What would you trade for Deshaun Watson?

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I completely agree with DJ here.  You can get Watson and still have basically a normal draft haul over the next 3 years.

3 first rounders including the 2nd overall? Very very steep for a player not on a rookie deal and the entire world knows is on his way out. He can’t be cut either so it’s not like Watson gets to decide. 

Offer the Jamal Adams package you Texans (23rd, 3rd rounder, 1st from 2022). Should be enough imo. At most, add a 3rd from 2023 so you don’t deplete 2022 premium picks. Then trade down in first to about the 8-10th to pickup one from DeVonta, Chase or Waddle (in that order) along with an extra 2nd+ atleast if suitors aren’t there. Ideally this should net you a 2nd rd now and additional future 1st but need suitors for all that. That should be enough to get you a good RB, TE and OL in the two 2nds and the third. Makes Watson a happy man as well. 

• Upvote 1

When this idea first came up I was a little reluctant, thinking we'd have to give up too much to get him, and would rather start anew with a drafted QB, but the more I think about it, the more I'm talking myself into it. Having to give up 3+ of our #1 picks would certainly be a price to pay, especially with the dearth of talent on this team, but there's no doubt that Deshaun Watson would solve our QB woes for the next 8+ years. Sign Allen Robinson, and this could be the most exciting Jets team that I've had the pleasure to watch with Watson at the helm.

If JD can somehow get away with only giving up 2 1st round picks, I will cum and poop at the same time.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I would definitely trade for Watson! Both 1sts this year & our Seattle 1st next year! 
We’d still be picking at #34, Allen Robinson would probably want to come here & we’d still have a 1st next year + almost 80 million in free agency. 
* Plus whatever we get trading Sam which I think will be a second rounder. No shame in losing your job to Deshaun Watson! 

I assume that any trade for Watson will send Darnold to Houston, too.

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That is kind of what it seems.  It also feels a bit like a plant by DJ on behalf of Douglas.  Get that offer in public now to get people on the Houston side to warm to it 

Could also possibly be the Giants, but I doubt it. Maybe Miami.

20 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

His childish antics seem bizarre but when you dig deeper, you realize how frustrated players are over there. Even Andre Johnson lashed out at the organization. And Watson tried to take a stand for his team mates, ended up completely being ignored. When you have such a QB, you should do everything to keep him happy. Teams pay $40mil a year to keep such players happy, how do you ignore at least interviewing a good candidate? 

Yup. He’s not OBJ. Everything about him speaks to a solid guy. Does a lot in his community etc. He just seems incredibly frustrated. JD would need to lay the law though. Tell him he’s the QB, Saleh is the coach and I’m the GM.

Never would I have thought a frustrated player would want to be traded to the Jets. Enter Twilight zone.

• Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

3 first rounders including the 2nd overall? Very very steep for a player not on a rookie deal and the entire world knows is on his way out. He can’t be cut either so it’s not like Watson gets to decide. 

Offer the Jamal Adams package you Texans (23rd, 3rd rounder, 1st from 2022). Should be enough imo. At most, add a 3rd from 2023 so you don’t deplete 2022 premium picks. Then trade down in first to about the 8-10th to pickup one from DeVonta, Chase or Waddle (in that order) along with an extra 2nd+ atleast if suitors aren’t there. Ideally this should net you a 2nd rd now and additional future 1st but need suitors for all that. That should be enough to get you a good RB, TE and OL in the two 2nds and the third. Makes Watson a happy man as well. 

It is steep.  But it answers, undoubtedly, the biggest question in football.  Think Allen Robinson and or Je Thuney might rather play with Watson than an unproven Darnold or an unproven Rookie?   If the Jets didn't have the draft capital or the cap space they do I would agree.  But they are in a position to part with those items and still be able to largely address other roster issues without mortgaging the future(like the Bears did for example).

• Upvote 1

I’ve been saying it won’t happen, I don’t think JD will part with that much draft capital and payroll, but wow if this happens and we can keep the 23rd pick. I would be speechless. I’ve been saying keep Sam even if we pick a QB at 2, but if you get Watson trade Sam for a 2. 
If we end up with Watson, the 23rd pick, two 2nds, two 3rds, a 4th, two 5ths. Wowza.

8 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I'm not crazy about 3 firsts... 

But what about... the #2 this year and a first rounder next year? What price makes this appropriate?

I think Watson is a phenomenal QB. doesn’t mean he’s the answer for this team in Jan 2021.

my answer; 

“ you can have the second overall OR both Seattle picks. one or the other. Otherwise go kick rocks, you have no leverage. Find another buyer

• Upvote 1