The Bears have a Sanchez problem

jetstream23

21 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Great defense, a few playmakers on offense and a quarterback who you’re trying to drag along towards a championship.  It didn’t end well for the Jets....2 AFC Championship Games and then had to dive back to the bottom and tank for a new QB.  It will be the same thing with the Bears.  They need a new QB.  They might knock on the door again this year, next year....but unless they can defy the odds and win a Trent Dilfer type Super Bowl, I think they will need to blow that thing up again.

Trubisky looks like Vince Young out there... 

19 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Great defense, a few playmakers on offense and a quarterback who you’re trying to drag along towards a championship.  It didn’t end well for the Jets....2 AFC Championship Games and then had to dive back to the bottom and tank for a new QB.  It will be the same thing with the Bears.  They need a new QB.  They might knock on the door again this year, next year....but unless they can defy the odds and win a Trent Dilfer type Super Bowl, I think they will need to blow that thing up again.

I guess the question is whether the Bears can negotiate a Bortles-like contract with Trubinsky (Trubinsky's agent will argue that he is better than Bortles, which is probably right).  

The Bears can now either pay Trubinsky something fair and build around him, or try and sign a FA QB to take the team forward.  In any event it will require paying a QB real money.  

38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Allen Robinson is a top 15 WR and they have 3 good RB's hate to disagree with you jetstream23 but I think the Packers have a very good D as well. 

Top 15 for one year back in 2015.

He's a good WR but his numbers since 2015 have been below average.  Packers do have a good D, but CHI punted so many times last night that their Punter just filed for overtime.  Gotta pin a lot of that on Trubisky.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Allen Robinson is a top 15 WR and they have 3 good RB's hate to disagree with you jetstream23 but I think the Packers have a very good D as well. 

They do have some decent RBs... Which is why it's sort of odd they decided to pass it 45 times... Only 15 total runs. 11 from RBs, 3 scrambles by the QB, and the one WR run play...

Not sure about that playcalling, but eh, what the hell do I know? 

2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Hard to believe they drafted Trubisky at #2 and we got Darnold at #3.  Life ain’t always fair. 

I honestly can't remember - was Trubisky highly touted coming out of college? Or was it just a super weak QB draft class on paper? 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Bought ready to type,” I thought he retired?” 

5 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

They do have some decent RBs... Which is why it's sort of odd they decided to pass it 45 times... Only 15 total runs. 11 from RBs, 3 scrambles by the QB, and the one WR run play...

remember 2011, when the light was sposed to have gone on for Chez?

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree with your premise but if the Jets had even 1 pass rusher as talented as the Bears, whether that's Mack or even Floyd, we would have beat Indy or Pittsburgh. Rex's defense was based around scheme pressure and having great CB's, also funneling most the offense to throw at Revis, but we never had a pass rusher even close to what the Bears currently have.

• Upvote 1

Trubisky was quietly good last year. Had more fantasy points per game than Mayfield actually—yes yes I know, fantasy isn’t real life—but that factoid surprised me when I heard it.

Too early to write him off, Aaron Rodgers also looked mortal last night. First game is difficult for offenses.

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think people make the same mistake every single season of using game 1 as an indicator. 

Also, he played really well for several games last season, but let's go ahead and say he's a bust based on 1st game this season..

But then even after seeing Sanchez and Geno play 30+ games, some still say “they could’ve been good if...”

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Jet fans are the worst

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

GB has a nice revamped Defense ... They played a lot of Dime packages and they have a great DL and young talented secondary and they are deep in the secondary... Perfect pairing with Aaron Rodgers and the slowed down packer offense. Judging by how much they ran, especially when it was obvious that Chicago wasn't going to let them run, they are looking to win games with low scores.