Next season-Jets play 49ers and Chiefs.

johnnyjet

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Our schedule looks to be materially stronger next season. 

Much tougher next year but a lot of things can change quickly.  If Douglas does well this offseason everything completely changes.  We already have some real good pieces just gotta makes right decisions from this point on.  Let’s go Jets!!!

It should be a good measuring stick? The Chiefs can score at will on every team in the NFL. Their defense certainly isn't bad. They undoubtedly have the most talented roster in football. So this should be great to see how the Jets have improved. I'm thinking JD is going to completely revamp the OL? That series of moves alone could easily equate to 3 more wins, much more competitive games (even when the Jets lose), and it would make defense and ST jobs that much easier. The Titans couldn't beat the Chefs yesterday because:

1) Titans could not stop the Chefs offense.

2) Titans offense could not score fast enough to keep up with a high flying offense like the Chefs have. 

Although the Jets defense was statistically better than the Titans, they are currently susceptible to a passing attack. Right now the Chefs offense would shred the Jets defense.

Assuming the Jets did overhaul the OL, the Jets offense would be much more formidable competition for the Chefs defense. They still would not be able to keep up with the Chefs in a track meet, but they'd be able to score faster than the Titans were able to. Sam Darnold > Ryan Tannehill.

32 minutes ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

I just mentioned this to a guy at work who was supposedly a Jets fan for 58 years...

He told me he decided to switch his allegiance to the Dolphins, because he was impressed by what they did this year.

(He's also a Red Sox fan because he loved Fred Lynn growing up)

I said nice knowing you, and walked a way.

Good I would have done the same thing you did

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnnyjet said:

That should work out well.  

One of 2 things happen next season the Jets season is lost early, or they are actually very good, and win some of the tough games and show they are ready to play with the likes of the Chiefs and 49ers.

Not optimistic for option 2.

1 hour ago, johnnyjet said:

That should work out well.  

And who cares?  Even if they were slightly less talented than we think they are because of yesterday were those two or one win in your mind before yesterdays games?

Every schedule has these type games.  Its what you do with the other 14 games.  After chalking up these two as losses.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I’m marking those two as wins. 

Other than the Pats repeating is really hard. So I am rooting for Chiefs over the 49ers.

Chiefs will come back to earth next year (Jets road game).

49ers at home (Jets win).

• Upvote 2