Benigno rips Johnsons "Horrific...Disaster."

DonCorleone

5 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

What did McCarty do w/o Favre and Rodgers. 

You only get to coach the the folks you get. How much did Walsh win w/o Montana or Young?

The key is McCarthy did what he could with what he had and both of those guys, Farve and Rogers are in many many ways head cases.  

IMO it is not easy to win no matter who you have

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, bitonti said:

yeah but again, it was Jay Cutler 

there are other QBs out there. what sort of human being says this Cutler guy who all of his teammates loathe and couldn't give a rats ass about anyone else, this is my kind of guy 

Cutler thought that he was much much better than he truly was. I can't think of a single teammate that had a good word for him when he left Denver. Had he been a slight bit more down to earth, he may have become a better QB. I think he truly did stand in his own way. 

17 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He’s not wrong about this one. Everyone is too focused on Darnold’s “development.” Darnold is going to sink or swim on his own here. 

The Jets has a coach available who we know is capable of running an entire operation successfully for the most part. I didn’t think this was the time to get cute. A CEO person with full control was a bigger need than a mentor for Darnold, IMO.

You realize that the term CEO head coach is an insult right? You literally go out without a competitive edge when you decide to have a CEO head coach. None of the playoff coaches other than Jason Garrett are “CEO” head coaches. 

17 hours ago, Jetster said:

Stephen A Smith

reverse racism 

cant stand that guy! Believes talking loud proves he’s smart

True story , I was in L.A. 2 years ago at a business conference, same week Magic Johnson got the Lakers job so there was a lot of media around .Myself and 2 colleagues are in an elevator it stops and in walks Stephan A. We’re 3 middle aged guys well dressed its 8 in the morning...by no stretch of the imagination are we out of line or annoying or whatever. I politely say , hey Stephan A, we’re from New York just wanted to say we love your work etc etc...he stares straight  ahead at the elevator door, ignores us. My friend asks him what he thinks about the knicks...stares straight ahead ignores us ...elevator opens he walks out , never looks at us or says a word ...F that guy ...again true story if I wasn’t actually there I wouldn’t believe it . 

17 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Most importantly, where is Ira From Staten Island on the Gase hiring?  Good Lord.

What about the WFAN schmoozer? What’s his take on Gase? At least he doesn’t throw tantrums, knows how to play devils advocate and still has the ability to stay optimistic about the situation.  

21 hours ago, DonCorleone said:

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/01/after-jets-hire-adam-gase-wfans-joe-benigno-rips-christopher-johnson-for-being-horrific-owner.html

Joe Benigno probably won’t be getting a Christmas card from Christopher Johnson.

Benigno — a longtime Jets fan who hosts WFAN’s midday show with Evan Roberts (also a Jets fan) — slammed the Jets' acting owner Thursday for hiring Adam Gase as head coach.

The Dolphins just fired Gase after three seasons. Benigno and Roberts hoped the Jets would hire just-fired Packers coach Mike McCarthy. But they got Gase instead. And they’re not happy about it.

“They’re an inept organization," Benigno said. “Let’s be honest about it. There’s no other way to say it: The ownership of this team is a disaster. They’re a disaster. It’s the same old, same old, same old.

“What this team needs is a new owner, because the owners are horrific. They had a terrible owner for years with Leon Hess. They have terrible ownership now with the Johnson brothers. And that’s the problem with this franchise. They listen to the wrong people. That’s the problem with this franchise — the owners. They’re a joke.”

Benigno said he hopes Gase eventually proves him wrong.

“But the history of this franchise tells me that Adam Gase is going to be here three, maybe four years, maybe even less than that, and he’s going to be gone,” Benigno said. "And [general manager] Mike Maccagnan is going to go right out the door with him if that’s the case. This team next year, there is no gray area. This has to be a nine-, 10-[win] — some kind of deal like that — team next year.

What Adam Gase must fix about Jets

“I want to come on here one day and say, ‘Boy, was I wrong about Adam Gase.’ But what tells me that I will? History tells you they got it wrong. That’s the bottom line. Why would I not think we would be right here in the same position, looking for a new coach? Except this time they’ll also be looking for a new general manager.”

Christopher Johnson is currently the Jets' acting owner because Woody Johnson is serving as the United States' ambassador to the United Kingdom. Christopher hired Gase while consulting with Maccagnan, who was hired jointly in 2015 along with coach Todd Bowles.

yawn.  Does Benigno ever say anything new?  He is an absolute imbecile on the air.  His rants are old, stale, insipid and unfunny.  The Connecticut School of Broadcasting should rescind his diploma.

2 hours ago, BigO said:

What about the WFAN schmoozer? What’s his take on Gase? At least he doesn’t throw tantrums, knows how to play devils advocate and still has the ability to stay optimistic about the situation.  

Steve Somers still thinks Pete Carroll is the Jets coach

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

yawn.  Does Benigno ever say anything new?  He is an absolute imbecile on the air.  His rants are old, stale, insipid and unfunny.  The Connecticut School of Broadcasting should rescind his diploma.

