NY Jets Forum

Talk about Robert Saleh, Joe Douglas & the NFL in our NY Jets message board.

114,358 topics in this forum

• 10 replies
  1. SOPCAST?

• 11 replies
  2. JETS INACTIVES TODAY

• 3 replies
    • 8 replies
  3. Sparring With A Troll 1 2 3

• 93 replies
  4. jets make roster move

• 14 replies
    • 0 replies
  5. Sunday's Jets News

• 17 replies
  6. Giant vs Eagles

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
  7. Lets go Jets!

• 0 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 28 replies
  8. What FA

• 7 replies
    • 11 replies
  9. Jets\Vikings Game Preview

• 1 reply
    • 3 replies
  10. Patriots Super Bowls

• 22 replies
  11. JetNation Power Rankings

• 26 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 31 replies
  12. Who Dey!? NOBODY!

• 33 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 19 replies
  13. Dante, Joey or Draft Pick?

• 8 replies
    • 28 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 35 replies
    • 26 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 54 replies
    • 28 replies
    • 35 replies
    • Lean hard on Breece. 3rd year as a Pro and runs hard. It appeared he took last season's melt down hard. I think you'll see the best version of Breece this year, especially behind a top 10 OL. Doesn't turn 21 until next January. Already has a perfect frame... just needs to learn what style of play will reap the best results. Too big to be shifty, so lean into your strengths and hit the hole decisevely and bounce off would be tacklers.   Hungry players with a specific skillset often trump gifted players  who, because of their amazing physical gifts, have had things come easy to them. I expect Davis will be a ST player to start and try and get carries if Izzy or Allen don't take care of the ball, or go down easy.
    • A target of over 20+ yards doesn't necessarily incidate to me great route running. Again, as I said, the man was THIRD in the league in Target Separation distance. DESPITE the fact that he's not running deep Bombs, he had around 2.5yds Separation on average when being targeted on these short routes. Does that not indicate excellent short area route running? Because that's how you get great Separation last I checked, especially when not going deep. I don't care about how Rice was used in college, I'm talking about last year foe the chiefs. Didn't you guys watch him? It wasn't all slants and bubble screens, this guy was doing a lot of outs, drags, 10yd type crossing routes, corner routes... the Chiefs got him the ball in space, yes, but he often made himself that space running great routes. Not his fault the chiefs were typically using MVS and Justin Watson for bomb plays, I don't think it's from a lack of ability there. We'll find out if he returns.  Anyway, while his college usage was similar, the other thing I pointed out is that he doesn't make a point of playing physically and running guys over. In that sense, Corley IS like a deebo. Rice and Corley may both be YAC reliant players, but i suspect Corley will mainly get "manufactured" screen, sweep and slant looks whereas Rice does so much more....
    • I agree. Allen looks more like Franco Harris than Jerome Bettis out there. He moves well for a big guy, and he uses it to move out of the way of contact. He also has some fumbling issues. I think he was the first back the Jets took because they love his potential, but I think he might also be something of a (FB?) project. Davis, otoh, looks as if he thrives on contact. I suspect this power back competition is an open one, not one where Allen is handed the job. I won’t be surprised if Davis gets the nod, either. 
  • Available Subscriptions