Mark Sanchez wants Darnold off the Jets to save his life like the Saigon Airlift

I'm not convinced he's going to be moved. If that were the case, the Jets would be picking a QB at 2 and I just don't think it's in their best interests to do so. Trading down out of 2 does the most good for this team. 

Sure, Sammy is available to be traded for the right price, key being the right price....

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Mark is absolutely correct. Can you imagine if Douglas brings Sam back and we start the year 1-4 or something like that and Sam still stinks? People would be calling for Douglas to be fired 

Douglas is on the clock starting this year. He’d be a fool to go with a known horrible entity in Darnold. Start over and get your own guy like a normal GM. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Any GM that's confident in what they're doing doesn't give a sh*t about emotional fan reaction after a few 3 and outs. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. What's infinitely more important is getting the team playing well. Douglas has a 6 year deal with 4 years left. If his methods take a little longer he's not going to care about some diva fans with their panties caught in a bunch. Besides, if later on the Jets start playing well, ALL will be forgotten....

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Douglas is on the clock starting this year. He’d be a fool to go with a known horrible entity in Darnold. Start over and get your own guy like a normal GM. 

Douglas is entering year 3 of a 6 year deal he can pick high again, blame it on switch to the 4-3 and we all will eat that poop sandwich. This is like a 4-6 win team no matter what happens in the next 2 months. 

• Upvote 1

Sanchez is right and he would know as much as anyone about it.

He was a poor QB and walked onto a team with a top defense, a great oline and running game a gm that went out and got better players and a bombastic coach that took pressure off him.

Swap those two QBs and the results would be the same.

Build an outstanding roster an you can compete even with a non hof QB.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Mark is absolutely correct. Can you imagine if Douglas brings Sam back and we start the year 1-4 or something like that and Sam still stinks? People would be calling for Douglas to be fired 

Yes and JD must know this...his own job preservation.  Getting rid of Sam was always going to be the case.  I don't think it was ever really a consideration to keep him.

With Sam they have to win now, with a rookie they have a couple of years to complete the rebuild.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

By the time he hangs up his Stealth Blacks, Sam Darnold will have been paid $30,000,000 by the New York Jets to be the #32 quarterback in the NFL.

Cry me a river.

SAR I

Amen.  Thinking about all the stress and decades of busting my butt trying to earn a living, and dealing with the every day pressure of life and on the job, I'm supposed to feel bad for a 23 year old kid who will have made 6 times the money I've made in 35 years by the time he's 25 years old?

Suck it up Sam Darnold; I got no sympathy for you!  Your job is to get better and be a part of a winning future with the Jets.  No negativity!  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Sanchez is right and he would know as much as anyone about it.

He was a poor QB and walked onto a team with a top defense, a great oline and running game a gm that went out and got better players and a bombastic coach that took pressure off him.

Swap those two QBs and the results would be the same.

Build an outstanding roster an you can compete even with a non hof QB.

Yes, with a two year window.  You can't maintain those types of teams long term.  The only way to continually be competitive is to have a top flight QB.

• Sympathy 1

Sanchez is right, for the record.  If I were Sam or Sam's agent, I'd have asked to be traded.  Sam might suck, hell he probably sucks, he's probably not going to get alot better, but it's also a fact he's been horribly unsupported here in NY.  If I were him, I'd want out too.

I'm sorta hoping he gets dealt to the WFT.  That way I can root for him to succeed (cause he is a good kid IMO, even if he's not a great QB) while not having to REALLY care if he fails again.  Of course, for that to work the Jets need to draft or sign a better QB, and I'm as yet unconvinced that is a sure thing in this draft class.

P.S. Nice to see the SAR Heel Turn is now in overdrive. I guess he thinks we'll all pretend he wasn't the biggest spam-posting Gase/Darnold "how dare you question them, they're the best in the AFC" hyperfan ever, because he's a CRITIC now, lol. :-k?

