NY Jets were smart to trade Jamal Adams in hindsight

Bronx

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The lack of players worth paying did not make Adams worth paying.  Paying players just to pay them is how you create more holes.  Yet there were quite a few people making that silly argument last offseason prior to the Adams trade.

I ask all the people who still think trading Adams was a bad move, or is TBD:  Knowing what you know right now, if you're Seattle, do you hand Adams $18M per over 4-5 years right now?  $16M?

If the answer is no, then the Jets won the trade.  Period.

exactly....no one on the team was worth paying that money too. especially not a safety. 

Yeah plenty wanted to keep him, its not how you make a good roster. It was great having him on the team sure but there was plenty of reasons to let him go, getting the haul that we got sure made it much easier for those against it.

I think teams would still pay it right now. Seattles thought was there are just a piece or two away from the big one. So in that sense going ally Tanny baum can makes a sort of sense - but admitting that is an all in type of maneuverer. THe part they didnt realize was our team was so bad and he was given the a very special workload to achieve those stats. He has no chance in my estimation of recreating his impact in SEA. Play he made here were due to gettiing all those rushes and being so muhc better than the players around him, getting plays that others were incapable of making. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Outcome doesn't dictate strategy.  With that said, I do appreciate the trade JD pulled off.  Still, the point of team building is to acquire players who can play not draft picks who cannot.  You must of loved Idzik and his drafts.  The bottom line is and always has been:  Can JD draft?  We still do not have that answer.

3 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Indeed, Hackenberg wasn't a sure thing and "only" a second round pick.  But, we're not talking about just being bad.  If he were just bad, he wouldn't be a part of the conversation.  He was so bad that you and him have identical NFL stat lines.  That is pretty unprecedented for a 2nd round pick who didn't have an injury or other issue keeping him off the field.  Seriously, can you find another 2nd round pick, especially a QB, who never took a snap?  How bad do you have to be to not even get in at garbage time, or in a lost season?

lol. I do have to agree with you.  I know nothing, and when we drafted Hackenberg, even I knew it was a stupid move.  I had no problem with Bryce Petty in the 4th round, because it was the 4th round.  Hackenberg was a 7th round prospect, picked in the 2nd round.  We had clowns for GM's back then.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Outcome doesn't dictate strategy.  With that said, I do appreciate the trade JD pulled off.  Still, the point of team building is to acquire players who can play not draft picks who cannot.  You must of loved Idzik and his drafts.  The bottom line is and always has been:  Can JD draft?  We still do not have that answer.

Adams can’t play 

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

This is totally  uncalled for

I dont mind ... still dont like losing the best player on the team ... ill feel better in a few months when we are drafting with those picks.

Edited by Dunnie

25 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

And also not Correct. When the picks actually produce something or quality players you can stfu, because it’s indisputable the team got worse not better losing adams 

our gm has a plan.. it's gonna take time   ?

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I hope so! No one wants us to hit on those picks then me. But I have watched to many jet drafts to include last years where I kinda just rolled my eyes. Let’s see what he does with them

agreed !  ?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

You talk the talk, you walk tha #plank. The internet never forgets.

Truth ... but in all fairness our defense is much worse without him and the the picks have netted zero so far.  Ill be the first to praise the trade if we finally land a rookie difference maker at QB. Or if more than one of the picks we received turns into an all pro.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Yeah Tom, you want to defend Gase some more?

Gase moved the franchise forward by ousting Maccagnan and showing Chris Johnson he had to back the **** up.

Adams set the franchise back 5-10 years by not being Watson or Mahomes, and also by trying to tear the locker room to shreds for two years.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Truth ... but in all fairness our defense is much worse without him and the the picks have netted zero so far.  Ill be the first to praise the trade if we finally land a rookie difference maker at QB. Or if more than one of the picks we received turns into an all pro.

Dunnie finally approves of the Watson trade! #2, #23 and next year’s Seattle pick.

You won’t be disappointed 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Adams is a strange player.  He's a reverse safety tweener.  Maybe he's ahead of his time.

A tweener safety is usually put at a linebacker position because they're really good at covering backs and TE's but you give up run support.  Adams is the exact opposite.  He's fricking strange.  

Maybe he's ahead of his time and defenses will evolve to have players like Adams.  We started calling DE's and Linebackers "EDGE" to differentiate them from traditional DL's and LB's.  What will we start calling safeties that can blitz the QB but can't cover?  "SRUSH"?