Rams trading Brandin Cooks to the Texans

1 hour ago, Lith said:

So, O'Brien traded Hopkins for a 2 and then traded a lower two for Cooks?  How does that make any sense?

It makes absolutely no sense, but I think Hopkins wanted a new deal that would pay him a hell of a lot more than what cooks will be making. 

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For a 2nd round pick?  Bill O'Brien is straight up dumb.  Cooks is all but toast.

soooo  they get a 2nd, a washed up running back and a dozen rolls of toilet paper for Nuke and then send a 2nd for a player who is one hit away from the end of his career.  And the Texans ownership is 

c85.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

It makes absolutely no sense, but I think Hopkins wanted a new deal that would pay him a hell of a lot more than what cooks will be making. 

Yeah, because he should make a hell of a lot more than what Cooks will be making

13 hours ago, King P said:

I remember Cooks being linked to us, thankful someone else took him. 2nd round pick too steep for a guy like Cooks

Something aint right, he allegedly trades Hopkins cause he wanted a raise and then proceeds to trade a 2nd Rnd pick for the most overpaid WR in the NFL?????   He could have drafted a better WR than Cooks in this years 2nd Rnd.   Glad to be a Jets fan tonight!

• Upvote 1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108919/article/texans-in-process-of-trading-for-rams-brandin-cooks

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  whatsapp_icon.svg Bill O'Brien's Texans are making more moves and wide receiver Brandin Cooks is on the move once more.

The Texans are bringing in another dynamic wide receiver, as they are in the process of trading for Cooks from the Rams, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported.

0ap3000001107307.jpg

Houston will obtain Cooks and a future fourth-round pick in exchange for sending a second-round pick to the Rams, Rapoport reported.

It's the fourth team for Cooks and it will be the fourth time he's been traded in his career, as the Texans add him to a deep wide receiver corps but one absent of superstar DeAndre Hopkins, who was previously traded this offseason to the Cardinals.

Originally a first-round selection by the Saints in 2014, Cooks will now have been traded three times for two first-round picks and a second-round choice after stints with New Orleans, the Patriots and Rams. When the Saints drafted Cook, it was consequently via a pick obtained via trade with the Cardinals.

Cooks posted 42 catches for 583 yards and two scores in 2019 -- largely the least productive season of his six-year career. 

Still, the 26 year old should be a solid addition to a Texans team that looks to have a well-rounded offense. Trading away Hopkins -- one of the game's elite -- will likely always be a head-scratcher, but now quarterback Deshaun Hopkins has wide receivers Cooks, Will Fuller, Randall Cobb and Kenny Stillsalong with tight end Darren Fells and running backs David Johnson and Duke Johnson. 

As for the Rams, while they don't have a first-round draft pick, they now have two second-round selections and two in the third round.

16 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I know he's justifiably taken a ton of heat for the Hopkins trade from everyone. Now it looks like he's trying to appease that fan base. Seems like a desperate move. Now there's a team that needs a REAL GM. Where's Macc at ? 

He would have done better to use that 2nd on one of the 6' 2" WR's in the draft. This is really a very bad move.  And I like Cooks. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He traded a second round pick in a star studded WR draft class for a WR with a long history of concussions and a bloated contract. 

That's called desperation.

Desperation born out of maybe his own false image, that he's a reincarnation of the Belichick persona.   We've seen this act before...with other former BB assistant coaches...who think players will react to them like they're in the presence of a true BB disciple.  You have to prove it to them.  

He'd need to walk on water before a Hopkins kneels down in awe, and believes in him.  So DeAndre must go..for defying the BB-O'Brien way.

Maybe I'm off base here...but to me that's how he's coming across.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I wonder if Bill O'Brien is more hated than Mac. 

Was thinking about that too. Has to be. For all his stupidity, Mac never traded away a superstar, or traded a high draft pick for a player with concussion issues.

Nice to know things could've been worse (than having Mac run our team)

More WRs for us to choose from in the draft. Cooks disappeared in the Super Bowl vs Pats & Gilmore. I want bigger, faster WRs & this draft is LOADED! Texans are at MUST WIN mode & they're not even that good. Watt has been constantly injured & is damaged goods, Hopkins gone, Jets will have a better record next year, have a better defense, and Obrien is SO overrated it isn't funny. 

9 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

So he basically traded deandre Hopkins for Brandon cooks and RB David JOHNSON. Jesus. I can’t even believe that’s real.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He traded Hopkins and 58 for Cooks, 40, Johnson and a 4.  He basically traded one of the top 3 WRs in the game for a WR coming off a bad year, with multiple concussions, a past his prime RB, a 4th round pick and 18 slots of draft position.

I feel bad for Deshaun Watson and the Texans fan base.  They deserve better.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's nice.  2 questions:  Why is he constantly being moved?  And how much long-term viability does he have?

He keeps moving yet keeps producing despite new schemes QBs and coaches. Can’t argue with the results. Long term viability absolutely a concern. But I was responding the the “he’s always been overrated” comment. Don’t see how. No one ever called him elite. He’s a good player or at least was before all the concussions.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

The trade went the other way...a second round pick is alot for cooks who has not been great and is ageing.

I'm aware, I'd just like to see if we can get Woods even cheaper than Cooks.  After all, the Rams will likely end up using a 2nd/3rd rounder on a WR anyways.

13 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s one of the more head scratching in game head coaches in the league, and maybe, now that Maccagnan is gone, probably the worst GM in the league.  

It's absolutely amazing how some of these guys get jobs.  This is some of the dumbest sh*t I've ever seen.  Guess what's going to happen next?  Watson hit FA because he doesnt want to tie his career to Bill O'Brien.

• Upvote 1