2024 UFA WR

I don't see the top 2 making it to FA but obviously would be happy w/either.

I like Calvin Ridley. He had over 1000 yards in '23 but struggled at times. I think being out of football for a year left some rust and he has potential for a big bounce back season this year.

I'd say grab 1 of plan B group too but I think we're going to have to blow a ton of cap space to get Tyron Smith.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Prioritize:

Tee Higgins 

Michael Pittman Jr

Calvin Ridley 

Plan B:

Kendrick Bourne

Marquise Brown

Tyler Boyd

Resist the temptation:

Mike Evans (on his way down, not up)

Odell Beckham Jr 

Gabe Davis

if I had my choice I'd go with the ? Eat Farts guy. Might put up a stink but by far the best option on the list. 

• Haha 1

Prioritize:

Tee Higgins 

Michael Pittman Jr

Calvin Ridley 

Plan B:

Kendrick Bourne

Marquise Brown

Tyler Boyd

Resist the temptation:

Odell Beckham Jr 

Gabe Davis

Mike Evans made Baker look like a top 10 QB. Of his 10 years in the league, this season was his third most in receptions, yards and yards per target, second most in TDs and TDs per target; and fourth most on targets, TD/rec and TD/target. The only years he was better in those categories was when he was playing with Brady. He also looked absolutely incredible in the playoffs.

The case could be made that it's not wise to sign WRs in year 11 to any sort of long term deal and there's a ton of wear and tear on his body. However, I wouldn't say he's on his way down. He's still attracting CB1s, removing stacked boxes just by being on the field, and going off for 1k yards.

He'd be my first choice. Bring him in and pair him with Garrett Wilson (their games would perfectly compliment each other on the outside btw) and take a shot at winning the whole thing for the next two years. After that, it'll be time to blow everything up anyway so I don't really care about what his contract's going to look like.

Pittman is my #2 choice.

Pass on Tee - too injury prone and he's been playing with good QBs and Jamar Chase opposite of him for too long. Not sure what to make of him on a different team. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Higgins will probably be re-signd by cincy if not he will go to a better spot than the jets.

Pittman I like.

I'm VERY leery of Calvin Ridley.

Boyd I like, I do not like Hollywood brown.

A guy I might list instead of Kenrick Bourne would be Curtis Samuel.

Even if we get one of the top end WRs I want to see us draft two more in the draft.

@JustInFudge what do you think my wonderful co-GM partner in crime?

I cant imagine them going for the top tier dudes...but any of those dudes would be a great though I love me some Tee Higgins.

I wouldnt shy away from Evans simply because we're shooting at a window here w/ Rodgers.  Hollywood Brown and Tyler Boyd could make a lot of sense though.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Mike Evans made Baker look like a top 10 QB. Of his 10 years in the league, this season was his third most in receptions, yards and yards per target, second most in TDs and TDs per target; and fourth most on targets, TD/rec and TD/target. The only years he was better in those categories was when he was playing with Brady. He also looked absolutely incredible in the playoffs.

The case could be made that it's not wise to sign WRs in year 11 to any sort of long term deal and there's a ton of wear and tear on his body. However, I wouldn't say he's on his way down. He's still attracting CB1s, removing stacked boxes just by being on the field, and going off for 1k yards.

He'd be my first choice. Bring him in and pair him with Garrett Wilson (their games would perfectly compliment each other on the outside btw) and take a shot at winning the whole thing for the next two years. After that, it'll be time to blow everything up anyway so I don't really care about what his contract's going to look like.

Pittman is my #2 choice.

Pass on Tee - too injury prone and he's been playing with good QBs and Jamar Chase opposite of him for too long. Not sure what to make of him on a different team. 

He was a 1000 yard receiver before Jamar Chase was drafted.

26 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Pittman is my #2 choice.

Solid analysis. I'm in, but Higgins as a consolation prize would be A-ok as well!

9 minutes ago, rldev said:

He was a 1000 yard receiver before Jamar Chase was drafted.

1) Nope. 
2) My point was that I have no idea about whether or not Tee has gotten comfortable in the role he's been in for the past three years which has mostly been him going up 1 on 1 against CB2s. Here, he'll immediately get preferential treatment from opposing defenses. He's also injury prone. Given all that, I would rather spend big dollars on someone else.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Prioritize:

Tee Higgins 

Michael Pittman Jr

Calvin Ridley 

Plan B:

Kendrick Bourne

Marquise Brown

Tyler Boyd

Resist the temptation:

Odell Beckham Jr 

Gabe Davis

Evans on his way down? He carried baker Mayfield to the playoffs with some of his best numbers in his career. 

Given his age,  I would be cautious on the years we give him but he's still elite.

• Thumb Down 1

Higgins isn't realistic (the Bengals won't let him walk) and wouldn't be worth it even if he were somehow available.

It would take legit WR1 money to land him in FA, and he's not a WR1.

He's also injury prone, and we'd be lucky if he only missed 8 games in '24 on the MaimLife turf.

I'd take Mike Evans but only if they have a cheap "out" to cut him after 1 year.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

i think it's easier to find a WR2 in FA than it is to find LT1, RT1 and/or LG1 in FA 

wide outs in free agency, linemen in the draft 

I was thinking this in response to this...

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

I’m thinking the jets will be looking for a short term, one or two season, type of signing.  They did this with hardman, Cole, Perriman over the past few seasons with mixed results.

I think Douglas aims for short term guys at positions and then tries to fill that in with draft picks.  They burned a couple of 2nd rounders on WR and failed fairly miserably.  I am wondering if that makes them change their tune and go more 1st tier guys.  I also wonder if they will be expecting any kind of bump from Brownlee or Gipson.  They aren't guys to count on, but slap them in an honest competition with some other legit guys and maybe you end up with a couple of true contributors.

• Upvote 1

Tyler Boyd should be the target. The top tier guys really shouldn't even consider this team because most teams will offer similar money as the jets and will likely be better situations. Boyd is in that tier 2/3 of FA WRers this year. I believe he is pretty under rated. Boyd was a 1k WR before he had to start competing with Higgins and chase in the same offense. As the 3rd option he’s still getting 800. While the top guys are getting 20+, we could get boyd on a 2-3 year deal in the 12-15/ per range. Hes the kind of guy this team should go after aggressively at the beginning of FA while all the other teams are going after the tier 1 guys.

57 minutes ago, extmenace said:

The top tier guys really shouldn't even consider this team because most teams will offer similar money as the jets and will likely be better situations.

This is only a bad situation to a certain subset of Jets fans. This is a 7 win team with a top D, top RB, top WR, and a player friendly coach. The only reason the team didn’t perform better is because the QB was too busy being historically bad. Next year, that issue will be resolved with an all time great QB. Almost everyone outside of certain Jets fans see that, including WRs and their agents.

• Upvote 1