Teams Sniffing For #3 Already

KRL

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

It will be a great problem to have if we're trying to decide between a boat load of draft picks and Nick Bosa.

I guess so. For me it would depend on how much we would drop in the draft. A few spots (no more than  4) I take the picks. If not Bosa. Tough call like you said.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Eric Allen says Jets are getting feelers about the #3 spot.  Just a reminder that Eric Allen is employed by the team that wants to trade out of the #3 spot.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No he was quoting Maccagnan saying that

Okay, then I'll update my statement...

Mike Maccagnan says Jets are getting feelers about the #3 spot.  Just a reminder that Mike Maccagnan is the guy that really wants to trade out of the #3 spot.  :D

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Macc is definitely gonna turn down a good offer to pick one of these dlineman. Just know it. 

“We had a couple really good offers but with the way the board fell, we we’re excited to add a player like Q. Williams”

Orlando pace or farrior and ward? 

At this point Id be surprised if the Jets dont trade down. Even if its below market rate the Jets really need to recoup some picks.

2015-2nd round and 3rd round bust

2016-2nd round bust

2017-3rd and 4th round bust

2018-Traded away two 2nd round picks, 3rd round bust (calling it on Shepard already) 

Thats a lot of draft capital flushed down the toilet. 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Darnold and Le'Veon Bell are going to cover up most of the flaws on offense. 

No amount of draft picks of middling players will cover up the glaring lack of a pass rush this team has had for 2 decades.

I am not necessarily against trading down.  I get it.  But I wholeheartedly believe Quinnen Williams will fix the pass rush problem once and for all.   He looks unblockable to me much of the time.  The Jets have to set themselves up to win a SB in 2020 or 2021. 

They won't get this chance again.  Khalil Mack and Von Miller were top 5 picks.

the farthest down I want the jets to move is #6. that would guarantee at least brian burns in case the top 3 defensive players are gone 

24 minutes ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

At this point Id be surprised if the Jets dont trade down. Even if its below market rate the Jets really need to recoup some picks.

2015-2nd round and 3rd round bust

2016-2nd round bust

2017-3rd and 4th round bust

2018-Traded away two 2nd round picks, 3rd round bust (calling it on Shepard already) 

Thats a lot of draft capital flushed down the toilet. 

Don’t forget to add this yrs 2019 2nd rounder too...

this is team needs much more than one edge rusher at this point (especially someone like Bosa with an injury history) IMO, and trading down for extra picks would make the most sense if it’s a deal Mac can stomach. 

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Darnold and Le'Veon Bell are going to cover up most of the flaws on offense. 

No amount of draft picks of middling players will cover up the glaring lack of a pass rush this team has had for 2 decades.

I am not necessarily against trading down.  I get it.  But I wholeheartedly believe Quinnen Williams will fix the pass rush problem once and for all.   He looks unblockable to me much of the time.  The Jets have to set themselves up to win a SB in 2020 or 2021. 

They won't get this chance again.  Khalil Mack and Von Miller were top 5 picks.

How will Darnold and Bell cover up flaws on offense unless they can play center the OL is a mess. The Jets is using a backup utility lineman as a starting Center. Best thing Jets could do is trade back and draft Garret Bradbury and sure up the center spot . Yes the guy isn't a sexy pick but he is a stable pick like Mangold and fixes a bigger need then pass rusher you invested 50 million on Bell and drafted Darnold they need a center bad. Last thing you need is Darnold getting killed and Bell getting stuffed at the line. 

2 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Macc is definitely gonna turn down a good offer to pick one of these dlineman. Just know it. 

“We had a couple really good offers but with the way the board fell, we we’re excited to add a player like Q. Williams”

Hopefully...

17 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Oh this ******* thing again?

Yes the OL is vital to the life and performance  of your QB. Darnold isn't going to do well if he is on his back. The Jets have invested nothing in the OL last time Jets took a high pick on the OL was Manginis first year. Last time Jets took a weapon in first round was Satana Moss. The Jets pick a Defensive player every year in the first round. Maybe reason the Jets defense doesn't hold a lead is because the Jets offense 3 and out all the time. Yes the OL is vital to your QB and RB success. That's football 101. Stupid to spend 50 million on Bell and trade for Darnold if you cant put a good line in front of them.

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Why would skins trade to raiders....makes no sense to me

Because with Q Williams on the board, the Jets aren't dropping back .   They will make the pick..( Macc has always taken BPA regardless) .    Josh Allen I see the player that goes much later than people expect.( player most likely to drop on draft day). 

