Osemele suffers "potentially significant shoulder injury" in practice today

thshadow

13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Wow. When you look at the highest paid players on this team & the contribution they make overall, it's easy to see why we're in a whole lotta suck. Trumaine Johnson (12) Leonard Williams (14.2) KO (10.2)  Beachum (9.5) Kalil (8.4) Quincy Enunwa (9) Avery Williamson (8)

71.3 Million in salary cap space being eaten up by 6 guys, 4 who are useless & 2 on injured reserve. This is going to be a much longer turn around than anyone of us expected. I'm sure that factors into guys heads like Bell, Mosely, Adams, when they look around the NFL. These guys are part of a pathetic team overall. This isn't Rex getting Manginis team. 

You guys expecting Gase & JD to be miracle workers are out of your minds. 

Reality is setting in for most everyone now. We are going to be pretty bad for awhile. The thing we have to root for now is Sam to continue to grow and confirm he is a FQB.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Sorry to hear that on a personal level. On a team level this may be good, because he’s stunk the place up.

can't disagree.  he did not appear to be the talented  and nasty player he was advertised to be.  they may as well have kept carpenter.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Wow. When you look at the highest paid players on this team & the contribution they make overall, it's easy to see why we're in a whole lotta suck. Trumaine Johnson (12) Leonard Williams (14.2) KO (10.2)  Beachum (9.5) Kalil (8.4) Quincy Enunwa (9) Avery Williamson (8)

71.3 Million in salary cap space being eaten up by 6 guys, 4 who are useless & 2 on injured reserve. This is going to be a much longer turn around than anyone of us expected. I'm sure that factors into guys heads like Bell, Mosely, Adams, when they look around the NFL. These guys are part of a pathetic team overall. This isn't Rex getting Manginis team. 

these things kind of sneak up on a team.  i know i'm preaching to the choir but it all comes down to bad drafting by idzik/mac.

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

can't disagree.  he did not appear to be the talented  and nasty player he was advertised to be.  they may as well have kept carpenter.

Finding and acquiring players that fit your particular scheme and skill set that you are looking for is critical.  It’s critical when drafting a guy and it’s critical when acquiring FA’s.  The very good to great players in the league are scheme diverse for the most part, but the vast majority of the players in this league need to be in the right situation to succeed.  I don’t think what they are asking Osemele to do matches his skill set.  He’s a more of a mauler and they’re asking him to adapt to this zone blocking scheme and he’s struggling.  Didn’t seem like a good fit from the beginning. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Finding and acquiring players that fit your particular scheme and skill set that you are looking for is critical.  It’s critical when drafting a guy and it’s critical when acquiring FA’s.  The very good to great players in the league are scheme diverse for the most part, but the vast majority of the players in this league need to be in the right situation to succeed.  I don’t think what they are asking Osemele to do matches his skill set.  He’s a more of a mauler and they’re asking him to adapt to this zone blocking scheme and he’s struggling.  Didn’t seem like a good fit from the beginning. 

Maybe the coaches should make their scheme fit the players instead of trying to force them into something they aren't good at? That's what a good coach would do. The entire o-line sucks at whatever scheme it is they've been trying to use.

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Maybe the coaches should make their scheme fit the players instead of trying to force them into something they aren't good at? That's what a good coach would do. The entire o-line sucks at whatever scheme it is they've been trying to use.

If that’s the case, it doesn’t matter what they run.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

I expect Joe Douglas to be able to SIGN A PLACE KICKER, for example

or NOT SPEND 8 mil on a 36 year old Center with a trick neck 

I also expect Adam Gase so called QB Guru to score more than 1 td on offense through 3 weeks, even with backup QBs.

he's running the wildcat you guys 

Jets fans are experts at playing the patience card

meanwhile they are pissing on our back and calling it rain 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

that could be.  that just makes mac even more of a moron because he must have had some idea gase was going to zone block.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

It will be 2050 before we win 10 games...

You guys are funny.

You can't expect any different.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

these things kind of sneak up on a team.  i know i'm preaching to the choir but it all comes down to bad drafting by idzik/mac.

There is not a single player left on an Idzik contract.  The rookie deals for every player that he drafted expired.  It is not an Idzik problem.  He left the team a ton of money.  Any non-sh*thead could/would have completely rebuilt the team by 2017.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Sad but true,  and you're usually the optimist around here, which makes this even more depressing....

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

You can't expect any different.

There is not a single player left on an Idzik contract.  The rookie deals for every player that he drafted expired.  It is not an Idzik problem.  He left the team a ton of money.  Any non-sh*thead could/would have completely rebuilt the team by 2017.

yes and no.  it's an idzik and mac problem because they had six horrendous drafts.  you're right any of those idzik players would be off their rookie deals by now but at least a couple of players besides enunwa or even dozier should've been worthy of getting a contract, and some of those should still be with the jets.  

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

I think that Bell prefers a zone blocking scheme. If our rb would do better behind it, then I'd support the idea of sticking with it. If I'm wrong on that, then it's just a coach being stubborn. If Gase is really an offensive guru, then he should be able to utilize players' strengths.