Jets New Uniforms: MERGED ***Leak Date 4/3/19***

15 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20190130-232226-01-04-01.thumb.jpeg.71bef72a1ee5b049d68515e30a832de0.jpegScreenshot_20190130-232234-01-01-01-01.thumb.jpeg.1564c40331bbd4096eb464781037fc3d.jpeg

Found this concept on Twitter/Instagram and decided to tinker with the original colors, as they were too washed out for what I was thinking the new green would look like.

I'd be a fan of this.  Logo is cool as well.

The grey jet image around the collar is pretty awesome, could be black too if needed. not a fan of the logo but like the collar jet..

yeah who ever did this did good. Black or Green helmet!! oh man hell yeah!!

17 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

If anyone in this thread deserves that trophy, it's YOU, my friend! LOL. 

BTW you feeling any better? Hope you got to the doctor yesterday...

I don't start threads or make posts looking for others approvals or atta boys I voice my opinions within the rules whether anyone likes it or not. 

I don't know why you seem to have an issue with me and I really don't care but you are borderline trolling me 14 in troll. 

Thanks 

15 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I don't start threads or make posts looking for others approvals or atta boys I voice my opinions within the rules whether anyone likes it or not. 

I don't know why you seem to have an issue with me and I really don't care but you are borderline trolling me 14 in troll. 

Thanks 

Uh, I asked if you were feeling any better, and went to see the doctor? That's trolling? 

You're welcome.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Also, I am very happy that I am the author of a 75 page thread, lmfao.  Feels like something special.

Just wait until the uni's are released! If the Mods merge any threads with this one we're talking 150 minimum. Can we buy stock in threads?

5 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Man if there was some heather or gunmetal grey etching around the letters, and on the outer edge of that logo, I would buy anything and everything.

Someone did a fantastic job on this

Not sure if it was intentional or not, but the N and the Y a the center of the logo shares a resemblance to the WTC.  Nice subtle nod IMO.

Thought the same thing, it kind of gives off a WTC/Empire State Building vibe. I'm not in LOVE with it but with some tweaking could be very cool. Definitely one of the better "fan-made" mock ups out there. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

If anyone in this thread deserves that trophy, it's YOU, my friend! LOL. 

BTW how you feeling after the initial post. 

Take that trophy and stick it where the sun doesn't shine you here for that not me. 

Hey look at me 14 in green ridiculing and arguing with others all the time. 

GOODBYE 

You've chosen to ignore content by 14 in Green.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20190130-232226-01-04-01.thumb.jpeg.71bef72a1ee5b049d68515e30a832de0.jpegScreenshot_20190130-232234-01-01-01-01.thumb.jpeg.1564c40331bbd4096eb464781037fc3d.jpeg

Found this concept on Twitter/Instagram and decided to tinker with the original colors, as they were too washed out for what I was thinking the new green would look like.

These are the best I've seen yet.  I would love for them to use that logo.    

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

These are the best I've seen yet.  I would love for them to use that logo.    

I agree - best yet by far - the logo is an N and flipped is a Y. Also, I see a 3D sky scraper  in the middle - whole thing together is like a skyline, and a Jet to boot.  Very nice- it’s just the helmet is a cop out as it’s not original at all - at least try to implement the logo or logo elements in it.

23 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I'd be pretty happy about this - the upper right logo not a total fan but the uniform works with the classic 80's~90's logo. 2 months to gooooo.. :)

37969430_418916065296812_2507355715031531520_n.thumb.jpg.e271bef5e89d8ecc581b0aa0b86e8085.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

BTW how you feeling after the initial post. 

Take that trophy and stick it where the sun doesn't shine you here for that not me. 

Hey look at me 14 in green ridiculing and arguing with others all the time. 

GOODBYE 

You've chosen to ignore content by 14 in Green.

Ok, Bye. Same time tomorrow?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The NY Jets haven't won or accomplished much of anything for 50 years so this organization chooses a uniform change like that's gonna fix our problems. 

It's not the piss poor drafting and failure to spend money and sign key free agents instead of announcing scouting team upgrades or new strength and conditioning plans we change uniforms. 

For the record the current NY Jets uniforms are one of the best in the NFL. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

On 1/30/2019 at 7:42 AM, joewilly12 said:

Thank you for the very informative post......I know as much as I did when this entire thing started how about you. Colors? Designs? Logos?  

In your own mind. 

More than likely a previously banned poster. 

Nobody owns me PK or do you prefer Paper Boy. 

Im here for football board discussion we all have opinions and we all construe things the way we want them to be. 

