***Official NFL Playoff Weekend Game Thread***

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Andy Reid has balls the size of watermelon.

Congratulations.  This is the 1 millionth food reference used to describe Andy Reid in the history of the Internet.  You get a gift card from Target for a car air freshener of your choice!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I don't understand why more teams don't go for it in the "We're obviously gonna try to draw them off situation, but not really run a play" situation. The defense is focused on not jumping and if you do actually run a play when it's an 'obvious' we're not going for it situation then defenses have to play like you will and are more likely to jump. 

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

I don't understand why more teams don't go for it in the "We're obviously gonna try to draw them off situation, but not really run a play" situation. The defense is focused on not jumping and if you do actually run a play when it's an 'obvious' we're not going for it situation then defenses have to play like you will and are more likely to jump. 

You know why they don’t? It’s because it takes stones of steel. 

3 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

What would have Reid done if Hill drops that pass? Then what?

Yup.  Everyone is talking about the great play call.  Credit  to the players for executing it, otherwise you give the ball to Cleveland around midfield.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

On the road.  In the playoffs.  Make a ton of mistakes in the ifrst half.  Fall behind by multiple scores at halftime.  Mount a furious comeback in the second half.  Down 5.  5 mintues left.  Need a defensive stop to get the ball back and have a chance to win.  And you don't get the stop.

Sound familiar?

Damn you.?

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Yup.  Everyone is talking about the great play call.  Credit  to the players for executing it, otherwise you give the ball to Cleveland around midfield.

Still worth it, lots of time, teams go into a shell and one pass gets you to mid field anyways.

I've seen the punt it deep scenario fail so often.

I look at it like this give the other team 30-35 yards or end the game on the spot.

17 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Wow what a call 

What happened? I saw Browns down 22-17. What is everyone going here crazy about?

*Wife and I took the kids to a car museum and then early dinner on a beautiful day instead of sitting at home watching a browns game...