2016 NY Jets Schedule: Merged

T0mShane

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

season will be over by week 6 sorry folks we are coming out 0-5 out of the gate

I actually had us at 0-6, but we finished the season with 9 wins. Look at the back end of the schedule and tell me it's not possible ?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, what a bunch of pussies Jets fans are! We already have some fans having us 0-7 out of the gate,lol. This team has talent, and last year we busted up some QBs early. We owe Dalton for that azz whooping he gave us a few years ago in Cincy. Rex ain't beating us 3 in a row. Seattle lost to a few teams on the road last year they should have won. What I never like is 3 division games in a row at the end of the season, that's bullsh*t, but it could also propel them into the playoffs if they finish hot.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I see four wins. The start is a ******* nightmare. Anyone know if Deshaun Watson is any good?

Better sign Fitzpatrick tonight, I don't want to pay my season ticket invoice for a 1-5 start and the Jets have less than three weeks to get my money.

And does anyone care about the season ticket holders in all this?  I'm not naive, but...

Only 3 home games before mid-November?

Back-to-back 8:30 PM home games both on school nights?

3 freezing cold home night games in 4 weeks all at 8:30 PM after Thanksgiving?

How does Woody Johnson accept a schedule like this?  Bad enough it's a competitive nightmare and borderline unfair; it's brutal for the season ticket paying fanbase.

SAR I

That's a tough 1st 7

at first I was pi$$ed that we play Thurs night on road so quickly ... But thinking about it ... Bowles is more likely to have his team in order & ready than Rex will be on a short week out of the gate.

those 1st 2 May almost be must wins with @ KC, Pitt, & Az plus home vs Seattle being the next 4, then home vs Balt.

if somehow we are 4-3 I will do backflips !

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Better sign Fitzpatrick tonight, I don't want to pay my season ticket invoice for a 1-5 start and the Jets have less than three weeks to get my money.

And does anyone care about the season ticket holders in all this?  I'm not naive, but...

How does Woody Johnson accept a schedule like this?  Bad enough it's a competitive nightmare and borderline unfair; it's brutal for the season ticket paying fanbase.

SAR I

What's truly funny is the Patriots September with 3 straight home games. Just in case Brady actually has to serve those 4 games you know.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What's truly funny is the Patriots September with 3 straight home games. Just in case Brady actually has to serve those 4 games you know.

Wow, you're right.  That's just hysterical.  And look at the cupcakes awaiting when he comes back to active duty.

SAR I

Jets will beat the Bengals at home.  Opening day, home game, and Cinci is down to essentially AJ Green and Tyler Eifert on offense after losing their No. 2 and 3 WRs.  (yes, they still have the RBs, but our D can stop the run, and with Revis on AJ, should be able to lock down the pass as well).  There's almost no doubt Cinci drafts a WR in round 1, but they won't have him fully integrated into the offense for week 1.  This game will be tough, but winnable.

Tough but winnable is a good description for the Bills in Buffalo as well.  We could (should) have won both games against them last year.  Got to hope they pull this one off, too.

Then come the losses.  At KC is a terrible place to play, even if we match up well with them (we do).  Got to assume Seattle, Pittsburgh (away) and Arizona (away) are all losses. 

But Baltimore in our building is a very winnable game.  If we can come out of those first 7 weeks at 3-4 (or better), we'll be in a very strong position for the rest of the season.  @ Cleveland, @ Miami and home for the Rams are all games we should win.  6-4 at the bye, needing to pick up 4 of the next 6 games, 2 of which are against NE, is not a great spot.  But it's doable.

Bottom line - we need to sweep Miami and Buffalo to have a shot at the playoffs, but that's not an impossible task.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I need to look at this more but, yes, from an STH perspective, this looks pretty brutal.

Yes, it's a tough schedule, but I'm surprised none of you has mentioned the stretch from weeks 13-15:

Monday 12/5 - Colts 8:30pm

Sunday 12/11 - @ SF 4:05pm

Saturday 12/17 - Dolphins 5:25pm

3 games in 12 days???  In December???  Not to mention the travel to the west coast . . . this is BS!!!

