Which team will Zach Wilson start for next year after we trade him?

Biggs

Start?   No one, he will be a #2 guy if he lights it up the rest of the year or a #3 guy if he doesn't.

A team like the Niners who liked him in the draft year would make sense, if Darnold finds a better gig.

Heck perhaps the Bills if he gets cut not traded, perhaps jacksonville.

There are a lot of teams with poor to really bad backup QBs.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Thinking about who needs a top starter for the next 10 years.

Carolina, New England, MN, Pittsburgh, TN, Raiders, NY Giants, Washington, Tampa Bay, NY Jets.

AZ might be in the market and it's close to home.

My prediction.  He will replace Stafford in LA and be reunited with Lefluer and McVay.  Rodgers will slip and fall during the offseason while tripping on acid and never play a down for the NY Jets.  

My guess is Pittsburgh.

I agree with Pittsburgh, which is somewhere he actually has a chance to start. He is on the same level as Kenny Pickett and the Steelers fans will run that guy out of town. 

Funny thing is, if there is a tougher place to play in all of the NFL, than New York, it’s Pittsburgh. They were booing Mitch Trubisky out of the stadium last week, to get Mason Rudolph in the game and they were 7-5. 

Imagine what they would do to Zach? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

Mostly, I’m just interested in seeing how Zach plays the rest of the way. Once that’s in the books, I can start thinking about who might be looking to trade the Jets something of value in exchange for Zach and the $5.4M he’s guaranteed next year. 

If Zach plays at yesterdays level for the rest of the year what do you do?  Basically full run back of '23? 

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Mostly, I’m just interested in seeing how Zach plays the rest of the way. Once that’s in the books, I can start thinking about who might be looking to trade the Jets something of value in exchange for Zach and the $5.4M he’s guaranteed next year. 

All we can hope for is a 4 or 5. He might only get 1 more game this year, with Aaron possibly coming back, based upon reports. I am not sure if that helps or hurts Zach’s value. If Zach plays well and competes against Miami, win or lose, and that’s his last game starting here. We get a 4th from Pittsburgh or LA Rams, you run with that pick. 

I defend Zach but, in the end, he is better off somewhere else and the Jets are too. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

I agree with Pittsburgh, which is somewhere he actually has a chance to start. He is on the same level as Kenny Pickett and the Steelers fans will run that guy out of town. 

Funny thing is, if there is a tougher place to play in all of the NFL, than New York, it’s Pittsburgh. They were booing Mitch Trubisky out of the stadium last week, to get Mason Rudolph in the game and they were 7-5. 

They'll probably cheer him because he'll play well.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

My guess is Pittsburgh.

He is not a Steeler.

He will try to find his way closer to home.  Las Vegas, Arizona.  Maybe Tennessee because that is where everyone wants to live.  

Maybe MN.  The Jets owns Zach at $11mm cap next year and then the 5th year option.   I don't know how we afford AR8 in 2025 and Zach on the 5th year option.   5YO is projected for Zach at $19.1mm.  

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I hope he stays a jet.

I hope our playing is going to be better from here on our and Rodgers leads us to promise land next year with Zach at his side. Then he takes over and a damn draft pick finally becomes our franchise player

This would 100% be the best outcome. The odds of Zach turning it around tho are very very low,  but hopefully it finally clicked for him 

57 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Carolina, New England, MN, Pittsburgh, TN, Raiders, NY Giants, Washington, Tampa Bay, NY Jets.

My prediction.  He will replace Stafford in LA and be reunited with Lefluer and McVay.  Rodgers will slip and fall during the offseason while tripping on acid and never play a down for the NY Jets.  

Why assume he is being traded. If he plays like he did Sunday there is zero chance he gets traded.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Jdeet said:

I was told on this very board, when we were 4-3, that this doesn’t happen with other fan bases. Only the Jets.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Biggs said:

Titans, he already bought a huge estate in TN. He loves it there

And I agree that Rodgers will never play for the Jets again.

4 hours ago, Biggs said:

He won’t be a starter. My guess is Andy Reid and the Swifties will give the Jets a sixth or seventh to be Mahomes backup

3 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Why assume he is being traded. If he plays like he did Sunday there is zero chance he gets traded.

why? he is not playing next year and he is not getting the 5th year extension. your going to chance him becoming a FA and wanting to back up Rodgers for another year here when there will be teams where he will get a chance to win a starting job.

his mother hates NY, you can see by her Twitter posts about us. he is leaving once his contract is up. 

14 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I hope he stays a jet.

I hope our playing is going to be better from here on our and Rodgers leads us to promise land next year with Zach at his side. Then he takes over and a damn draft pick finally becomes our franchise player

I'm with you on this buddy!!

• Upvote 2