Wirfs rated higher then Becton

kevinc855

8 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

yes. the players aretrying to win.

I think in spirit yes, but at this point not much to play for so may be more likely to give in to the pain a little quicker. As opposed if they are making a run guys are more likely to play through anything. Unless of course John Abraham. 

13 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think in spirit yes, but at this point not much to play for so may be more likely to give in to the pain a little quicker. As opposed if they are making a run guys are more likely to play through anything. Unless of course John Abraham. 

professional athletes wantto win every game they play in. 

i always wanted to win when i played sports. EVERY TIME. did i EXPECT to?no.

no one onthatteam ever wants ti say " i was on an 0-16 team"

And?  It really doesn’t matter. Becton is going to be a heck of a player and so will Wirfs.  I remember willie rauf only a little because he played for the saints but he was supposed to be of the really good players.  And then there’s the whole issue of the team the guy plays for.  Wirfs is on a team that’s contending.  He has better talent around him and a qb that knows how to get rid of the ball quickly.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

professional athletes wantto win every game they play in. 

i always wanted to win when i played sports. EVERY TIME. did i EXPECT to?no.

no one onthatteam ever wants ti say " i was on an 0-16 team"

I guess my point was it’s easier to lose when you already been losing. Like mailing it in, in a sense. 

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s a hell of a lot easier to block for Tom Brady, and the Bucs offense then it is for Darnold/Flacco and the Jets disaster they try to pass as an offense.

Wirfs plays RIGHT TACKLE for a Qb who throws the ball in 1.5 seconds

Gimme a farkin break

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I'm perfectly happy with becton so far. Don't care what wirfs is. Can we get back to focusing on getting the #1 pick now?

Lawrence or Fields will love having Becton protect their blindside for the next 10-15 years

this thread is lol worthy

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm not sure what "more talented" means. Becton is bigger and stronger. But other than that (and that is a lot where a Tackle is concerned), Whirf's is faster, quicker, and more agile. Plus at 6'5" 320, Whirf's is plenty big and strong for an NFL Tackle.

Becton @ 6'7/364 lbs is an absolute freak of nature and when healthy @ full strength? There isn't a rookie O-Lineman who I'd rather build an O-Line around than Mekhi Becton. 

Come next off-season with a full training camp and preseason under his belt he'll become ready to feast for Trevor Lawrence as his Franchise LT and blind side protector

(compared to TRISTAN WIRFS who's a RT). 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The real key here is LOTS of people here thought Becton was a project.

And LOTS of people here thought Wirfs was a Guard.

Wirfs is a right tackle protecting a qb who gets rid of the ball in less than a second.  Becton is already one of the better Left Tackles in the nfl

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Probably not the best thread to bring it up, but Antoine Winfield Jr. is #10 on this list, and next April we’ll be seeing Asante Samuel Jr., and Patrick Surtain Jr. get drafted in the early rounds. 

What the actual **** is going on?!
Is this what getting old is?!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Probably not the best thread to bring it up, but Antoine Winfield Jr. is #10 on this list, and next April we’ll be seeing Asante Samuel Jr., and Patrick Surtain Jr. get drafted in the early rounds. 

What the actual **** is going on?!
Is this what getting old is?!

Yes and as an FSU fan I get reminded of this every Saturday while watching Asante Samuel Jr. play; the commentators make sure to remind you every game that he's the son of Asante Samuel Sr. 

You remember WR Ed McCaffrey of the Denver Broncos? I remember being 13 in 1998 during our AFC Championship Game watching him play and now his son Christian McCaffrey is 24 and took the NFL by storm. 

Thaddeus Moss is now in the NFL too, son of Randy Moss. 

Michael Pittman Jr just got drafted son of Pittman RB with the steroid arms lol

Think we're feeling old now? We haven't seen nothing yet. Just wait until we see Marvin Harrison's son, Deion Sanders son, Antonio Gates Jr, Tiki Barber's son and Peyton/Eli's nephew Arch Manning as all 5 are currently in HS and all 5 will be in the league within couple years from today. 

