2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

3 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

Douglas may not do it. Remember, he came from an organization that won with  Dilfer  and Flacco, and traded back to acquire Jackson.  Don’t be surprised if he trades back and improves the team that way.  If he takes Wilson, it’s because he’s cocksure about the value 

Those teams had historical defenses. If anything, our defense is historical, and I do not mean that in a good way. 

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Let me just start off by saying that I was on the stay away from Juju train all year. However, I think he’s going to be drastically cheaper than I originally thought. If we can get him, I’ll love our trio of Davis-Mims-Juju. 

That is pretty appealing for a 25 year old QB that lives in Houston and wants a change. Just saying. 

David Klingler is only 25??

• Haha 1

Just now, jetblue95 said:

can you tell me which available RB that has also rushed for over 1,000 yards in multiple seasons is better.

What does that have to do with his contribution to the pass game? We are talking about Phillip Lindsay, not who is available. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

This is what I’m worried about. One of the starters goes down and we’re back to Braxton Berrios. They still need one more even if they so go juju. They can draft the reserves for all I care, Jeff Smith don’t get it done on game day when he has to step into a major role. 

I dont think signing Juju if we do would preclude douglas from drafting a WR.  Especially since I would see the deal beign a 1 year prove it type of deal.  Drafting a WR allows for a safety net if Juju does not regain his form and is cut next year.  You would have his slot replacement on the roster already in the form of the player drafted this year.  I think Signing juju allows you to take a guy like Rondale Moore and use his skill set more creatively while allowing him to acclimate to the life of an NFL receiver. 

A core of Davis, Mims, Juju, and Moore is a really nice 4 to have.  

• Upvote 1

Wishlist:
1. Adoree’Jackson

2. K’Waun Williams

3. (trade for) Danielle Hunter

4. Draft ALL Offense: playmakers and protection, in rounds 1-3. 

4a(8): Kyle Pitts, TE

4b(23): Travis Ettienne, RB

4c(34): Creed Humphrey, C

4d(39): Dillon Radunz, LG

4e(66): Trey Smith, RG

4f(87): Anthony Schwartz, WR 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Agreed. Just load up. I hate this is probably the end for Crowder tho. Loved what he gave to us.

Agreed.  Crowder is a favorite of mine. Like i mentioned in a previous post he has value even a Day 3 pick is better than just releasing him 

Juju, Davis, Mims, and our other scraps at WR.

Add to the OL in the draft, but also snag a QB to hedge your bets with Sam.

Use FA to fill out the defense. Use the draft to build depth all over.

Darnold starts the season. It’ll frustrate some, but if there’s no market for San, then might as well keep him and hope he improves - of gives us closure in the decision to move on.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

What does that have to do with his contribution to the pass game? We are talking about Phillip Lindsay, not who is available. 

lindsay is available.  the broncos rescinded the RFA tag.

and while catching 35 passes isn't mccaffery/kamara level, it is not a nothing.  it would be 3rd on the jets last year, 4th in 2019, and 5th in 2018.  while i recognize this points to the absolutely awful passing production for the jets, it is not a nothing 

13 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Putting on my tin foil hat, I’d guess if JuJu signs here it’s to take Crowder’s job in the slot. If Crowder and his $11M gets cut or traded, there goes Sam’s security blanket...which means Sam is probably gone as well.

Juju is a bigger blanket, that blocks better. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

lindsay is available.  the broncos rescinded the RFA tag.

and while catching 35 passes isn't mccaffery/kamara level, it is not a nothing.  it would be 3rd on the jets last year, 4th in 2019, and 5th in 2018.  while i recognize this points to the absolutely awful passing production for the jets, it is not a nothing 

Just because someone is available, that means I can't critique his game honestly? He's most likely not going to be in on passing downs because of his blocking.

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Just because someone is available, that means I can't critique his game honestly? He's most likely not going to be in on passing downs because of his blocking.

well the jets need RBs.  he seems to be the best one available right now.  and while he's not a premier pass catcher, he can contribute in the passing game as witnessed by his 35/38 catches in 2018/19.  still would look to draft one, but if they sign him, he immediately becomes the best RB on the team (not saying much)

20 minutes ago, prime21 said:

While he wasn’t on top of my list, a JuJu-Davis-Mims would make a formidable trio for any QB. He’s only 24 so he would fit right in with the rebuild timeline. My only concern is he’s a bit of a head case. Other than that I would be very happy to get him.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

well the jets need RBs.  he seems to be the best one available right now.  and while he's not a premier pass catcher, he can contribute in the passing game as witnessed by his 35/38 catches in 2018/19.  still would look to draft one, but if they sign him, he immediately becomes the best RB on the team (not saying much)

I didn't even say we shouldn't sign him, but I don't need to lie about his game. If he's on the field for 3rd downs, you're going to see a lot of blown up pockets at the expense of some of those catches.

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I didn't even say we shouldn't sign him, but I don't need to lie about his game. If he's on the field for 3rd downs, you're going to see a lot of blown up pockets at the expense of some of those catches.

that's fair.  

it is possible that someone can (i) not be a great blocker and (ii) still be able to contribute as a receiver out of the backfield.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im not buying that we are serious about Juju.  Anyone we have signed so far had not been reported previously.  If the jets were serious about signing JuJu, we would have heard nothing about it.

I don’t understand where you get off thinking it’s that cut & dry and the only way we sign a player is if the exact same occurrence of silence before the signing happens first lol. 

you must be superstitious 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

don't love juju (maybe because he was a bust for my fantasy team last year and a bit of a tool), but for the right price, he'd be a nice addition.  hopefully only a 1 or 2 year deal

lol bust is a bit strong for FF purposes - he finished as WR16 - basically what he is in real life.  a WR2 on teams. Davis, Juju and Mims is a pretty legit WR group.

• Upvote 3

not sure what happened last year, but he caught 35 passes in each of his first two seasons.  that is more than any jets except crowder and berrios last year (ok, not saying much on the jets end)

I believe that he played injured with planter fascia or some sort of foot problem. That’s why, and he still gave it his all. I didn’t just watch ESPN highlights, I DVR his games.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app