Gase: Want to play Perine more but Gore just too damn good.

This is why this dumbass needed to be fired mid season or earlier.  There is oh he will help the tank and there there is he is doing tangible damage to the team.

As I said in another thread, Gregg williams is cutting jag vets and going with kids in a lost season.  Gase is gloming onto Gore and Flacco

• Upvote 2

Gase has a relationship with Gore, and is also probably thinking about what he needs to do to salvage his career. He has no incentive to just play the young guys. Without being told to do so by CJ, I don't see it happening. I also don't want the owners telling the head coach what to do, even in instances where I might agree with the owner over the coach. Bit of a dilemma. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slats said:

Gase has a relationship with Gore, and is also probably thinking about what he needs to do to salvage his career. He has no incentive to just play the young guys. Without being told to do so by CJ, I don't see it happening. I also don't want the owners telling the head coach what to do, even in instances where I might agree with the owner over the coach. Bit of a dilemma. 

A GM should be telling the coach what to do in this case.  But the jets get what they deserve in these situations for a totally dysfunctional org structure.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

CJ and Woody are not deaf and blind.  They see the record.  If they watch the games, they see how terrible this team is.  If they read any newspaper or news on line, they see what a joke their franchise has become.  To bring back Adam Gase would be such a slap in the face of their fan base.  I don't think the guys who buckled under pressure and fired Idzik would do that.  They need something to excite their fan base, particularly since the Giants are showing signs of improvement.  If they bring back Gase to destroy another young QB or continue the destruction of Sam Darnold, Jet fans will have to make a decision.  There are 31 other teams.  There is the RedZone.  

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

This place is going to be apoplectic when they announce he's coming back next season

Who? Gore or Gase? You know, I sit here on some days and I say to myself, I says, "There is absolutely no way that Adam Gase could ever possibly return here", and then I go, "Wait, I said 'I says'."  My Queenese is a bad sign. : /

• Upvote 1

Gase has no investment at all in the 2021 Jets, and why should he? The refusal to play young guys should give comfort to anyone who thinks he has some side deal with Woody to return next year after a tank job.

He is looking out for numero uno. His focus now is going all-in on the narrative that Macc/JD failed to get him necessary weaponz. If he uncovers some young gem inadvertently, it hurts that narrative.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Perine hasn't showed me anything special so Im not gonna flip out about this. Maybe Jets should of kept Ballage who looks pretty productive for the Chargers.

Well the thing is we need to know if perine is any good or not and thus he needs a lot more playing time.  I think he is a limited player who can be useful at times but is not a # back but it will be a wasted opportunity if we go into the draft next year and still do not have a handle on this guy.

Gore is averaging 3.7 yards per touch. This is not too far off from his 3.9 yards per touch with Buffalo last year, so it's not like he's fallen off a cliff - he's giving Gase exactly what he expected.

While everyone else goes young and fast, Gase goes old and slow at the RB position. Coaching where the sport is going. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, slats said:

I'd wager that CJ doesn't know what position Perine plays.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Gore had 23 snaps, Perine 21.

While I would want Perine to get the fairer share of the load, he does not appear to be a workhorse type of back. His blocking pick-ups and blitz recognition appear to be getting better, so they should be more confident with him there.

At best, Perine will be a share the load type of back in the future, and there is nothing wrong with that. He averaged 10 carries a game his last 2 years in college.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

gase and joe didnt plan a tank and are not trying to tank-they both are just very bad at their jobs

0/16 and people defend them-IT TAKES TIME-WE CANT EXPECT CHANGES RIGHT AWAY blah blah blah

u are what your record says you are and our coach and gm are in charge of a team that will be 0-16

• Post of the Week 2

Flacco & Gore are in on the tank.  They both get to add some yards and TDs to the “all-time” lists in exchange for keeping the secret. 

They’re kinda like the older kids who still get presents from “Santa” in exchange for not ruining it for the younger kids. 

• Haha 2