What Should Happen To Garrett?

What should happen to Garrett?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. What Should Happen To Garrett?

• Let the players police themselves like they use to.
    • Suspend him 4 games plus a fine
    • Suspend him 8 games plus a fine
    • Suspend him 16 games plus the biggest fine ever given
    • Life ban from the NFL
    • Suspension plus fine and legal action
    • Ban plus legal action
    • Nothing, he was standing up for himself because Rudolph tried him and that’s fighting words anything goes

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Only one for Ogunjobi?  

He was a total bitch here, Slamming Rudolph from behind when he was just standing there after being hit with his helmet and doing nothing.  Tough guy hits a QB from behind?

I mean, if everyone who pushes a guy from behind gets more than a games suspension, the NFL may have a problem on their hands. I’ll be surprised if he gets one game. Pouncey on the other hand was throwing haymakers and kicking a player. Not as bad as Garrett but he should get more than 3 games. 

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Only one for Ogunjobi?  

He was a total bitch here, Slamming Rudolph from behind when he was just standing there after being hit with his helmet and doing nothing.  Tough guy hits a QB from behind?

This. Honestly, I think he should get just a big of a punishment as Garrett. Both of them committed battery. Anyways, here are my other thoughts on the play:

Don't think the tackle was that bad, and Garrett just made a good play — Rudolph overreacted there by getting mad and trying to pull Garrett's helmet off. Fine him, but no suspension.

Garrett didn't just try to take off Rudolph's helmet, he tried to pull him up by his face mask, which could have seriously hurt him. Kick was justified.

Yes, Rudolph went after Garrett, and he was wrong for that, but hitting someone with those heavy ass helmets on the head could have killed him. BAN Garrett. 

No way you can suspend a guy for 12 games for nothing more than being an old-school, hard-hitting player (Vontaze), and NOT completely ban Garrett. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, isired said:
5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:
One would assume that Garrett would appeal. He would be stupid not to at least try. 
Good luck with that.

It's a tricky situation though, no? The NFLPA would be appealing for leniency for a member that assaulted another member.

Very much a catch 22.

They want to fight for the player, but he was trying to injure another player.

I think with the indefinite, Garrett misses the rest of this year.

In the meantime, he does a bunch of anger management, stuff like that.  Assuming he keeps his nose clean, maybe miss 2 games next year, for a total of 8, and he's let back in.  Now, if he does something stupid, gets a DUI in the offseason or something like that, he's going to miss a lot more time.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

Yes, I'm a real person.

I get it, it was over the top and if he does it again suspend him indefinitely.

Well, glad you aren't running the league.

BTW, he is suspended indefinitely, with a MINIMUM of the rest of this season.

He could have friggin killed Rudolph.  What would you suggest had that of happened?  Maybe 8 games?

36 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Very much a catch 22.

They want to fight for the player, but he was trying to injure another player.

Garrett's teammates basically turned on him in their post game interviews. He's not going to have any support, IMO. What he did is simply unacceptable and I'd imagine virtually zero players would disagree.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, rangerous said:

that was one bad play by garrett.  the game was over.  there was absolutely no reason to do anything on that play.

Especially since they were winning. It’s not like he was frustrated because they were down. 

But then again ordering to some people he felt disrespected and had to show people what’s up. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, extmenace said:

397E496D-AD2B-4D64-B098-4F84CB03E2A7.png

This presumes he was carefully aiming where his foot was going, against a moving target, in the heat of battle, from the ground. 

Also it's hard to tell definitively if that's a heel with the toes up, or if his foot's on an angle with his toes on the top of Garrett's thigh, or otherwise.

Also regardless, Garrett's far too young to claim his balls are actually hanging that low. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This presumes he was carefully aiming where his foot was going, against a moving target, in the heat of battle, from the ground. 

Also it's hard to tell definitively if that's a heel with the toes up, or if his foot's on an angle with his toes on the top of Garrett's thigh, or otherwise.

Also regardless, Garrett's far too young to claim his balls are actually hanging that low. 

Garrett was also pulling him up by his facemask at the time.