14 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

I need to look at this more but, yes, from an STH perspective, this looks pretty brutal.

I didnt really pay attention until now about that and I am a sth and have been for a long time-it sucks-I take my father to re pay him for all those years as a kid-we both enjoy it -great times even when they suck but right off the bat I know he wont be attending the night games and the brutal cold games when the jets sadly will be long out of it....

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

It hasn't been freezing cold in NJ during the month of December since 1982.  Half kidding.

I had been saying earlier today that I prefer night games in September since the sun and heat can at times be brutal but 1 pm games in November and December are great.  Somehow the reverse happened.  This could be a brutal end of the season for STHs if we are 3-8 going week 12 against the Patriots.  Only positive is that game would get flexed out of Sunday night football but I doubt that even happens either. 

Anyone making any road trips?  I'm strongly looking into Kansas City.  Anyone ever been?  Recommendations?

5 hours ago, jett said:

Bengals: L

Bills: L

Chiefs: tough, I'll go with L

Seahawks: L

Steelers: L

Cardinals: L

Ravens: L

Browns: W

Dolphins: L

Rams: W

Patriots: W

Colts: W

49ers: w

Dolphins: w

Patriots: L

Bills: W

I think we will go 1-1 with every divison opponent, so i just gave us a W when we were home. 

Record: 7-9

Bengals: L

Chiefs: L

Seahawks: L

Ravens: W

Dolphins: W

49ers: w

Dolphins: w

Patriots: W

I think we will go 10-6 just like last year and miss the playoffs again  :o

Opening six games are absolutely brutal. We could easily open 1-5. Things are much more manageable until the last month. We'll really see what Bowles is made of if the Jets are tasked with crawling out of a 1-5 or 2-4 hole. The schedule is soft enough for a couple months to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I was saying before it's not set in stone that those first few games will be as difficult as they currently look - But yeah, it's not looking good.

The road trips are pretty brutal - KC and Pittsburgh are always among the toughest places to go in any season, can't see Arizona falling too much either although you never know. We have to reverse that record against Buffalo in the worst way.

I suspect a few of those teams will drop off - They're not all going to be playoff teams, although the Ravens will probably improve.

If we resign him  then we'll soon see about Fitz's effectiveness against big teams. Can see his starting job coming under pressure if he's struggling and losing, which would actually be an ideal time to have a guy like Paxton Lynch come in and get the better half of the schedule.

I think we'll be better than people think though - Being optimistic:

Bengals: W

Chiefs: L

Seahawks: W

Ravens: W

49ers: L

10-6 again. That's it man.

I guess the good news is that we'll find out pretty early on whether or not we'll be competitive. If not we'll probably capitulate and spend October and onwards talking about who we'll draft. Need to come out of those first 7 games with 3 wins. 

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Many of us sat out during the Kotite 1-15 season and never complained sometimes this happens.

Any day/night  at the game is better than not being there.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

And after 1-5, your resale value in the cold is 0.  Rough year for the PSL crowd.

Not a very nice schedule for us Johnny Foreigners over here in Europe ... after Rams on Nov 13th there's the bye, two night games (1.30AM kick off here), 49ers game then another 1.30 AM kick off). Then Xmas Eve and New Year's Day both at 6pm ... I reckon I'll only see one game in the last 7 weeks. :-( 

9 hours ago, Simijet said:

Yes, it's a tough schedule, but I'm surprised none of you has mentioned the stretch from weeks 13-15:

Monday 12/5 - Colts 8:30pm

Sunday 12/11 - @ SF 4:05pm

Saturday 12/17 - Dolphins 5:25pm

3 games in 12 days???  In December???  Not to mention the travel to the west coast . . . this is BS!!!

Oh, our schedule is absolute sh*t... I don't mind playing good teams, but the timing and logistics side of it is AWFUL. Do owners have a chance to reject this stuff? Why would Woody accept this ... for his team or his customers. 

Archived