Rest In Peace Lauren

Phil,

What a beautiful tribute to your dear wife and friend. Words cannot express how sorry we all are for your loss.

We are sending you and your children the deepest most heartfelt prayers. 

You will see Lauren again in the kingdom of our creator.

Until then we are here for you my friend.

James

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

My sincere condolences Phil, it seems just a few weeks ago that she was just finally getting home and doing better. As you say she is not in pain anymore and having to suffer. My families' thoughts and prayers are with you and yours at this most difficult time of loss. God bless you all and keep her in his loving embrace until you meet again.

• Post of the Week 2

16 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

Phil,

That was a moving tribute to Lauren, Having lost 4 family members to this Jets fans are the best and being a cancer patient myself, I know that there are few words that I can offer to ease your pain and sorrow at losing your soulmate.

Still, I offer my deepest condolences to you and your family.

News like this puts our petty little problems in a stark perspective.

Well, I've tried editing this post 6 or 7 times, and I must be doing something wrong because it always reverts to the to the mystery paste .

"jets fans are the best" should be replaced with the words "dreaded illness"

Thank you so much everyone. I got halfway through this thread and I am going to have to come back to it. I will read everything, it is just a lot right now.

A few days in and we are all just taking things one day, sometimes one hour, at a time. Planning the services and all that wasn't easy, but with the help of my kids, we got it all done.

The pictures are the toughest for me. When I see recent photos I am reminded of the cancer and things are easier to digest. When I see photos of us being young, I am reminded that this isn't how we planned on spending our 40s and 50s. And that makes me sad because so much was taken from her, even though she never complained about it.

Our daughter Kelly did an amazing job with the photos. We have easels filled with photos. And she had this poster board made.

With our faith we know Lauren isn't in pain. The thought of finishing this journey without her just sucks so much. But I refuse to let her down so every day I will continue to move forward.

Here is Lauren's obituary, thank you all for the love and support.

https://www.evergreenmemorialfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Lauren-Sullivan?obId=32746142

image.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 27
  • Post of the Week 2

Phil while I know there are no words that can soothe your loss right now, know that your words, and the public fight Lauren and you fought against cancer has been an inspiration for cancer survivors including myself.  The love you two shared was a thing of beauty and I hope you and your family can find solace in that and a life well lived.  God Bless.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 5

Phil. Lost my mother to cancer. I was there when she gave her last breath. I will tell you what my father told me after we lost her. He said "I am glad her pains are over. I am glad she didn't have to go thru what I am going thru".

My sincere condolences. May God give strength and patience to you and your children. We are here for you. Tell us what we can do for you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

:(    Stay strong Max.  Your love for each other will always be truly special and thank you for sharing it with us over the years.  What a remarkable woman.  Her courage and spirit have touched us all here.  Peace be with you and your family. 

• Maxman pinned this topic