Still former Jets fan and new Pats fan....

Lucagee

Hate to say I told you so but if you saw my post back on 9/9 when I mentioned I didn’t want to part of a losing organization anymore and adopted my new team, the Pats, I switched because of games like last night.  Not because of the outcome but because they never had a chance to win, futile....I actually made the journey to the stadium last night, great night, incredible fans and environment, that’s the good part.  Spent about 700 for two tickets, parking, a Bell jersey for my son (black jersey, not a fan) and food and drink, for my first game as a Pats fan in enemy territory.  Honestly, deep down like everyone else I was hoping Jets would not only win but would crush them.  After first drive it was over. The season is over.  The organization has invested in a few decent players, coaching is horrendous, evidenced by their inability to manufacture one scoring drive.  Anyway it’s Monday, we won, no delusions no depression, no gloating here, but the Jets organization is still making feel bad,  the Jets need to invest in their fans the way the Fans invest in them, team doesn’t deserve the fan base. 

• Thumb Down 24
  • Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, Lucagee said:

Don’t want it both ways....50 plus years being a Jets fan, hard to break the psychosis that kept me coming back all those years...it’s over....

so you're climbing on the patsie bandwagon when they are clearly on the decline?  have fun on the way down.  oh you laugh but father time is catching up with brady.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Lucagee said:

Hate to say I told you so but if you saw my post back on 9/9 when I mentioned I didn’t want to part of a losing organization anymore and adopted my new team, the Pats, I switched because of games like last night.  Not because of the outcome but because they never had a chance to win, futile....I actually made the journey to the stadium last night, great night, incredible fans and environment, that’s the good part.  Spent about 700 for two tickets, parking, a Bell jersey for my son (black jersey, not a fan) and food and drink, for my first game as a Pats fan in enemy territory.  Honestly, deep down like everyone else I was hoping Jets would not only win but would crush them.  After first drive it was over. The season is over.  The organization has invested in a few decent players, coaching is horrendous, evidenced by their inability to manufacture one scoring drive.  Anyway it’s Monday, we won, no delusions no depression, no gloating here, but the Jets organization is still making feel bad,  the Jets need to invest in their fans the way the Fans invest in them, team doesn’t deserve the fan base. 

You a$$hole

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

That's not what a fan is. That's a weak man who can't stick through hard times, who doesn't care about a team or the players, who only cares about a ring. The game was awful last night, but I still had a great time. It's the other people wearing green and white, the shared suffering that lets us share a community. You sir, are a miserable, abhorrent individual. This is bigger than sports. This is a microcosm for someone who is too much of a patsy to deal with anything other pure success. Of course I want the Jets to get a ring, which will be made ever sweeter by the years of suffering, by the Geno Smiths, by the missed draft picks. But you wouldn't understand. Your not a fan of anything but clear skies. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, Lucagee said:

We may be rooting for a bad football team but I take that any day over being a morally corrupt human being

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, Lucagee said:

They can ******* have you. You fit right in.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Keep flipping those burgers. Us real Jets fans are much smarter therefore have careers.

10 hours ago, DjHoldyHold said:

That's not what a fan is. That's a weak man who can't stick through hard times, who doesn't care about a team or the players, who only cares about a ring. The game was awful last night, but I still had a great time. It's the other people wearing green and white, the shared suffering that lets us share a community. You sir, are a miserable, abhorrent individual. This is bigger than sports. This is a microcosm for someone who is too much of a patsy to deal with anything other pure success. Of course I want the Jets to get a ring, which will be made ever sweeter by the years of suffering, by the Geno Smiths, by the missed draft picks. But you wouldn't understand. Your not a fan of anything but clear skies. 

orson welles applause GIF

• Upvote 2

Fraud.

• Upvote 2

I've been a Jets fan for over 50 years also.

I'd understand if you said you were disgusted and weren't going to watch them anymore, but not what you're claiming to do.

I think you're either full of sh*t or just looking for attention. Nobody who was a Jets fan that long is going to wake up the next day and be able to root for that team. So you were either never a Jets fan, or you're just full of crap.

• Upvote 4

So you allow your kid to grow up in misery while you shove it in his face... Seems like a great plan

• Haha 2

I question whether you were a real Jets fan in the first place. Most Jets fans consist of either: (a) those, like me, who can't help themselves and who have continued to root for and be disappointed by them routinely; or (b) those who've simply had enough of the traditional sh*t show and just walk away from football altogether. It is a rare bird that switches teams, particularly within a division. So, unless you are that rarity of rarities, it's obvious that you never had the perennial, masochistic streak that is the hallmark of a true Jets fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

Let's say I have 2 children.  One child is great at sports, smart in school, and almost without trying, grows up to be a successful lawyer and lives in a big house with lots of money.  

My other child struggles all of their life, sucks at sports, tries really hard in school but barely graduates and struggles to make ends meet in work and in life.

Do I love one child more than the other, because one is successful and the other struggles and fights for everything they get, while the other one seems not to have to try hard and succeeds at whatever they do?

The answer for me is that I love each child the same.  The reason for this is that they are my children. 

The Jets are my team, and no matter what they accomplish or don't accomplish they will always be my team.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

10 minutes ago, Alka said:

Let's say I have 2 children.  One child is great at sports, smart in school, and almost without trying, grows up to be a successful lawyer and lives in a big house with lots of money.  

My other child struggles all of their life, sucks at sports, tries really hard in school but barely graduates and struggles to make ends meet in work and in life.

Do I love one child more than the other, because one is successful and the other struggles and fights for everything they get, while the other one seems not to have to try hard and succeeds at whatever they do?

The answer for me is that I love each child the same.  The reason for this is that they are my children. 

The Jets are my team, and no matter what they accomplish or don't accomplish they will always be my team.

Well said!