Adam Gase

BallinPB

2 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Just a friendly reminder to everyone.  The Jets offensive minded head coach has never had his offense finish in the top half of the league as a head coach or coordinator without the likes of one of the greatest QBs of all time.  

That is all.  

Another game that you can identify Gase as the problem. Again.

Totally unprepared and inept at the most basic of football theory. 

Darnold had no chance. He looked bad cause he was coached bad.

Gase is Terrible

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, NamathToCaster said:

I'll admit,  it's pretty bad.  Interesting to see how Gase responds.  He just looks like he does not have any control of the team. Total failure across the board.

I don't think control is the issue. I think Gase has shown no overall message. With Ryan and Bowles, they were promoted from being defensive coaches and said they would be a running team on offense. WTF do to earn his first gig, never mind this one?

I mean after you've just 'missed' on Bowles, how can you pick this guy with a negative record trending downward? What innovation did he promise? Cause we have seen ZERO innovation. I understand how putrid the OL is but some of that has to go to coaching, although I don't even know what the Jets are supposed to be doing, which, apparently they don't either.

Its' f*cking comical how bad they are...

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

You have to fire this guy before he ruins Sam.

Look at Tannehill.  He gets away from Gase and first week as starter he’s looking great!

I don’t know about great but he certainly hasn’t been hurt losing Gase as a head coach

• Upvote 1

Just now, BallinPB said:

I mean Sam last week with a worst completion percentage and worst QB rating won AFC offensive player of the week.  

Just looked up Tannehill’s stats he did have a good game you’re right I’m thinking about using him versus the Toilet Bowles D in fantasy 

I only saw the second half of the match. But all I could see was Darnold chucking it long hoping it would connect with a receiver. No attempt to create short throws to keep the defence on their heels. 

It seemed that each down was either a run up the guts from Bell or a long pass from Darnold. Nothing in between. 

I saw one quick slant attempted, which was actually caught.

If the Patriots are blitzing all they can and are playing man coverage in the secondary, find that quick three step drop and get it out of Darnold's hands before the offensive linemen cough up a sack or are pinged for holding.

I didn't see any adjustments.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

I only saw the second half of the match. But all I could see was Darnold chucking it long hoping it would connect with a receiver. No attempt to create short throws to keep the defence on their heels. 

It seemed that each down was either a run up the guts from Bell or a long pass from Darnold. Nothing in between. 

I saw one quick slant attempted, which was actually caught.

If the Patriots are blitzing all they can and are playing man coverage in the secondary, find that quick three step drop and get it out of Darnold's hands before the offensive linemen cough up a sack or are pinged for holding.

I didn't see any adjustments.

Your right, he did this when Falk played also.

All be it Luke is very limited, zero innovation nothing to keep the D on its toes. Guys got to go, I think the plot is hatched this week and Gase May go before the Jacksonville game? 

4 hours ago, BallinPB said:

You have to fire this guy before he ruins Sam.

Look at Tannehill.  He gets away from Gase and first week as starter he’s looking great!

Psst anything can appear much better (or worse) than it truly is if you shrink the sample size enough.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jet9 said:

He sucks. The very definition of a fraud. Talk about failing upwards. This guy is the best I've ever seen in that regard. 

Did he really fail upwards?  He was fired by an awful organization and hired by the worst organization in all of sports.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

After the first zero blitz, Gase should have had a counter. Same blitz on next drive and no adjustment. Didn’t even see him discussing on sideline with Sam.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Ahem... the first zero blitz had an open Crowder and Robby that Darnold just missed. Another had max protect, a tight end and Bell in to block but Darnold shifted blocking to the wrong side also on that play Griffin was wide open.  

• Upvote 1

That’s as poorly a prepared team as I have seen in a long time.  It was epically bad.   I’m not sure what to make of Sam right now, we could be seeing a David Carr in the making.  Gase’s conversation with Sam on the sideline was one that I had with players that I coached when they were 8 and 9 years old.   If the rest of this season plays out like last night, there is no way you can bring Gase back.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

Did you hear how he spoke to Sam on the sideline? It sounded like the Little Engine That Could ... "Reset ... I know you can, I know you can! You know what to do." Where's the frickin' participation trophy? Sam's a kid ... he doesn't know what to do. That's why you need coaching, and Gase simply doesn't have a clue. It's like the blind leading the blind. Geeze! 

QUARTERBACK WHISPERER????????

• Haha 1