What would you trade for Deshaun Watson?

53 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

12 teams in the playoffs this weekend. 5 teams have a qb 37 or older. 

So many different ways to build a team.

Jets need to stop trying to put a band-aid over a shotgun wound. Is it too much to ask to get stable, high level play from the QB position for an extended period of time? They need to actually hit on a young QB and have him be around for 10+ years.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 and 2 this year and 1 and 2 next year.  Trade Darnold for a 2nd.  Trade this years seahawks pick for a 2 this year and a 3 this year (or another 2 next year.) 

That leaves the Jets with 2 2nds, 3 3ds and the 2nd pick in the 4th this year, and the Seahawks first next year.  

Sign Thuney/Scherff, Jonnu Smith/Gerald Everett, one of the top WRs, draft a lot of offense.  Imagine Najee Harris and Terrace Marshall in the 2nd, the best Center (Linderbam?), Guard (Trey Smith?) and Tackle (Faalele?) in the 3rd.  

My only hesitation is that Watson seems to want Bienemy.  He isn’t my first choice, but who knows.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

12 teams in the playoffs this weekend. 5 teams have a qb 37 or older. 

So many different ways to build a team.

21 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Jets need to stop trying to put a band-aid over a shotgun wound. Is it too much to ask to get stable, high level play from the QB position for an extended period of time? They need to actually hit on a young QB and have him be around for 10+ years.

There are 100 roads to a championship, 95 of them start with a good QB.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Best part is that some of the same people who excuse Darnold's terrible performance on his weeapoinz/coach/whatever put all of the blame for Texans going 4-12 on Watson -- who threw for 4,800 yards, with 33/7 TD/INT and led the AFC in QB rating, behind only Rodgers across the NFL -- without Nuk, with the #23 ranked OL, and with the #31 ranked run game.

image.thumb.png.6a05a47ce965108f6ed73d9fc5b780be.png

hahaha, moon cycles 

• Upvote 1

We’re starting to see some sites put up trade proposals.
PFF: 2nd pick, Seattle 1st, Jets 1st 2022 and Darnold. This is actually really close to what I would give up. I’d prefer keeping our 2022 pick and giving up Seattle’s though. We’d likely pick below them.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-deshaun-watson-trade-options-houston-texans
Hell no ... nonononono

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

... if this happens ... will be a disaster. You'd be handcuffing a developing team that is in need across the roster. Watson's contract is silly ... ... the guys clamoring for this to happen are ignorant in terms of how to build a balanced football team ... this isn't Madden.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BCJet said:

This narrative is simply not true, and our own team showed it first hand. Adams did everything a player possibly could to get traded, JD said nothing to the media except "we like Jamal and want him to be a Jet blah blah blah" and simply didnt panic trade him and what do you know he got the real value for him.

If Watson really doesnt want to be there, he goes to the owner and tells him that straight out.  Then its on Casserio to play the suitors against each other which for a talent like watson wont be hard.

Its 3 first round picks, and we happen to have that along with the highest pick in a QB draft.  If it happens Id imagine we are strongly in the discussion

Its always going to come down to what Houston wants no doubt about it. But Houston has to consider what QB they want. If its Fields or Lawrence that's the first or second pick in the draft no matter how you slice it. In that case if Houston feels they need to get one of those 2 guys to offset the loss of Watson then that's who they are going to deal with which puts the leverage in the hands of who owns those picks. If Houston just wants a haul and is content in  dealing with someone other than Fields or Lawrence as their QB then yes they will be getting a haul of picks more along the lines of 3 first rounders. 

In this case contrary to other QB trades in the past Houston knows exactly what they will be getting with the first or second pick which makes that pick much more valuable than just taking a blind shot at 3 firsts and hope they will land a QB in the next year or two. If they deal with Miami then next years first will certainly not be any where near a top five because if Miami lands Watson they will quickly become an elite Team and that pick will be in the 20's and with Miami's third pick this year they won't be getting Fields or Lawrence. 

Personally if I were playing the part of GM in Houston and I were offered 3 first rounders not knowing what QB would fall to me OR get one of the first 2 picks plus another first in the draft knowing I was going to get either Fields or Lawrence I would accept the choice of 2 first rounders with one being one of those 2 picks rather than rolling the dice. Part of the leverage the Jets or Jaguars have is that the Texans know exactly what they will be getting. IMHO I think the Jags will probably want Lawrence so then the Jets become an even more valuable trade partner because not only can we give the 2nd pick but we can give them Darnold and the Seattle pick which would then Give Houston Multiple options if they think they can resurrect Darnolds career. 

