Mims second hammy

More Cowbell

After the rash of injuries  last season we now have this. Same injury he had but the other leg. Hamstring injiries are prevented by stretching. For him to get another immediately after rehabbing  one on the opposite  leg is insane. I mean have you ever heard of another athlete having this happen. Add into the fact that the whe team had muscle injuries,  I would say we are not doing enough as far a s a trainer goes. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

45 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

After the rash of injuries  last season we now have this. Same injury he had but the other leg. Hamstring injiries are prevented by stretching. For him to get another immediately after rehabbing  one on the opposite  leg is insane. I mean have you ever heard of another athlete having this happen. Add into the fact that the whe team had muscle injuries,  I would say we are not doing enough as far a s a trainer goes. 

Maybe too much Xbox and McDonald's during Quarantine?

• Upvote 2

Blame also needs to be pointed at the medical and training staff, not just Mims.   Sounds to me like he began testing it out too strenuously, and too soon.

At least it isnt a groin injury, they are worse.

Mims should not be allowed to consider playing until week 6, at the absolute earliest.  But the Jets being the Jets, they'll eff it up.

Partly an example of why Osemele was so angry.  The Jets medical staff and decision making is not any better than Washington.  Unethical morons.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Somebody hire a plane to fly over a deserted MetLife Stadium with a "Joe must Go" banner!

Joe will be judged on the record.  The team needs better strength, conditioning and training.  Injury prevention and depth are part of the job.  Injuries are not an excuse. 

• Sympathy 2

56 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Another bust.

Just like Zuniga.

Plus Captain Morgan.

Somebody hire a plane to fly over a deserted MetLife Stadium with a "Joe must Go" banner!

Mims gives off a very lackadaisacal vibe. Also had that bizarre comment about Philly predraft. He sounded like his dog died when the Jets drafted him. A Jets second rounder, already hurt....basically everything working against him. Get on the field dude.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, varjet said:

Hamstrings need to stretched and strengthened together.  We fired the trainer and promoted his assistant.  

i fixed my hamstrings with a Pilates article from Men’s Health.  Never felt better. I am 56. 

Maybe send the link to the Asst Trainer? 

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Mims gives off a very lackadaisacal vibe. Also had that bizarre comment about Philly predraft. He sounded like his dog died when the Jets drafted him. A Jets second rounder, already hurt....basically everything working against him. Get on the field dude.

Well he is a second round pick after all 

The thing is the Jets just have no friggin luck. Yes of course these players stretch before every practice. Its a routine they've been doing for years. All the sudden he's a Jet and bam - injured! We've got our 2 best linebackers out - Mosely and Williamson. Perine and Zuinga - 2 rookies that can contribute both out.  Maye our new captain might be injured. I guess we should be happy that no O Lineman are injured and Darnold is healthy rather than complain about who is out - but just frustrating.

Mims, Clark, Perine, Zuniga, Hall. Over half our rookie class, and they'll all been banged up, ill or held out of practice for the most of the summer. It's frustrating, especially with a team as starved new young talent as this one. The rookies are all we really have to be hopeful for.

Welp, at least we have the punter to look forward to!

16 hours ago, varjet said:

Hamstrings need to stretched and strengthened together.  We fired the trainer and promoted his assistant.  

i fixed my hamstrings with a Pilates article from Men’s Health.  Never felt better. I am 56. 

If you can run a partial route tree show up today, there may be a spot for you.