I think Raiders/ Bengal trade might be more likely than Redskins.   Raiders get pick 11, third round draft choice( this year- they don't have gave up in Antonio Brown trade) and 2020 first round draft choice for pick number 4.

9 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Yes the OL is vital to the life and performance  of your QB. Darnold isn't going to do well if he is on his back. The Jets have invested nothing in the OL last time Jets took a high pick on the OL was Manginis first year. Last time Jets took a weapon in first round was Satana Moss. The Jets pick a Defensive player every year in the first round. Maybe reason the Jets defense doesn't hold a lead is because the Jets offense 3 and out all the time. Yes the OL is vital to your QB and RB success. That's football 101. Stupid to spend 50 million on Bell and trade for Darnold if you cant put a good line in front of them.

Except he didnt spend a lot of time on his back a year ago and should spend less this year.

This cliche about being on your back and injured and offense 101 is tired

3 hours ago, KRL said:

Eric Allen @eallenjets 38m38 minutes ago

#Jets GM Mike Maccagnan reiterates that he’s very open to moving back from No. 3 and adds it’s highly unlikely

the #Jets would move up. Tells reporters he has already received feelers for the No. 3 pick.

Ok great Mac you're open to something that won’t happen. I’m open to winning the lottery. 

Move up ? After getting feelers for number three? Why are you even talking? 

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If qbs go one and 2, i dont think anyone would trade up for bosa.  What a headache that will be in 4 years having to give him a second contract.  Hell, it will prob be tough just to get him in camp year one.

If u thought revis’s team was bad, this guy circle will make that look easy.  This dude is about money, money, money.  

No one will trade for him but we should definitely pick him....God damn it. We suck no matter what.  

7 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Ok great Mac you're open to something that won’t happen. I’m open to winning the lottery. 

Move up ? After getting feelers for number three? Why are you even talking? 

The point of saying he has feelers whether its true or not is too hopefully make teams secretly panic

The one who would secretly panic are the ones who may want haskins to drop to them or drop to a pick later than 3 so they dont have to give the world to trade up. If i wanted something bad and someone told me that they have people wanting what I want, although it may be bull, would inrisk it? QBs change franchises. And QB needy teams are the most desperate

If qbs go one and 2, i dont think anyone would trade up for bosa.  What a headache that will be in 4 years having to give him a second contract.  Hell, it will prob be tough just to get him in camp year one.
If u thought revis’s team was bad, this guy circle will make that look easy.  This dude is about money, money, money.  

I’m not convinced he’s going to be that great. Seems to get hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

50 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

He was the best QB in football for the last quarter of the season. Let's not regress to last year, in August, when people didn't even want him to start because he was going to either get paralyzed or "ruined". 

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The Jets need picks, desperately. I'm even open to trading next years first round pick if it gets two seconds and a third or fourth this year 

The jets DO NOT Need picks...  what they Need are Players... the last 5 drafts have proven that... the jets have had ample draft picks & Failed to hit on most of them... Alvin Kamara was a 3rd rd pick... it's Not the picks, it's who's Drafting them that counts... idzik & mccags have produced basically hot garbage... if this draft goes south maccags is DONE.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Except he didnt spend a lot of time on his back a year ago and should spend less this year.

This cliche about being on your back and injured and offense 101 is tired

The cliche of taking defensive line every draft is tired. 

39 minutes ago, jetsons said:

The jets DO NOT Need picks...  what they Need are Players... the last 5 drafts have proven that... the jets have had ample draft picks & Failed to hit on most of them... Alvin Kamara was a 3rd rd pick... it's Not the picks, it's who's Drafting them that counts... idzik & mccags have produced basically hot garbage... if this draft goes south maccags is DONE.

That's seems to be accurate.does the head coaching staff have any input on the scouts?

I mean they have produced crap, the new coaches seem to be competent, is it too much to ask for that we upgrade scouts too

the oline players appear to be more towards the middle of the first round and below.  the oline can be seriously addressed if they trade down a few spots and they might still have a chance at a top tier defensive player.  not that their third round picks are so bad but they don't add up to a couple of seconds.  if the jets want to be really competitive next season they need to start getting these better players in now.

5 hours ago, jetsons said:

Totally agree. But, picks is how you get players. Mac sadly sucks at drafting.

Archived