The case against Williams is weak

Talk to anyone who knows football and Q Williams is the best prospect in the draft. He’s a man to watch. The tape is amazing and he almost seems destined to be a pro bowl player. He also improves Leonard Williams. This is warren sapp, John Randall guy who can rush the passer NOT from the edge by all reports. He’s not a roll of the dice like some early second rounder would be. 

So why are people opposed. It’s not exactly football talk it’s more emotionally based

” I don’t want another dL”

”we have other needs”

This team has a lot of holes still and won’t be fixed tomorrow but drafting q if available and grabbing an o lineman in early 3rd seems a solid token to me. Not sure why mac is so obsessed with getting extra picks. He hasn’t picked to well outside the first round.  

Picks should be about quality not quantity. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Too bad the Jets do not have the luxury of selecting one of the top three defensive players in the draft.  Ignoring for YEARS, the most important unit on the offense is criminal, now they have no choice.  

It’s like me buying nothing but designer shoes for 10+ years, to pair with raggedy-a** clothes.  Have to start buying clothes to go with those shoes. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Talk to anyone who knows football and Q Williams is the best prospect in the draft. He’s a man to watch. The tape is amazing and he almost seems destined to be a pro bowl player. He also improves Leonard Williams. This is warren sapp, John Randall guy who can rush the passer NOT from the edge by all reports. He’s not a roll of the dice like some early second rounder would be. 

So why are people opposed. It’s not exactly football talk it’s more emotionally based

”we have other needs”

This team has a lot of holes still and won’t be fixed tomorrow but drafting q if available and grabbing an o lineman in early 3rd seems a solid token to me. Not sure why mac is so obsessed with getting extra picks. He hasn’t picked to well outside the first round.  

Leanoard Williams was also the clear best player in his draft also 

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

”we have other needs”

Sapp 

4.78 40

31 inch vert

116 Broad

Williams

30.5 Vert

112 Broad

18 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Too bad the Jets do not have the luxury of selecting one of the top three defensive players in the draft.  Ignoring for YEARS, the most important unit on the offense is criminal, now they have no choice.  

It’s like me buying nothing but designer shoes for 10+ years, to pair with raggedy-a** clothes.  Have to start buying clothes to go with those shoes. ?

The first step is always admitting you have a problem.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Or you can just keep drafting shoes and use some of the shoes to cover your genitals.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The case for Quinnen is weak.

One year of production.

10 career college sacks.

His team got destroyed in the nat champ game and he did nothing in that game.

I think he was hurt for the playoff run, but I hear ya.

If we're stuck @ 3 and he's the top player available, I won't complain. But I really think it's on Mac to engineer a trade down, because at this point, I'm just not interested in QW, Bosa, Allen or Oliver. I want players that will help Sam. 

59 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

”we have other needs”

image.png.bca6d6b011218a4a0fbe4f1c809162b2.png

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The case for Quinnen is weak.

One year of production.

10 career college sacks.

His team got destroyed in the nat champ game and he did nothing in that game.

Yeah, he should have played for Houston and played cupcakes his entire career or Kentucky and play zero big games or get hurt in week 2 and make zero effort to come back to help his team. Oh wait, that's Oliver, Allen and bosa....

• Upvote 1

The case against Williams is pretty simple -- it's human nature not to want to repeat past mistakes. We've invested three first round picks this decade in "similar" players and don't have a ton to show for it. People just don't want to invest in a DT/3-4 DE because we've seen it not make an impact time and time again.

I wouldn't panic but there's no question it's the least "sexy" choice.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

”we have other needs”

Weren't you the poster that was in love with the Hackenberg pick? He just needed some more time.

• Upvote 1