Don't sell him short....he's an imbecile everywhere.

6 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

I just caught the end of Joe and Evan ripping into Manish. I dont usually listen to them much but judging by the last two minutes of it, I really wish I caught the whole thing. Blantently told him he gets all his BS reporting from the Jets PR

Manish knows who his real overlords are

6 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

This guy gets paid to stir the pot and bring in listeners. Of course he's going to say things like this. It's his duty to always piss and moan about things. 

Yup 

They also understand this neurotic pessimistic fan base 

If he says it's a decent hire, let's give him a chance, nobody is talking about it 

7 hours ago, Jolot said:

True story , I was in L.A. 2 years ago at a business conference, same week Magic Johnson got the Lakers job so there was a lot of media around .Myself and 2 colleagues are in an elevator it stops and in walks Stephan A. We’re 3 middle aged guys well dressed its 8 in the morning...by no stretch of the imagination are we out of line or annoying or whatever. I politely say , hey Stephan A, we’re from New York just wanted to say we love your work etc etc...he stares straight  ahead at the elevator door, ignores us. My friend asks him what he thinks about the knicks...stares straight ahead ignores us ...elevator opens he walks out , never looks at us or says a word ...F that guy ...again true story if I wasn’t actually there I wouldn’t believe it . 

Doesn't surprise me, guy is annoying as hell, and he states everything like he's so right you could carve it in stone but he's always wrong & never revisits the BS he spews.

DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE.

One thing is true about sports: no one knows anything. Anything could happen.

A good historical example of no one knowing anything, recently mentioned somewhere, I forget:

When Doug Pedersen was hired, Eagles fans were mostly like WTF??? At the same time, many NFL experts said "Nice job" to Cleveland for hiring Hue Jackson.

He's a good offensive mind. He gels with Sam, we're in good shape, that's it. Everyone ******* relax.

If he's as big a douch as everyone here thinks he is, I hope he's gone after a year with McCagg.

DC

Who cares?  I could have predicted this no matter who we hired.

As I said, Beningo was on over nights when the Jets hired Belichick to be the HC before and after Parcells was done and he trashed the Jets, trashed Hess, trashed Guttman and started his old, tired "Oh the pain" schtick 

So F him and all the insight he provides

28 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I kind of respect Manish here.  He comes with at least some points on why he critized McCarthy but Benigno and Evans just yell over him when he’s trying to make it.  

This isnt the first time Manish has gone on their show and made them look stupid.  And we are talking Manish who did this.  The two whiny shlts sound so stupid here.

They actually accused GB of putting out all the rumors about McCarthy etc to make him look bad and then laughed when Manish asked if Miami did he same with Gase?  LOL  

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

I kind of respect Manish here.  He comes with at least some points on why he critized McCarthy but Benigno and Evans just yell over him when he’s trying to make it.  

Strange world when Mehta starts sounding reasonable

1 hour ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Whiner and self promoter just like so many other blowhards in the media. 

Beningo at least has a right to whine.  He’s pushing 70 and is a lifelong jet, Met and Knicks fan that is rough 

Evan Roberts whining like a schoolgirl about Gase while the only pro team he actually cares about is the Mets is really annoying.  What’s worse is Evan thinks he’s clever now

On 1/10/2019 at 3:07 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I have been following Joe B since he did overnights. I'm a rare Joe Beningo fan, and I care about his opinion, most of the time. My opinion is that he is going to be pleasantly surprised with Gase. If he goes into Gillette Stadium and beats B & B, he'll start to warm up. 

I spent many all nighters in high school and college in the 90’s and early 2000’s with Beningo trying to do homework while listening to him.  I was listening to him in the days after 9/11.  Joe is the only real hardcore true fan on wfan 

I respect his opinion especially about the Jets I just don’t see Gase as Kotite 2.0 like he does

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

This isnt the first time Manish has gone on their show and made them look stupid.  And we are talking Manish who did this.  The two whiny shlts sound so stupid here.

They actually accused GB of putting out all the rumors about McCarthy etc to make him look bad and then laughed when Manish asked if Miami did he same with Gase?  LOL  

Mehta looked like a raving tool last January defending Bowles.  That said this time Joe and Evan look bad for destroying Gase when he hasn’t even started his job

On 1/11/2019 at 2:37 AM, ASH1962 said:

boy I never realized what a bunch of whining dooshes most Jet fans are...

Let the guy get in the god damned building at least before we automatically declare it a disaster

Good lord

The same fanbase that was over the moon at the Toilet Bowles hire think they are qualified to declare Gase a disaster. Whatever the herd thinks, the opposite is probably true. Huge optimism for Gase.

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

The same fanbase that was over the moon at the Toilet Bowles hire think they are qualified to declare Gase a success. Whatever the herd thinks, the opposite is probably true. Huge optimism for Gase.

Exactly. The herd wanted McCarthy, therefore by your logic Gase was the right choice. Thanks for proving Mac right.

Archived