RIP Jets fan Artie Webb

Dcat

The New York Jets are like Social Security, they hope we're all dead before we can collect what we've all put into them. 52 years for me since I was 8 years old when they won the Super Bowl. 

I honestly think Joe Douglas might be my last chance. I'm pulling for him. This was the 1st year I started just tuning games off at halftime & doing other things, like working out or riding by bicycle. 

But, I'd still go back & watch the condensed review on GAMEPASS, check out the ALL22. We just have no talent! I look at the embarrassment of riches on some teams & its hard to fathom just how low IDZIK & MACC sunk this organization. But I'll keep holding on, though it would be nice to finally be proud again to don the Jets logo. 2009/2010 is a long time ago. I just have a feeling about this JD + Saleh union. 

15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The New York Jets are like Social Security, they hope we're all dead before we can collect what we've all put into them. 52 years for me since I was 8 years old when they won the Super Bowl. 

I honestly think Joe Douglas might be my last chance. I'm pulling for him. This was the 1st year I started just tuning games off at halftime & doing other things, like working out or riding by bicycle. 

But, I'd still go back & watch the condensed review on GAMEPASS, check out the ALL22. We just have no talent! I look at the embarrassment of riches on some teams & its hard to fathom just how low IDZIK & MACC sunk this organization. But I'll keep holding on, though it would be nice to finally be proud again to don the Jets logo. 2009/2010 is a long time ago. I just have a feeling about this JD + Saleh union. 

This is the most self-serving version of “Rest In Peace” I’ve ever seen.

Anyway, prayers to Artie’s family.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, slats said:

I didn’t know him, but a friend on Facebook did know him and posted this. He was an LI guy. Not just a Jet fan, but a Beatle fan and bass player - a man after my own heart. Just sucks. A virus that only kills “x% of people,” kills people. Sometimes husbands and fathers and Beatle and Jet fans. ****ing sad and preventable. 

Yep, RIP 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Was he the guy in the UD behind the EZ who wore the Klecko jersey and did the competing chant with Ed? He had a whistle, threw out candy etc. Got the section rocking. This was in the 90’s...

RIP Artie

RIP 

It sure looks like him. 

I remember him from years ago if that was him. 

2 hours ago, Wit said:

My first thought was Artie Lange and I was like who had him in the death pool?? 

A Jet fan died, plenty of threads to make jokes in.  This isn't one of them imo.  I am sure his family is going to read this thread.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Was he the guy in the UD behind the EZ who wore the Klecko jersey and did the competing chant with Ed? He had a whistle, threw out candy etc. Got the section rocking. This was in the 90’s...

RIP Artie

I don't think so.  I think that guy was older because he was doing the chant there in the 80's.  He originally competed with someone on the other side of the stadium, also in the upper deck.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Dcat said:

144574694_10217651153644303_423660527493

We all recognize this man.  Especially if you are a season ticket holder.  I just read on facebook, No Fly Zone, that Artie Webb died.  It listed the cause as Covid-19.  I never met this fan, but sure as heck remember that face and outfit all the way back to the 1980's.  

RIP brother Jets Fan, Artie Webb.

Contact the Jets. Have them put that picture up on the big screen opening day. That’s a great picture. RIP

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

I don't think so.  I think that guy was older because he was doing the chant there in the 80's.  He originally competed with someone on the other side of the stadium, also in the upper deck.

Section 319 ; Row 26 ; in the section where they started one of the upper level J-E-T-S chants . A retired fireman always threw candy to the fans before each game . Some moron who always wore Pittsburgh Steeler gear sat up there . Also , a guy who always wore a black raincoat , and looked like Ozzy Osbourne , also sat up there . And a crazy federal agent named Duffy sat in our row . THOSE WERE THE DAYS .

• Upvote 2

On 2/2/2021 at 5:13 PM, Maxman said:

Terrible news, I didn't know him but I saw him all the time.  May he rest in peace!  I hope his family is doing okay!

Does anyone know if he sat with Hard Hat Scott?  I think he was on the big screen with him a lot.

Yes he did.  I don’t know either guy personally but a couple of the FB groups I have posted pics of the two of them together.  Terrible and sad.