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The Sanchize has a point.

Maybe it is best for everyone to move on.

I'm going to f***in' hate it if this kid goes to San Francisco or New Orleans and resurrects his career.

But yea, looks we're going Mormon Messiah.

I won’t be bitter about it if he does. I would actually, probably, root for him if he went to an NFC team. (Especially the Saints, since where I’m from holds 95% of NOLA’s fan base)

52 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Especially if Wilson or Fields appear to be competent.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Once he gets away from the Jets he can embark upon the hugely successful second act of his career, just like Mark Sanchez

REMEMBER THE TIME MARK SANCHEZ SINGLE HANDEDLY KNOCKED THE EAGLES OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS GOOD TIMES MAN

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Especially if Wilson or Fields appear to be competent.

This is the biggest reason I expect Sam to be moved and us to draft a QB at #2.

It's borderline fatal to J.D., immediately, if we keep Sam and Fields/Wilson/Lance/Mac breaks out in their rookie seasons.  It'll be a sh*tshow, seriously.

But if he dumps Sam, and drafts a kid, he buys himself (and Saleh) three more years.

I hate it that people make decisions based on selfish self-interest, but in this case, it's kinda obvious.  It would take stones of pure adamantium for JD to keep Sam as the #1 QB and not draft any QB in 2021.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's borderline fatal to J.D., immediately, if we keep Sam and Fields/Wilson/Lance/Mac breaks out in their rookie seasons.  It'll be a sh*tshow, seriously.

But if he dumps Sam, and drafts a kid, he buys himself (and Saleh) three more years.

I hate it that people make decisions based on selfish self-interest, but in this case, it's kinda obvious.  It would take stones of pure adamantium for JD to keep Sam as the #1 QB and not draft any QB in 2021.

I take the absolute opposite viewpoint that you do.  The biggest reason that Joe Douglas got a 6 year deal, is that he doesn't have to succumb to pressure of saving his job.  His job is secure!!

He can do what he feels is the right move, without having to worry about him being fired.

JD had the stones to negotiate himself a 6 year deal, so it's Joe Douglas running the show, and the only pressure on him is for him to make the correct decision to help the Jets, not to save his job!

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

this may be the best argument I've heard so far for moving on from Sam. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Douglas is entering year 3 of a 6 year deal he can pick high again, blame it on switch to the 4-3 and we all will eat that poop sandwich. This is like a 4-6 win team no matter what happens in the next 2 months. 

If they go 5-11, have a ton of new, young players playing well, and are competitive in games, people won't complain.

If they go 2-14, and after 12 games are on pace to have the worst scoring differential in NFL history, people will call for his head.

Just now, Alka said:

I take the absolute opposite viewpoint that you do.  The biggest reason that Joe Douglas got a 6 year deal, is that he doesn't have to succumb to pressure of saving his job.  His job is secure!!

He can do what he feels is the right move, without having to worry about him being fired.

JD had the stones to negotiate himself a 6 year deal, so it's Joe Douglas running the show, and the only pressure on him is for him to make the correct decision to help the Jets, not to save his job!

Counter Argument: 

If he retains Sam for 2021 and the Jets go 4-12, and then the Jets go say 6-10 in 2021, he will be fired.

6-year deal or no 6-year deal.

There is no such thing as a "safe job" in the NFL.  Super Bowl winners get fired two years after they won in this league.  Perennial losers (and that is all JD is so far) do not get to live out 6-year deals if they're teams are horrible the first four years of his tenure.

The money is borderline irrelevant to an NFL Owner.  

• Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This

i don’t understand how this is so hard for some to understand. 

Douglas wouldn't trade Adams to the Cowboys for a 1st and a 3rd. He wanted Zach Martin included in the deal. Cowboys said no. Douglas said, no deal. Is Douglas really going to trade a 23 yr old QB for a 2nd round pick. Or even a low 1st rounder. Get real, everybody

• Upvote 1