Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

53 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Interesting because they just published the article today, 1/23/2019.  I'm not saying you're wrong but obviously they didn't care to publish it knowing it was false.....or they just didn't do the research ahead of time.

http://dailysnark.com/potential-new-uniforms-of-the-new-york-jets-leak-online/

Haven't heard of daily snark so can't speak to their reputation on journalism.  But I saw this uni on twitter last week - someone tweeted out the exact same picture but with vikings uniform on it which was said to be original. The person had same hand gesture/posture.  

Idk, just saying

*** EDIT - somebody beat me to it, it wasn't the vikings it was the lions new uni's. my bad. but you get the drift

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

I mean, if you can't trust a news site called the "Daily Snark", who can you trust?

Probably true.  I wasn't familiar with them either.  Although, I'm not hating some of their other NFL content...

http://dailysnark.com/dak-prescotts-new-girlfriend-is-as-hot-as-youd-expect-the-girlfriend-of-the-qb-for-the-dallas-cowboys-to-be/

Dak Prescott’s New Girlfriend Is As Hot As You’d Expect The Girlfriend Of The QB For The Dallas Cowboys To Be

By
 Randy Oliver
 - 
January 23, 2019

1082267564_ScreenShot2019-01-23at9_40_40PM.png.0f4c75fd437c5d82e0d102e0ad542e77.png

33240938_ScreenShot2019-01-23at9_41_16PM.png.df247c6b84442f220cc8b9a034a54b17.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

This is a false narrative taken from the Lions makeover a couple of years back... Same model, just photoshopped.

Is this definitive proof that the concept is a fake?  Could be an early iteration?  Its it possible  that Nike's production process could show a very early concept on a previous model? Or, could the jersey image leak be real and then this helmet+jersey photo combination is fake.... Sure, it could be fake, but disregarding thoughts on the design,  the quality of the render looks impressive.

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Probably true.  I wasn't familiar with them either.  Although, I'm not hating some of their other NFL content...

http://dailysnark.com/dak-prescotts-new-girlfriend-is-as-hot-as-youd-expect-the-girlfriend-of-the-qb-for-the-dallas-cowboys-to-be/

That would've been prime material for that one thread we used to have. ;)

• Upvote 1

DxepJkzWkAAe6Qg.jpg

I just realized that the image on the helmet has 2 effects. On the Right Side & Left Side it resembles an abstract graphic of a Jet Tail:

F-16%20tail.JPG

Yet on the Left Side it's ALSO reminiscent of the 80's Jets logo as a massive J followed by what would be the E :

new-york-jets-logo-clipart-cliparthut-free-clipart-NURRPJ-clipart.jpg

Similar effect to the Sack Exchange Era

AbdulNYJ.jpg

The J and the "spine" of the E forms to make a Jet Tail "fin" (?) which is also the black portion along the thigh of the green pants. 

If they're bunk, it's a VERY valiant effort b/c it does incorporate a lot of aspects that fans have voiced/bickered over in anticipation of what the final result will be. 

30 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

DxepJkzWkAAe6Qg.jpg

I just realized that the image on the helmet has 2 effects. On the Right Side & Left Side it resembles an abstract graphic of a Jet Tail:

F-16%20tail.JPG

Yet on the Left Side it's ALSO reminiscent of the 80's Jets logo as a massive J followed by what would be the E :

new-york-jets-logo-clipart-cliparthut-free-clipart-NURRPJ-clipart.jpg

Similar effect to the Sack Exchange Era

AbdulNYJ.jpg

The J and the "spine" of the E forms to make a Jet Tail "fin" (?) which is also the black portion along the thigh of the green pants. 

If they're bunk, it's a VERY valiant effort b/c it does incorporate a lot of aspects that fans have voiced/bickered over in anticipation of what the final result will be. 

Let's just go with Spatula.

• Thumb Down 1

First off those UNIS can't be real because they're atrocious and an absolute downgrade. Second who is actually in charge of the final decision Christopher Johnson? And who is he getting input from ..Jamal Adams? Wouldn't it be a better idea to put out like 10 possible designs and let the fans vote on it since we're the ones buying the gear and merchandise?

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

First off those UNIS can't be real because they're atrocious and an absolute downgrade. Second who is actually in charge of the final decision Christopher Johnson? And who is he getting input from ..Jamal Adams? Wouldn't it be a better idea to put out like 10 possible designs and let the fans vote on it since we're the ones buying the gear and merchandise?

Lol no.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Basically we'd read one complaint after another no matter who was picking the uniform.  The idea that those in charge shouldn't decide the brand of a multi billion dollar organization that it would be left to a fan vote is kind of funny. 

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

F-U-G-L-Y 

I will stick with the current NY Jets logo and colors. 

The helmet logo looks like a pancake flipper or grill hamburger flipper. 

NO THANKS 

NYT.jpg.3f3fd2465f96f531044ff06bd78f4e00.jpg

This would immediately win the award for the WORST, EVER, SPORTS TEAM LOGO.

No way they "nike" push this low quality BS out as a logo. My 3 yr old could do better. 

As far as the numbers if they were a bit smaller I wouldn't absolutely hate them, but the green color should be more "kelly", and the Helmet with what appears to be a "tail wing" of a plane but boxed off is also pretty bad. I don't believe this.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I guarantee nothing had leaked out concerning the Jets new uniforms. I don’t believe any of these pictures. BTW, some are nice and some not so nice.

I agree. I'm pretty good at photoshop, I could easily make something like this and say it "leaked"

8 minutes ago, Stark said:

NYT.jpg.3f3fd2465f96f531044ff06bd78f4e00.jpg

This would immediately win the award for the WORST, EVER, SPORTS TEAM LOGO.

No way they "nike" push this low quality BS out as a logo. My 3 yr old could do better. 

As far as the numbers if they were a bit smaller I wouldn't absolutely hate them, but the green color should be more "kelly", and the Helmet with what appears to be a "tail wing" of a plane but boxed off is also pretty bad. I don't believe this.

Plus the helmet & the Green tone are way to close to the Eagles. No way these are the new uniforms. 

While many fans did not like the color rush stuff, many more loved the green used in color rush gear. I think the Green leans towards the color rush stuff but with a new logo incorporating 1968 with the 80s. 

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Worst thing they could do is let the fans vote. I would like to see a bit less green though - one item could be white or black. They are crisp, modern and conceptual - can't say that about our current uni's. 

Regarding the comments that these concepts look too much like the Eagles - that's not wholly unsurprising. Jets are mechanized birds with a standout feature being wings. Wings, flight and speed are shared by things that fly. The Jets used to feature a wing on their helmet for 20 years. It's understandable that of all NFL teams, the Jets and Eagles might have some overlap in identity, at least at the conceptual level. The teams  looked even more similar back in the 80's/90's when they shared the same common color, Kelly green.

Who knows if these are total or partial fakes, but I don't think they're bad. They're very different, for sure.

The only thing I don't care much for on those uniforms is the numbering.If that was reformatted and re-tooled a bit, I would be much happier.

I still don't think its real though.  If anything does get leaked, I would think it will be around the first week of March.

• Upvote 1