The NFLs Rigged Stupid Bowl has lowest rating in 10 years

Blackout

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Not true. KC gave them every thing they could handle and were VERY close to winning that game. 

Until it came time for a phantom roughing the passer for a shoulder tap

Cant beat the Pats AND refs

5 hours ago, section314 said:

Yes he is, and an extremely overpaid one at that.?

His salary is based solely on Television Contracts, Licensing and the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Players Association.  Nothing more.  The owners couldn't give a rat's ass about the rest of it  Not at this point anyway.  And it shows.

6 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean it had a low rating because 

1) The Rams literally do not have a fan base

and

2) The game was atrocious.

Nothing else, really...

A team’s fan base accounts for only a minuscule fraction of the worldwide viewership 

The reason for this pathetic ratings performance can mostly be linked to the following two factors:

1) Most fans are tired of the patsies getting every questionable call. Most hate the patsies and seeing them in yet another SB bored everyone to the point that they'd rather not watch.

2) Un- american a$$holes (and Goodell is one of them) getting their way. Kaepernick should have been fired for insubordination when he refused to stand for the anthem. All these conservative owners should have nipped this problem in the bud by firing Goodell long ago. This entire issue starts/ends with Goodell.

You mean Patriots vs Saints? Saints got robbed. How did the Chiefs get robbed? The dumbass lined up offsides

Pats 1st TD drive in 4th quarter vs KC was aided by a phantom roughing the passer call on Brady. Replay showed that the DL’s hand waved in front of Brady’s face and there was no contact. If that call isn’t made they face 3rd and 7 on their own 28 with 6:00 left. Instead they get 1st and 10 at their 43 and 8 plays later they are up 3 with 3:30 to play. Huge call that went in the Pats favor and replay showed never happened. Typical!

7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

The reason for this pathetic ratings performance can mostly be linked to the following two factors:

1) Most fans are tired of the patsies getting every questionable call. Most hate the patsies and seeing them in yet another SB bored everyone to the point that they'd rather not watch.

2) Un- american a$$holes (and Goodell is one of them) getting their way. Kaepernick should have been fired for insubordination when he refused to stand for the anthem. All these conservative owners should have nipped this problem in the bud by firing Goodell long ago. This entire issue starts/ends with Goodell.

1) agree

2) disagree.  If this was true regular season ratings wouldn’t be up 10%

29 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

His salary is based solely on Television Contracts, Licensing and the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Players Association.  Nothing more.  The owners couldn't give a rat's ass about the rest of it  Not at this point anyway.  And it shows.

Goodell is an errand boy for the owners who takes the focus off them because he’s so inept and such an easy target

Goodell gets paid to be a distraction from the owners who actually run the league and he gets paid extremely well for it

It is my sincere hope that Brady’s wife will force him to retire now,before he receives a serious injury. If this would occur you can be sure old cheating Bill would follow, as to not be exposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Losmeister said:

And yet Gilmore did it all game long including an armbar on the pass before the INT....

Ding! We have a winner!  Question who is willing to bet that if Tom Brady had his bell rung with one foot out of bounds, like Goff did,  the official would have broken his arm throwing a flag for unnecessary roughness or roughing the passer?  The officials should be ashamed of themselves.

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It isn't but it is. The league completely changed the game because of and essentially for the Patriots years ago, so this is what we get now. And because of it, way less people give a sh*t. This is going to be a dying game eventually. Not soon, but eventually.

So changing the rules so the Pats defenders couldn't mug the Colt WRs was helping the Pats? 

And really another football will die off post?  Football keeps getting more and more popular every year.  The league isnt  close to dying on any level and the Pats run will end soon enough if anyone actually believes theyre killing the league.  

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Goodell is an errand boy for the owners who takes the focus off them because he’s so inept and such an easy target

Goodell gets paid to be a distraction from the owners who actually run the league and he gets paid extremely well for it

I always am amazed when someone actually says the owners run the league.  As if thats shocking for some reason.  Like anyone should believe that a commissioner, paid by the owners runs the league totally on his own

Until it came time for a phantom roughing the passer for a shoulder tap

Cant beat the Pats AND refs
Funny that it doesn't get mentioned how the penalties against the Patsies in the fourth quarter led to 14 KC points AND negated a turnover by the Chiefs deep in their own territory.

But yeah, Patsies get ALL the calls ...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Only one dude at my job was talking about the super bowl today and it was the “huge pats fan” who was unaware that Julian “Ay-dahl-mung” was a Caucasian. 

Same here. The only guy at work who mentioned the game was the guy in his mid-50s who usually goes around telling everyone all of the inner details of his recent divorce, and then asks people (including the recent college grads) if they know any single people.

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

Funny that it doesn't get mentioned how the penalties against the Patsies in the fourth quarter led to 14 KC points AND negated a turnover by the Chiefs deep in their own territory.

But yeah, Patsies get ALL the calls ... emoji42.png

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

James...your defending of the Cheatriots tells me you are in the wrong forum. Please go to the I'M A PATRIOT TROLL forum.

3 hours ago, ECURB said:

Holy sh*t you guys are a bunch of babies.

It was down 5% but it was the first year it could be streamed on a few sites and those #s aren't in. It will wind up being a wash.

Sorry to ruin your whining party.

Perhaps.  But the Super Bowl is supposed to be all about drawing in the casual fan or non-fans.  It failed in this regard, since the typical way for "new" fans to watch the game is in a social setting. 

If you're streaming the game online you're probably already an NFL fan, no?

All I know is I used to brag about having watched every Super Bowl and even going back to the year before there even WAS an AFL Vs NFL Championship game; The Ice Bowl, the great game between Dallas and Green Bay on frozen Lambeau Field. I can see it in my mind's eye like it was yesterday. I was sitting in my living room with my father on New Year's Eve Day because it was too cold to play outside-even in New Jersey and Bart Starr going over Jerry Kramer for the game-winning TD.

These forever tainted Patriot teams have turned it into nothing more than The WWF's Sunday Night Raw. Now I pride myself by saying that I didn't even watch one play nor did I even switch over to check the score-not even once.

I'll try again next year and hopefully if I'm still here then who knows maybe it'll be the Jets in there again. Hope springs eternal. 

The Ice Bowl.jpg

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So changing the rules so the Pats defenders couldn't mug the Colt WRs was helping the Pats? 

And really another football will die off post?  Football keeps getting more and more popular every year.  The league isnt  close to dying on any level and the Pats run will end soon enough if anyone actually believes theyre killing the league.  

If you don't think the interest in NFL football is waning - your delusional. Back when we were teenagers most kids were big time football fans. Today there are many many more teens who have no interest in sports beyond what Lebron or OBJ does.  Plus add in all the rules which are making the game just a few steps from two hand touch and the NFL will be losing lots of the diehard fans. When our generation dies off so too will the NFL's stranglehold on the the viewing public. 

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

If you don't think the interest in NFL football is waning - your delusional. 

the NFL tv ratings in general are up - which is rare in a world where every tv rating is either flat or down 

diehards come and go. a sucker is born every minute and that sucker is going to need a Tom Brady onesie 

28 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I described it up above. Its where their guards and tackles are slightly offset from the line giving  the appearance of an upside down V .

They don't line up illegally on every down.  Just as the didnt on that play.  No different than the way every other team lines up

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

they don't line up illegally on every down.

No but it happens many times within a game and its rarely ever flagged. It gives their linemen an advantage against speed edge rushers.  They are not the only team who does it , I've noticed the Giants and Colts also doing it more than most teams , but the Pats do it by far the most.

Archived