SALEH FIRED

1 hour ago, Jet2020 said:

Well last year his ancestors country wasn’t under attack by our tax dollars. Also, Woody doesn’t fire in-season regardless of the record. 

STFU already, you've been asked multiple times. Should we type slower so you can understand? 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

It seems like the talking heads are all on the same page that ownership overreacted and that the “Jets are gonna Jets”

Yet the jets have never done such a mid-season HC firing before.  So that makes no sense at all. 

In reality, this is the most non Jets-like move of all time.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Joe Douglas should have been fired alongside him.

29-59 record, 0 playoffs in 5 seasons so far.

Bad Coach hire #1 (Gase).

Bad Coach hire #2 (Saleh)

Bad O-Co hire #1 (Loggains)

Bad O-Co hire #2 (LaFleur)

Bad O-Co hire #3 (Hackett)

Bad QB decision #1 (trading Darnold, a top 10 QB so far in 2024)

Bad QB decision #2 (drafting Wilson, a huge bust)

Bad QB decision #3 (trading for Rodgers, one lost year, looks like a shell of what he was).

Failed to build an effective O-line over now 6 seasons.

All he's done is build a solid Defense.  Everything else (as of today) remains a failure. 

I’m really starting to think you enjoy the regime changes and chaos.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NYJCAP2 said:

I’m really starting to think you enjoy the regime changes and chaos.

Consistency of failure is not a blessing.

Change out of failure is not a sin.

Consistency is only good if it succeeds.  Otherwise it's just the same old failure but with the same faces instead of trying new things.

This is year 6 of JD's regime.  Not year 1.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

If Douglas really wasn't a part of this decision, then - as we say in Scotland - his jacket is on a shoogley peg.

He has the rest of the season to prove he built a playoff team, or he will be gone too on black Monday.

his jacket is on a shoogley peg.

OMG....  I love this!!!  shoogley peg

Can't wait to use it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Joe Douglas should have been fired alongside him.

29-59 record, 0 playoffs in 5 seasons so far.

Bad Coach retainage #1 (Gase).

Bad Coach hire #2 (Saleh)

Bad O-Co hire #1 (Loggains)

Bad O-Co hire #2 (LaFleur)

Bad O-Co hire #3 (Hackett)

Bad QB decision #1 (trading Darnold, a top 10 QB so far in 2024)

Bad QB decision #2 (drafting Wilson, a huge bust)

Bad QB decision #3 (trading for Rodgers, one lost year, looks like a shell of what he was).

Failed to build an effective O-line over now 6 seasons.

All he's done is build a solid Defense.  Everything else (as of today) remains a failure. 

Just like Toto with Dorothy. 

the-wizard-of-oz-wizard-of-oz.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

If Douglas really wasn't a part of this decision, then - as we say in Scotland - his jacket is on a shoogley peg.

He has the rest of the season to prove he built a playoff team, or he will be gone too on black Monday.

I was told this was a conspiracy 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Garbage work by Woody if true.

Damn. I was all for letting Saleh go, but THAT is some cold ass sh*t right there. Thats how a guy who got caught stealing narcotics from the drug box gets fired at the FD. 

If this is true, its either a really ugly, clumsy move by Woody OR there's something else going on. In a normal situation, you let the guy say bye to his co-workers.  

• Upvote 2

The storylines coming out that Saleh was some kind of defensive savant and delivered on 'his end' are embarrassing. His defenses have been great (is it Saleh or Ulbrich?) and he could not have been more bashed for the last year and a half - a lot of people had him as a bottom 5 head coach. The flakiness of these cornball media outlets never cease to amaze me

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Damn. I was all for letting Saleh go, but THAT is some cold ass sh*t right there. Thats how a guy who got caught stealing narcotics from the drug box gets fired at the FD. 

If this is true, its either a really ugly, clumsy move by Woody OR there's something else going on. In a normal situation, you let the guy say bye to his co-workers.  

It's actually pretty standard in any type of corporate setting.  It's kind of HR 101.  

They didn't want him to formerly address the team (can't blame them for that) He can say good bye to whoever he wants, whenever he wants.

• Upvote 3