1) The video is clear proof that the uniforms are not being designed by fans. This was an argument that you refused to give up on. Despite the fact that your argument was based on hearsay and a misunderstanding of the articles you cited, when you were told what you were presenting to the forum was not factual you refused to accept it. That video was undeniable proof directly from the team that the uniforms have been part of a 4 year collaborative design process between the NYJ and Nike.

2) Yes, that was my first post. No, I have not been previously banned. I decided to migrate here from ganggreennation.

3) J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jeff "The Pick" Evans said:

1) The video is clear proof that the uniforms are not being designed by fans. This was an argument that you refused to give up on. Despite the fact that your argument was based on hearsay and a misunderstanding of the articles you cited, when you were told what you were presenting to the forum was not factual you refused to accept it. That video was undeniable proof directly from the team that the uniforms have been part of a 4 year collaborative design process between the NYJ and Nike.

2) Yes, that was my first post. No, I have not been previously banned. I decided to migrate here from ganggreennation.

3) J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Understood and you are correct uniforms not designed by fans and far worse if the NY Jets organization namely the Johnson brothers who cant build a winning team are designing uniforms now or approving whatever crap Nike dreams up. 

I like what I like regardless what changes are made to the uniform.

Welcome aboard wish you the best here. 

We are the most resilient football fans in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets haven't won or accomplished much of anything for 50 years so this organization chooses a uniform change like that's gonna fix our problems. 

It's not the piss poor drafting and failure to spend money and sign key free agents instead of announcing scouting team upgrades or new strength and conditioning plans we change uniforms. 

For the record the current NY Jets uniforms are one of the best in the NFL. 

Had no idea you thought this way.  LOL

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Never want to see those 80s/90s fail-uniforms again. Nostalgia is a strange thing.

Yes, for both the 80's/90's folk, as well as those attached to the 60's/70's.  I have liked all of the jets uniforms up to this point, but I definitely see the need for a change.  And a change it will be.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Seems to me the only people who like these uniforms are people too young to remember how badly the Jets sucked when they wore them. I have no desire for them to go back to this. 

jets made the playoffs in 1981 and 1982, as well as 1985 and 1986.  I would take a modified version of these unis.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Last thing in the world I need is for Sam to look like Richard Todd or Neil O'Donnell in any way, shape, or form. 

As opposed to looking like Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith and Christian Hackenberg this season?

Namath was 50 years ago. 

The current uniforms are far more the uniforms of the losers of the last decade+ than they are the uniforms of our one shining moment of glory literally a half century ago.  

Maybe a full and total refresh isn't such a bad idea.  There are more bad miles than good on the "classic" uniform, and half our fanbase loathe the 80's style uniforms.  Maybe something completely new isn't such a bad idea after all.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Seems to me the only people who like these uniforms are people too young to remember how badly the Jets sucked when they wore them. I have no desire for them to go back to this. 

I'm more than old enough to remember them (at least the 80's and 90's use of them) and I have a deep and unrelenting love for them.

Seems the only people who love the classic uniform as 1,000 year old geezers who's till think those uniforms represent 1969, and not the recent (and equally long) eras of failure.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Understood and you are correct uniforms not designed by fans and far worse if the NY Jets organization namely the Johnson brothers who cant build a winning team are designing uniforms now or approving whatever crap Nike dreams up. 

I like what I like regardless what changes are made to the uniform.

Welcome aboard wish you the best here. 

We are the most resilient football fans in the NFL. 

No we are not. Overall we are a conclave of whiny b!tches.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As opposed to looking like Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith and Christian Hackenberg this season?

You've seen Hackenberg in uniform? 

Namath was 50 years ago. 

Really? 

The current uniforms are far more the uniforms of the losers of the last decade+ than they are the uniforms of our one shining moment of glory.

In the last decade, the Jets made it as far as the AFC Championship twice, just as they did in the first year they wore them. That 80s logo is the emblem of the Kotite Jets: the worst season and back-to-back seasons in franchise history. They once went 10 straight years without a winning season in those outfits. The first three years in those uniforms extended an 11-year non-winning season streak. Good riddance! 

Maybe a full and total refresh isn't such a bad idea.  There are more bad miles than good on the "classic" uniform, and half our fanbase loathe the 80's style uniforms.  Maybe something completely new isn't such a bad idea after all.

I don't love them changing from the current unis, but I'm capable of accepting change. I just hope they don't suck outright and, even if they do, I hope the Jets win enough that I don't care. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Not all of us.  I became a Jets fan during the Bruce Coslet era (no accounting for taste). So I do admit that it's partial nostalgia, but I always liked the full green helmets, that particular shade of green and the jet outline on the wordmark. I had hope they'd make the playoffs in those uniforms, especially in 1993 vs the Oilers and then in Parcells' first season in 1997 against the Lions. But, of course, Parcells changed the uniforms in 1998 when they started a run of more success.