Nuts.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

You know what's awesome about this picture? 

It's the fact that he's missed a couple of games but yet is still being mentioned amongst the likes of top 10 rookies. 

Which just goes to show how absolutely dominant he's truly been when on the field. 

Exactly....”when he’s on the field”

8 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Becton @ 6'7/364 lbs is an absolute freak of nature and when healthy @ full strength? There isn't a rookie O-Lineman who I'd rather build an O-Line around than Mekhi Becton. 

Come next off-season with a full training camp and preseason under his belt he'll become ready to feast for Trevor Lawrence as his Franchise LT and blind side protector

I agree. I just didn’t understand what was meant by Becton being “more talented” than Whirfs. When i think “talent” I don't think size and strength. But, as I said, those attributes are pretty darn important for a Tackle. I think most draft evaluators viewed whirfs as a more knowledgeable and skilled player (is that talent?) coming out of the draft, with Becton having more upside due to his raw physical ability.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Becton is out of shape.

16 hours ago, JiF said:

It's great to have ridiculous talent if you're OT, it's another to be available.  D'Brick missed 1 snap his entire career and that was because he was pulled on trick play.  Meanwhile, Becton pulled himself from a game when he had a cold.  

Currently, Tristan Wirfs has not missed a snap.

Keep in mind here... The Jets are orchestrating the most professional and comprehensive tank job since the Colts ran the SUCK FOR LUCK campaign.  

If the Jets had real designs on winning games and battling it out to make the post season, MANY of the players that were held out with injury including Becton, would have stayed in the line-up and not missed any time.

2020 is TANK FOR TREVOR.  No way are the going to push a 1st round draft pick or any other player to stay in the game even if it is just a hangnail that they are dealing with.

In comparing Wirfs with Becton, I'd take Becton by far.  Wirfs may be a Pro Bowl player but Becton is headed to the HOF.  He is "Revis" special. 

I have seen videos of Becton training by jogging in place on a foam pad, and Wirfs setting Iowa weight lifting records.  

Becton’s scores are very much affected by his injuries. If Becton can stay on the field playing LT, I would much rather have him than Wirfs at RT/RG even if Wirfs has better PFF scores.  

But Becton and the rest of this team needs to be in better shape.  This Sunday will be interest-the Charger S&C is John Lott.  

I think we are all spinning our wheels complaining about coaching and drafting.  Unless this players are stronger and in better shape, it does not matter.  I would not expect them to do it on their own.  The Jets need to push the players to be strong, conditioned and flexible.  The whole program is a disgrace, and I think it falls almost completely under Hymie’s jurisdiction, where I believe the goal is to keep expenses low.  Even though the S&C coach theoretically reports to Gase the HC, he is a carryover from Bowles and maybe further back.

Alosi and Lott continue to do a good job with other teams.  

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Keep in mind here... The Jets are orchestrating the most professional and comprehensive tank job since the Colts ran the SUCK FOR LUCK campaign.  

If the Jets had real designs on winning games and battling it out to make the post season, MANY of the players that were held out with injury including Becton, would have stayed in the line-up and not missed any time.

2020 is TANK FOR TREVOR.  No way are the going to push a 1st round draft pick or any other player to stay in the game even if it is just a hangnail that they are dealing with.

In comparing Wirfs with Becton, I'd take Becton by far.  Wirfs may be a Pro Bowl player but Becton is headed to the HOF.  He is "Revis" special. 

Yeah, sorry, not buying this my man.  Becton isnt in no the tank and if this was the logic, why not just IR him for the entire season after the shoulder injury?  Instead, they forced him into action to early after the injury, he coudlnt play.  And then he dressed again and the coaches didnt pull him, he pulled himself because he had wittle cold.

You cant make the HOF if you're not available to play and/or dont really care about playing.  I agree Becton has best LT in the league skill set/ability but dont mean sh*t if you cant stay healthy.