

The emergency QB only plays if all the other QBs ahead legitimately get hurt. I don't think they can play the emergency by benching the others. He shouldn't play, but if he's cleared and something crazy happens having that insurance is just a little nicer.

They already have an emergency QB on the roster (Rypen).

If the Jets lose 3 QBs to injury, they can run wildcat and call it a season.

3 hours ago, Hex said:

Jets aren't getting into the playoffs, even if they win out. It would be foolish to play Rodgers except as the emergency QB.

If we win out we definitely have a chance. Contending teams always falter in unexpected ways. It's unlikely but not impossible. Remember the first year with Rex we need like 12 things to go our way and all of them did.

55 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

If we win out we definitely have a chance. Contending teams always falter in unexpected ways. It's unlikely but not impossible. Remember the first year with Rex we need like 12 things to go our way and all of them did.

There are currently 11 teams in the AFC with a winning record. Winning out would also mean 5 teams with winning records go below that winning record for that to happen. On top of the Jets improbably winning out.

4 hours ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

It would be a good test to see if he really is old and made of glass now.  I'd rather him blow his knee out the next 2 or 3 weeks than blow it out first 2 or 3 weeks next year.

Can't help but LOL here at some people who hate Rodgers and don't want him anymore yet are sh*tting themselves over the risk of him playing this year.

But even despite the Achilles, guys gotta be rusty. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Green Truth said:

I don't know about that. If the league wants one of their stars back and to make that Cleveland game interesting. The script will be that the Jets beat Miami as it will not impact them. LOL

In today's NFL, I believe this to be more likely true than false. The officiating has never been more horrific, and nobody can tell me that the amount of money being bet on games doesn't have anything to do with it.

7 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

I agree but if they do play rodgers, i think it would be to show the team and the fans what they thought would happen when they traded for him.  It’s more about justifying their decisions than actually trying to make the playoffs. 

More about Rodgers proving that he is superman. 

8 hours ago, Plen T said:

if not for idiotic coaching this would've made this game a no brainer for Aaron to play in to try and get us to 9-8 at worst

wins vs Buffalo, Denver, Philadelphia, close game robbed by refs in KC

Jets win vs the Falcons with Zach and are sitting at 6-7 right now! Could even pull off the upset vs the Fish and would have been 7-7 going into the Washington game

just inept coaching

INEPT!

idk why, but I read this part in George Costanzas voice. 

Stressed George Costanza GIF by HULU

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, if TMZ says it.

TMZ is pretty damn accurate.   You know that, right?   They break a lot of stories.

By the way,  you haven’t been anywhere near as funny lately.  Pick up your game, dude.  No shortage of possible material this season…

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

TMZ is pretty damn accurate.   You know that, right?   They break a lot of stories.

Clearly, I don't, Mr. National Enquirer.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

By the way,  you haven’t been anywhere near as funny lately.  Pick up your game, dude.  No shortage of possible material this season…

Just for this, I resolve to be even more unfunny.

So, take that!