Official NFL Draft Rumors and News Thread

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

Close. Jets may prefer to have Indy move up ahead of the Jets to snag Bowers in hopes of increasing their chances of Odunze making it to #10

🤔👀🤔👀🤔👀🤔👀🤔👀🤔

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Youuuu got it.  That being said (and this is relevant to @bla bla bla) Fautanu over Nabers wouldn’t surprise me in the least.  In fact, I’d almost say that it’s likely.

This makes a lot of sense.  Plan A is a top wr and then figure out OT on day 2, but i could easily see them going safety as well.  Plan B is trade back get an extra 3rd rounder (unless jd can figure out how to swap a 3rd for a 2nd), take fautanu or fuaga and then go wr on day 2.  Truth, if they wound up with, say, fautanu and Roman wilson, you’d have to consider that draft a success.  LT and good wr.  OTOH if they wound up with nabers (increasingly i think rome is going ahead of him), then great also. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

The big knock on him is he smacked an opposing fan in the head... and she happened to be a female.

But in his defense, she was probably annoying.  

I mean… 

The Office Reaction GIF

As Bill Burr said when talking about a situation like this… “it’s not like he just woke up in the morning and decided “hey, I haven’t smacked her around in a while…she might have had something to do with it?”

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Youuuu got it.  That being said (and this is relevant to @bla bla bla) Fautanu over Nabers wouldn’t surprise me in the least.  In fact, I’d almost say that it’s likely.

Off field concerns? 

I know JD puts a priority on the OL, but the need at WR plus the value of Nabers at that spot would seem like a no-brainer to me. Fwiw, The Athletic has a mock with the Jets trading up to #5 to take Nabers over Odunze and Marvin Harrison Jr. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/16/2024 at 2:16 PM, slats said:

I wasn’t interested in a slot receiver in the first round last year, and find myself even less interested in a 240lb slot receiver this year. 

DOn't care what either of the pundits claims he's heard. This is the year for Douglas (and Bowers agents') to blow smoke up everyone's azzes including the 2 pundits whom everyone here thinks are gurus because they were right 2 years ago.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slats said:

Off field concerns? 

I know JD puts a priority on the OL, but the need at WR plus the value of Nabers at that spot would seem like a no-brainer to me. Fwiw, The Athletic has a mock with the Jets trading up to #5 to take Nabers over Odunze and Marvin Harrison Jr. 

if the jets had a 2nd a trade up may be more viable.  But considering how much criticism jd has taken about the OL, he has a layup to fix it for a while with a guy like fautanu, and you have a good LT for a while.  If not for these wrs it seems like a no brainer pick

15 minutes ago, slats said:

Off field concerns? 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I love Fautanu and I was the original “just take Fautanu” guy, but if the Jets do this, Nabers better end up being a serial killer because yikes

Probably the most polarizing guy I’ve discussed throughout the entire process.  Some say he’s clean, others compare him to Jerry Jeudy off the field.

I can’t really divulge where which side of the coin that this info comes from, but my personal opinion is that those comparing him to Jeudy are getting fed information from people who want him to drop to them so, really, as far the Jets are concerned, while Fautanu over Nabers wouldn’t shock me, I can see it going either way on draft day if they’re both there.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Probably the most polarizing guy I’ve discussed throughout the entire process.  Some say he’s clean, others compare him to Jerry Jeudy off the field.

I can’t really divulge where which side of the coin that this info comes from, but my personal opinion is that those comparing him to Jeudy are getting fed information from people who want him to drop to them so, really, as far the Jets are concerned, while Fautanu over Nabers wouldn’t shock me, I can see it going either way on draft day if they’re both there.

Is fautanu their preferred tackle after alt, or even before alt?

Here is a good draft question.

Considering that the Jets are going to be in the playoffs this year so long as Rodgers does not miss any significant playing time...

How can they manage to draft QB Carson Beck in the 2025 draft ???

You want a QB of the future ??? He's it.

How much would JD have to give up to move into the top 5 in 2025 ???

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I love Fautanu and I was the original “just take Fautanu” guy, but if the Jets do this, Nabers better end up being a serial killer because yikes

All receivers end up crazy.

Draft them high, then move for picks before you pay them in the fifth year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 4/17/2024 at 9:05 AM, Sammybighead said:

I just think the easiest path to derail the season once again is by not having a high quality backup on the OL for several guy who have a recent and extensive injury history. That's playing with fire. I'd be way more comfortable if we at least had 1 tackle spot locked up long term but since we don't, I just keep coming back to OT as the prudent move. 

One OL draft pick in the first is going to make little difference if our LT is a turnstile like Becton was and we lose our LG, C, RG & RT for most of the season.  Like last season.  
One position goes down it’s not taking Rodgers out of his game or makes a Bowers useless. 

8 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Are the Bears really going to draft a WR at #9?

Fields took 44 sacks last season after taking 55 in ‘22.

They’re not interested in keeping Caleb healthy?

Bears tackles are solid with braxton jones and darnell wright but they may need to upgrade interior oline.

I'll be surprised if hey take a WR at 9 they have TE weapon in kmet, DJ Moore a true #1 wr and now have keenan allan.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

wth does Jerry Jeudy do off the field

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Nabers or Odunze falling to us would be so hype. 

I understand Fautanu but passing on one of those guys would take some balls for sure

This is the guy that turned down a king’s ransom to let someone else take the failure known as Zach Wilson.😁

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It strikes me as crazy that the same GM who tried really hard to trade for and pay Tyreek Hill would now turn his nose up at a potentially high-maintenance receiver with a similar skill set. I get developing an aversion after watching guys like Elijah Moore, Mims, Becton, etc come in with character flags that blew up in their faces, and I’d also accept that they don’t want to bring in a headcase to be around—and compete with— Garrett Wilson, but holy hell. They have one year to get this done. If Nabers can steal you a game or two with a catch and run, that could be the difference between a contract extension and ending up an area scout with the Texans. 

Doing anything for the Texans these days not a bad gig.😁

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Scary thought. Joe can’t do that unless he then pivots for Davante Adams/other elite veteran WR via trade. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

All receivers end up crazy.

Draft them high, then move for picks before you pay them in the fifth year. 

So far, that hasn't happened to GW.  But it might when it comes time to get paid.  

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So far, that hasn't happened to GW.  But it might when it comes time to get paid.  

In my mind, he’s already a 2026 and 2027 first round draft pick trade compensation. 

That’s why we need one of the big 3 now.  You have to stagger these guys. 

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

80% of all WRs are or will be diva assholes after a few years.   If you are looking for a choir boy WR you will miss out.

my hope is that wilson ends up being less of a diva than all the other WR.

he just feels like a guy with a good head.  he plays and speaks with passion.

• Upvote 1