Another Lauren update; prayers are appreciated

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sitting in the hospital writing this, Lauren is having a procedure in the morning. She lost the ability to walk in December and has been in a wheelchair since. No problem, we bought a ranch, I transport her and we bought a car with a hatchback to make taking the wheelchair easy.

She keeps getting infections and has been hospitalized several times this year. Battled through each time, one being 12 days in the ICU.

This past Monday her leg pain was a 10. Took her to the hospital, for excruciating pain and after a few rough days the pain management program is giving relief. Unfortunately, it is opioid relief so she is zonked.

Procedure in the morning on her back to help the leg pain. They are optimistic about it and said they should be able to cut the meds and get her home this week.

She is resilient and tough, so your thoughts and prayers are appreciated! God Bless and thank you.

Thoughts & prayers are with you both Max.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sitting in the hospital writing this, Lauren is having a procedure in the morning. She lost the ability to walk in December and has been in a wheelchair since. No problem, we bought a ranch, I transport her and we bought a car with a hatchback to make taking the wheelchair easy.

She keeps getting infections and has been hospitalized several times this year. Battled through each time, one being 12 days in the ICU.

This past Monday her leg pain was a 10. Took her to the hospital, for excruciating pain and after a few rough days the pain management program is giving relief. Unfortunately, it is opioid relief so she is zonked.

Procedure in the morning on her back to help the leg pain. They are optimistic about it and said they should be able to cut the meds and get her home this week.

She is resilient and tough, so your thoughts and prayers are appreciated! God Bless and thank you.

So sorry to hear that you guys are back at the hospital. Wishing Lauren a speedy recovery. Hang in there.

• Upvote 1

Positive thoughts and prayers for Lauren.  She is a warrior and will persevere with the love and support from her family and community.  When I hear about Lauren's tribulations, I see how strong and brave she is and I am embarrassed at the little things I complain about.  

• Upvote 2

Lauren, yourself, and your entire family, have shown incredible strength, resilience, and positivity throughout this long ordeal.  I have no doubt there will be more of the same.  Best wishes for an uneventful procedure and a speedy recovery.

• Upvote 2

Thinking of you and your family today, Phil.  Hopefully between Lauren's strength and the love and support of you and the rest of the family, she will be able to continue to beat this.

• Upvote 1

Prayers for u guys

sucks having to deal with this

im having a miserable time in croatia for the last 6 weeks the old man is on his way out and going to a nursing home tomorrow 

caregiving is one hell of a roller coaster ride i feel ya man big time. These have been the hardest weeks of my life

• Sympathy 12

4 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Prayers for u guys

im having a miserable time in croatia for the last 6 weeks the old man is on his way out and going to a nursing home tomorrow 

caregiving is one hell of a roller coaster ride i feel ya man big time. These have been the hardest weeks of my life

I know this feeling all too well. It's the worst. Hang in there.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

19 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Prayers for u guys

Sorry Dude, prayers. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Prayers for u guys

I'm sorry to hear that. Prayers your way, HighPitch.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sorry, Maxman!  I hadn't seen this earlier.  I'm so sorry to learn about your wife's health issues.  Will she be in the wheelchair permanently?  If so, I'm sorry to hear that, but as you know one can still have a good life.  My father was in a wheelchair the last 1-2 years of his life.  Prayers lifted for both of you!!!

• Upvote 2

Prayers for u guys

Sorry to learn about your father!  I was a caretaker for my father.  It's definitely a roller coaster ride and tough, especially if/when they have dementia!  Hang in there. Prayers lifted for you and your family.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Prayers for u guys

Best wishes brother. 

• Upvote 3

On 7/14/2024 at 9:27 PM, Maxman said:

I feel so bad with what your wife is going through.  My  prayers to both of you.

• Upvote 1