Lots to think about here for the Texans but their best trade partner is either the Jags or the Jets unless they want to roll the dice with what ever QB might fall to them and run the risk of not replacing Watson any time soon

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

We’re starting to see some sites put up trade proposals.

PFF: 2nd pick, Seattle 1st, Jets 1st 2022 and Darnold. This is actually really close to what I would give up. I’d prefer keeping our 2022 pick and giving up Seattle’s though. We’d likely pick below them.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-deshaun-watson-trade-options-houston-texans

This actually aint bad, we get Watson and really only lose a pick in round 1 of 2021, we would still have a first in 2022 from Seattle. 

And Houston can use that #2 to trade down for a bigger haul of picks as that article says...?‍♂️

all wishful thinking though, Watson aint comin here ?

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Once again this all depends on how Houston plans to replace Watson.

Ya I dunno weird to think a team trading away a pro bowl QB in his prime for like the second time in my lifetime wouldn't have leverage over anyone interested considering probably 15-20 teams would be.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

These valuations of Deshaun Watson are insane.  Three first round picks (including #2 overall) and Darnold?

I like Watson, but not for anywhere near that price.  I'd rather take my chances with Fields or Wilson, and have some ammo left to actually build a team around the quarterback.

He’s a 25 year old legit top 3, top 5 franchise QB. Even if he forced his way out like a Jamal Adams he’s gonna cost so much draft capital.

We got two 1s and a 3 for an in the box safety.....

• Upvote 1

Never been a fan. Good player but not a player worth giving up everything to get. He has to have everything perfect in order to win sort of like Dak Prescott, not impressed by him either. Watson is way better than Darnold, but at what price. Maybe too high.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Teflon-Don said:

This actually aint bad, we get Watson and really only lose a pick in round 1 of 2021, we would still have a first in 2022 from Seattle. 

And Houston can use that #2 to trade down for a bigger haul of picks as that article says...?‍♂️

all wishful thinking though, Watson aint comin here ?

My preference is to keep the picks and draft a QB, but I'll play.

Here's what PFF said:

New York Jets → No. 2, No. 27 (acquired via Seattle), 2022 1st, Sam Darnold

To me, that's 1 pick too many.

IF Houston sees value in Darnold and they want him in the deal, then  #2 (2021), a 2022 1st (can be the higher of the 2) and Darnold.

I'm not giving them #27 (our Seattle pick) this year too.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

... if this happens ... will be a disaster. You'd be handcuffing a developing team that is in need across the roster. Watson's contract is silly ... ... the guys clamoring for this to happen are ignorant in terms of how to build a balanced football team ... this isn't Madden.

For that much, why not keep the draft picks and make a hard sell to try to get Dak.

Dak + 3 first round draft picks (including the #2) is better than watson.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Ya I dunno weird to think a team trading away a pro bowl QB in his prime for like the second time in my lifetime wouldn't have leverage over anyone interested considering probably 15-20 teams would be.

Exactly. 

There would be a bidding war. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

These valuations of Deshaun Watson are insane.  Three first round picks (including #2 overall) and Darnold?

I like Watson, but not for anywhere near that price.  I'd rather take my chances with Fields or Wilson, and have some ammo left to actually build a team around the quarterback.

The valuations are insane but that's what a franchise QB in his prime as good as Watson is getting traded for . . . something insane. 

The truth is that we are in no position to sell the farm for any one player and he's probably not getting traded anyway, IMO

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, tfine said:

No. We are not a QB away from winning we need to build the roster and with his contract we will never be able to do that. Keep the picks

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

I agree with this.

IF, Watson is traded,( I doubt it), it will be to a team that thinks it has a good team in place, with a 2-3 year window to win a Super Bowl. They might sell their future, (tons of draft picks)  for that shot.

I just don't see a re-building team, with early draft picks selling the farm. 

Miami is kind of interesting.  They have Houston's #3 draft pick.  It would be really interesting if they traded it back to them for the Texans franchise QB.  Don't know if they would want to heft that contract though, and for some reason beyond me, they have announced they are going with Tua.