Sam will get the win against Lamar

If the Jets get Jamal Adams, Maulet, and Brian Poole back for this game they actually don't matchup terribly against the Ravens offense. The Ravens are a team that wants to run the ball with both Ingram and Lamar and the Jets are one of the best in the league against the run. They also have guys like Adams who could spy Lamar and potentially contain him somewhat. 

The problem is that their defensive front is going to completely overrun our offensive line and they have a really good secondary similar to what New England has.

I see the Ravens winning big. I just hope Sam has a decent game and doesn't fall apart like he did against New England. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GreenFish said:

We are going to get smacked.

We couldn’t stop Fitz from running all over us. Wait until we have to contain Lamar.

The Ravens defense is a pressure machine. It might get ugly for our QB. 

And once AGAIN this game will be televised Nationally just like the Point 1 second Pocket New England game was.

Whoever makes up the NFL schedule hates the Jets and is also sadistic.

Just hoping Darnold gets out of this game without getting hurt.

Jet “counterfeit” OL shouldn’t be on the field going against a team like the Ravens Front 7...it’s practically criminal....was already seen against New England and many other times during Darnold’s short career.

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Meh Buffalo was one good play by the Raven CB on the goal line from tying it up on their final play. 

Aside from the Browns and whoever else beat them their other loss, nobody has looked as good against Baltimore as Buffalo did today.

Buffalo is a good team. What’s that have to do with us?

• Upvote 1

I think the Jets will hang tough against the Ravens if Sam doesn't get his happy feet back and try to do too much.  We also need to put a spy on Jackson and dare him to beat us with his arm.  If Darnold stays poised and actually pulls down the ball and runs when the opportunity is there instead of throwing low percentage passes, I think we're in this game until the end.  

7 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I think the Jets will hang tough against the Ravens if Sam doesn't get his happy feet back and try to do too much.  We also need to put a spy on Jackson and dare him to beat us with his arm.  If Darnold stays poised and actually pulls down the ball and runs when the opportunity is there instead of throwing low percentage passes, I think we're in this game until the end.  

You are a better man then me.  I am seeing deer in the headlights, ghost game type stuff from darnold.  And what leads me to believe this is the poor play from him the last 2 weeks against awful defenses.

This ravens defense is a real defense.  They might not get many sacks on him but they will bring pressure and create havoc around darnold in the pocket.  I am seeing a gameplan of 0 blitzes like the pats did.

Darnold has not shown he is willing to stand in the pocket, stay calm when its messy and make throws.  When it gets messy, he sees ghosts, panics and its a disaster.  

If he has not improved on handling a hectic pocket, Thursday night is going to be a national disaster like the ghost game was.

I would love to see Jamal be a spy on Lamar all game.  Not sure that works from a schematic point for the defense but fun never the less.  even if he plays he wont be 100 percent though.    The only way the Jets win this game is if its just "that week" where nothing goes well for Baltimore and we seem to be clicking.    Don't bet on that though.

• Upvote 1

I will say, I do like these type of games better than the Bengals/Dolphins/Redskins types.  nobody is expecting a win, so anything is gravy.  those other types of games, we are expected to win, and when we do, the reaction is: "meh well it was ONLY the fins".  I just hope the Jets don't get embarrassed like the Pats game.  at least play a little competitive, and as always, the biggest thing is for Sam to play well (or at least as well as a person can with that team...)

8 minutes ago, Drums said:

We will be lucky to score 3 points. This will be the Patriots game all over; hopefully without all the Darnold interceptions. 

Thursday nights game is the biggest game of Sam Darnolds career and a huge game for the jets franchise moving forward.  The Jets dont have to win this game, but Sam Darnold needs to make plays and look like a franchise qb.  

id say 280 yards 2 tds, heck ill even give him 2 picks and I would be ok with that.  And those have to be non garbage time stats.

If this guy goes out there and has happy feet, panics and looks skiddish, sees and feels pressure when it isnt there, we are in huge trouble moving forward.  There will be legitimate questions if Sam Darnold is the guy.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

The Ravens are going to execute the same exact game plan as the Pats did on the MNF game. You can take that to bank.

Will Gase, the OL, and Darnold be ready for it?

Not this year. The Jets would be better off starting Fales and saving the kid another national embarrassment.

That game plan is an absolute joke.  Any good qb would salivate at that.  Just get the ball out qucik and let robby, crowder, smith and thomas make plays.  We have the receivers to absolutely crush an all out blitz.  The question is do we have the qb to do it?

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Without Jamal Adams I wouldn't even pray for a miracle on Thursday night personally.

28 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If Adams plays the Jets will have an outside chance

lol.  As if Jamal Adams would help stop Lamar Jackson.  Lamar would side step those A-gap blitzes with the same effort he would need for pre-game stretches.  

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  As if Jamal Adams would help stop Lamar Jackson.  Lamar would side step those A-gap blitzes with the same effort he would need for pre-game stretches.  

The arguments people make about Adams positional value are reasonable and make sense.

If you want to start pretending he isn't very good at what he does, I'm going to have to start questioning whether you're just a hater.

Adams is a big part of why we were the best run defense in the league. He is a great weapon to have against the leagues most potent rushing attack. He wouldn't be able to shut down Lamar but he'd certainly be a big help in slowing him down. 

• Upvote 3