Do you think the Jets will ever honor the 2009-2010 team?

teams could have been better, most for the team was good enough to win a div or at least get home field but they frittered some games and had to go the hard route.  Despite some of the hard core sanchez fans on here he was the wrong guy to be the Qb of those teams.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No division title, no conference title.  What did we win?  Best Wild Card team of the decade?

Oh wait, not even that would be true.  The Packers won a SB as a Wild Card in 2010.  The last team to accomplish that feat.

Too lazy to look it up didnt the Giants do that??

On 5/4/2020 at 5:46 PM, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol a ceremony for what? Trying?

Maybe a look back feature or something but that’s about it. 

I think this is more than less what the OP was suggesting...

"remembering relevance, a look back at the 2009-10 NY Jets"

Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

On 5/4/2020 at 8:29 PM, JetFan20 said:

It’s probably the best two year run in team history. 

Nothing crazy, but would be nice to do a halftime ceremony. 

Why ? Should we honor the 81 and 82 teams as well ? How about 85-86 ? Maybe 98 to 2002 ?

Only Super Bowl Winning teams get honored.

/micdrop, walks away.....

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Lith said:

Are we supposed to do what the Colts did.  May be the saddest banner in the NFL. 

After a 45-7 thumping in the AFCG.

The Indianapolis Colts are hanging up the saddest banners ever ...

And it especially makes no sense for an org like the Colts to fly that banner when they won a Super Bowl less than 10 years prior.  

Big boy banners or none at all.  

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Honoring a team that won a few playoff games and then flamed out after two seasons would be the most embarrassing and Jetsy thing to do. 

Current Ring Of Honor:

• Weeb Ewbank
  • Winston Hill
  • Emerson Boozer
  • Matt Snell
  • Curtis Martin
  • Don Maynard
  • Joe Namath
  • Larry Grantham
  • Freeman McNeil
  • Gerry Philbin
  • Al Toon
  • Wesley Walker
  • Joe Klecko
  • Mark Gastineau
  • Marty Lyons 
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • Kevin Mawae

Take away the Super Bowl winners and you're left with:

• Curtis Martin
  • Freeman McNeil
  • Al Toon
  • Wesley Walker
  • Joe Klecko
  • Mark Gastineau
  • Marty Lyons 
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • Kevin Mawae

Looking at that group, please, the following 2009-2011 era Jets belong equally enshrined:

• Mark Sanchez
  • Nick Mangold
  • Darrelle Revis

Freeman McNeil appeared in 8 playoff games, went 3-5, scored 4 TD's, had 3 fumbles.
Joe Klecko appeared in 5 playoff games, went 2-3, had 1 sack, had 1 fumble recovery.
Wayne Chrebet appeared in 6 playoff games, went 2-4, had 2 TD's and averaged 14 yards per game.

Mark Sanchez appeared in 6 playoff games, went 4-2, had 9 TD's, 3 INT's, had 60% completions, and a rating of 94.3.

Sanchez, Mangold, and Revis all go in the Ring Of Honor.  Just a matter of when.

SAR I

• Haha 1

Personally I think beating Peyton in Indy and Brady in foxboro in back to back playoff games is the most unjetsy thing we will ever experience as a fan base and deserves to be celebrated. 

Also public celebrating/drinking is sorely missed by me right now so I’m all for this. In fact let’s set it up for this weekend. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Current Ring Of Honor:

• Weeb Ewbank
  • Winston Hill
  • Emerson Boozer
  • Matt Snell
  • Curtis Martin
  • Don Maynard
  • Joe Namath
  • Larry Grantham
  • Freeman McNeil
  • Gerry Philbin
  • Al Toon
  • Wesley Walker
  • Joe Klecko
  • Mark Gastineau
  • Marty Lyons 
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • Kevin Mawae

Take away the Super Bowl winners and you're left with:

• Curtis Martin
  • Freeman McNeil
  • Al Toon
  • Wesley Walker
  • Joe Klecko
  • Mark Gastineau
  • Marty Lyons 
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • Kevin Mawae

Looking at that group, please, the following 2009-2011 era Jets belong equally enshrined:

• Mark Sanchez
  • Nick Mangold
  • Darrelle Revis

Freeman McNeil appeared in 8 playoff games, went 3-5, scored 4 TD's, had 3 fumbles.
Joe Klecko appeared in 5 playoff games, went 2-3, had 1 sack, had 1 fumble recovery.
Wayne Chrebet appeared in 6 playoff games, went 2-4, had 2 TD's and averaged 14 yards per game.

Mark Sanchez appeared in 6 playoff games, went 4-2, had 9 TD's, 3 INT's, had 60% completions, and a rating of 94.3.

Sanchez, Mangold, and Revis all go in the Ring Of Honor.  Just a matter of when.

SAR I

We’re not talking about players. Yes guys like Mangold deserve to be in the ring of honor and will get individually celebrated but the OP suggested the team as whole be celebrated. It was a fun time but a couple of AFCCG appearances does not at all warrant being honored at halftime of a game. 

Sure, they should almost throw them a ceremony. 

2 hours ago, Mo Lew said:

Personally I think beating Peyton in Indy and Brady in foxboro in back to back playoff games is the most unjetsy thing we will ever experience as a fan base and deserves to be celebrated. 

Also public celebrating/drinking is sorely missed by me right now so I’m all for this. In fact let’s set it up for this weekend. 

While I agree that the run was epic (that was Manning's last game as a Colt too) the fact that we came out the next week completely flat as an entire team undoes everything we did. WE should have rolled over the Steelers. All we had to do was feed the ball to Holmes every other play and his anger fed ego would have done the rest. Instead we came out hoping the Steelers were going to play nice and bend over because we beat the Pats. 

Sorry man. The disappointment of that game utterly ruins the positives gained.  Sucks but that is the way of things. 

We could give them the "Not Quite Good Enough" Award!

(For feeling better about yourself a couple of times a year when it best suits you.)

Other recipients include:

Air Coryell 

The Minnesota Vikings

Oregon's Spread Option Offense

Jerry West whenever he thinks about Boston

The Cast and Crew of La La Land

Every small town guitar teacher who spent the 80's trying to sound like Eddie Van Halen in a butt rock band.

Hilary Clinton

Shemp from the Three Stooges

a thousand post doctoral grads who chose the wrong field of study

and almost every writer who's ever lived...

8 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

We could give them the "Not Quite Good Enough" Award!

...for feeling better about yourself a couple of times a year when it best suits you.

Marv Levy's Buffalo Bills 

Celebrating losers isn't encouraged, but you can make an exception for that bills team.

4 straight superbowls is no joke, its a near-impossible feat for any team to accomplish.