Darnold Mocks Dak

23 minutes ago, thshadow said:

BTW, did you actually watch his clip?  I think it's very questionable that he's actually imitating him.  It's just one quick move.  Quite likely it was an exercise or a stretch.

The guy in the back was literally doing what dak was doing.  I think it looks silly and they were just imitating him, not mocking him.

47 minutes ago, thshadow said:

BTW, did you actually watch his clip?  I think it's very questionable that he's actually imitating him.  It's just one quick move.  Quite likely it was an exercise or a stretch.

Yes I watched the clip I posted. Did you? You think it's a coincidence he's doing this while #1 comes behind him doing it and the nyj official Twitter posted it saying "everyone is doing it".

I mean c'mon

• Upvote 1

Who is #1? That's the really big question.

No player listed with that number on the roster or PS.

My guess is it's PS WR Jeff Smith. He's listed on the website as #17, but Vyncint Smith wears that on the 53, so could be Jeff changed to #1 and the website hasn't caught up yet.

And I need to get out more.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

yea - mock - they're making fun of dak by imitating his warm up.

actually a pretty common warmup for quarterbacks as passing accuracy and strength comes from disassociation of your hips from the core.  What Dak is doing is common for warming up the core muscles and priming the neuro-passage ways for use of the hips and core in their throwing motion. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 4:01 PM, pointman said:

I wish Donovan McNabb spoke/typed less. 

I loved when McNabb admitted he didn't know an NFL game could end in a tie during a post game interview. The guys been playing football his entire life and he doesn't know the basic rules. Also loved when he puked in the huddle in a win or lose drive for a SB win, does anything say 'choke job' more than that?

18 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

I loved when McNabb admitted he didn't know an NFL game could end in a tie during a post game interview. The guys been playing football his entire life and he doesn't know the basic rules. Also loved when he puked in the huddle in a win or lose drive for a SB win, does anything say 'choke job' more than that?

I always felt like McNabb got a raw deal from just about everyone.  Didn't he get to 4 NFC championship games?  And the year they made it to the Superbowl, he won those playoff games without TO.  Admittedly TO was incredible in that Superbowl (while McNabb got sick) but I still don't get the McNabb criticism.  The guy won way more than most QBs ever do yet it seemed like everyone had something negative to say about him.  I've never understood it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I always felt like McNabb got a raw deal from just about everyone.  Didn't he get to 4 NFC championship games?  And the year they made it to the Superbowl, he won those playoff games without TO.  Admittedly TO was incredible in that Superbowl (while McNabb got sick) but I still don't get the McNabb criticism.  The guy won way more than most QBs ever do yet it seemed like everyone had something negative to say about him.  I've never understood it.

Philly fan base.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There are legitimate criticisms of McNabb just as there are with anybody but it would be kind of ridiculous to ignore that the bar has always been higher for black quarterbacks. It's gotten better but that's mostly because there are just so many guys out there killing it that nobody could possibly get on MNF and say they're all SJW media creations like Rush did with McNabb. If not for Watson, Wilson, Mahomes, Jackson, etc., an argument about Dak Prescott would almost definitely wind up with me getting banned.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

There are legitimate criticisms of McNabb just as there are with anybody but it would be kind of ridiculous to ignore that the bar has always been higher for black quarterbacks. It's gotten better but that's mostly because there are just so many guys out there killing it that nobody could possibly get on MNF and say they're all SJW media creations like Rush did with McNabb. If not for Watson, Wilson, Mahomes, Jackson, etc., an argument about Dak Prescott would almost definitely wind up with me getting banned.

You have a point but I'll say this - TO criticized McNabb as much as anyone that I can remember.