The NFLs Rigged Stupid Bowl has lowest rating in 10 years

Blackout

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good.

The fact that Pats won was bad enough, the game itself was just a mess.  It had everything from awful officiating because they were afraid to throw flags, to a bad half-time show and sloppy play.

The league got what it deserved.

An absolute travesty of a Super Bowl. Wrong team (Saints + Brees + Payton), much better offensive challenge, got snuffed out by a horrific no call. 

Two calls that were made that benefitted the Patriots were completely bogus, helmet to helmet & after consecutive yardage losses that would have brought up a 3rd & 15 for the Pats, completely flipped field position on the Rams, the 2nd a complete phantom offensive holding penalty after run resulting in a 1st down & putting the Rams in Patriots territory in a 3-3 tie.

I don't know how much more I can take of the NFL, since Goodell has been there making 35 million per the year gets worse & worse, officials are worse, rules keep multiplying & bad calls (actually 1 sided calls) are ruining the game. They completely change up in the playoffs & try to keep the flag in their pocket & every game has some head scratcher calls like the ones pointed out above. On both Romo kept his mouth shut because you knows he's been warned not to criticize while Nantz licks Tom Brady & Krafts balls seeing something NONE OF US SEE? 

37 minutes ago, Blackout said:

https://deadline.com/2019/02/super-bowl-ratings-patriots-rams-marron-5-worlds-best-cbs-1202548893/

Lowest since Steelers Cardinals 

Chiefs vs Saints/Rams would have been extremely entertaining.  Oh well, thanks Goodell.

That sucks because that Steelers/Cards SB was one of the more exciting SB's for sure. That was a really good game. 

I think the ratings are low because folks are tired of seeing whatever team representing the NFC vs the Patriots. 

26 minutes ago, The Troll said:

Jesus, it's not rigged. 

Also it had the lowest rating since arguably the greatest Super Bowl of all time. Last night's game was utter sh*t, but that CardPitt game was something else.

The Patriot Bowl was not rigged but was a total and complete bore fest and makes me happy the football season is over so we do not have to hear about the Patriots anymore until next January.

30 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

...makes me happy the football season is over so we do not have to hear about the Patriots anymore until next January.

Unfortunately, it won’t take until January before we hear about the Pats again.

Just wait until the draft in April, and listen to the commentators gush over every selection they make.

1 hour ago, Blackout said:

https://deadline.com/2019/02/super-bowl-ratings-patriots-rams-marron-5-worlds-best-cbs-1202548893/

Chiefs vs Saints/Rams would have been extremely entertaining.  Oh well, thanks Goodell.

You mean Patriots vs Saints? Saints got robbed. How did the Chiefs get robbed? The dumbass lined up offsides

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

An absolute travesty of a Super Bowl. Wrong team (Saints + Brees + Payton), much better offensive challenge, got snuffed out by a horrific no call. 

Two calls that were made that benefitted the Patriots were completely bogus, helmet to helmet & after consecutive yardage losses that would have brought up a 3rd & 15 for the Pats, completely flipped field position on the Rams, the 2nd a complete phantom offensive holding penalty after run resulting in a 1st down & putting the Rams in Patriots territory in a 3-3 tie.

I don't know how much more I can take of the NFL, since Goodell has been there making 35 million per the year gets worse & worse, officials are worse, rules keep multiplying & bad calls (actually 1 sided calls) are ruining the game. They completely change up in the playoffs & try to keep the flag in their pocket & every game has some head scratcher calls like the ones pointed out above. On both Romo kept his mouth shut because you knows he's been warned not to criticize while Nantz licks Tom Brady & Krafts balls seeing something NONE OF US SEE? 

yep, there were a couple of bad calls but i don't think the rams had much of a chance.  the outcome wasn't rigged, imo.  the fact that the saints wasn't there is the problem.

at the end of the day we'll probably see mcavay go the way of quinn and rivera.  he'll suffer through a couple of 8-8 season before getting launched.  and if the rams do better it'll be because wade philips continues to be the defensive coach.

1 hour ago, Blackout said:

Good post BO. I hate Goodell more and more each year especially after the fiasco at the end of the Rams/Saints game. Says NOTHING for over a week then says he "talked to the Saints fans and players'. When the Saints player say BS you never talked to any of us he denies saying it. Say's it was taken out of context. Man's an a$$clown.

16 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

You mean Patriots vs Saints? Saints got robbed. How did the Chiefs get robbed? The dumbass lined up offsides

Exactly ! Dee Ford cost them the game, not the refs. No one to blame but themselves. The Saints on the other hand .......

17 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Good post BO. I hate Goodell more and more each year especially after the fiasco at the end of the Rams/Saints game. Says NOTHING for over a week then says he "talked to the Saints fans and players'. When the Saints player say BS you never talked to any of us he denies saying it. Say's it was taken out of context. Man's an a$$clown.

Yes he is, and an extremely overpaid one at that.?

3 hours ago, The Troll said:

Jesus, it's not rigged.

It isn't but it is. The league completely changed the game because of and essentially for the Patriots years ago, so this is what we get now. And because of it, way less people give a sh*t. This is going to be a dying game eventually. Not soon, but eventually.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

It isn't but it is. The league completely changed the game because of and essentially for the Patriots years ago, so this is what we get now. And because of it, way less people give a sh*t. This is going to be a dying game eventually. Not soon, but eventually.

Actually one of the bigger early changes favoring the pass was for Manning and explicitly against the Pats. The so called Ty Law rule was 100% in response to how Law and the Pats DB's manhandled the Colts WRs in the 2003/4 AFCC. 

I had this discussion with my daughter who wanted to know if it was "really fixed" like everyone in the house was saying after the Saints-Rams.  I told her what I firmly believe, which is that it is not truly rigged, but the officials both intentionally and subconsciously favor the losing team.  The league's stated goal is parity and by keeping things close, they keep them "exciting."  The Saints-Rams seems fixed, but it went to OT.  In the future, people will point to both championship games going to OT as if that indicates excitement or that they were good games. 

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Exactly ! Dee Ford cost them the game, not the refs. No one to blame but themselves. The Saints on the other hand .......

Even on the Dee Ford play, the Pats were in the flying V - illegal offensive formation , but that's a staple of their blocking scheme which never gets called.

2 hours ago, CTM said:

Actually one of the bigger early changes favoring the pass was for Manning and explicitly against the Pats. The so called Ty Law rule was 100% in response to how Law and the Pats DB's manhandled the Colts WRs in the 2003/4 AFCC. 

And yet Gilmore did it all game long including an armbar on the pass before the INT....

Archived