What if? Jets told 49ers that they are not taking Wilson at #2? Wanted Miami to trade out of #3, so that 49ers would get him? Jets stay at #2, because they will pick Kyle Pitts?

Alka

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Perhaps the Jets don't want to move out of the 2nd spot because they are set on picking Kyle Pitts, who they believe will be gone by #5.

The Jets want other teams to believe that they are picking Wilson, so that Miami trades out of #3, and they don't decide to pick Wilson for themselves.  49ers and Jets now have a relationship, and Jets helped both themselves, 49ers and don't allow Miami to pick up a QB who they don't want to see playing on Miami.

No way man. no freaking way.

MY favoirte part of this is where we want a TE at 2

Perhaps the Jets don't want to move out of the 2nd spot because they are set on picking Kyle Pitts, who they believe will be gone by #5.
The Jets want other teams to believe that they are picking Wilson, so that Miami trades out of #3, and they don't decide to pick Wilson for themselves.  49ers and Jets now have a relationship, and Jets helped both themselves, 49ers and don't allow Miami to pick up a QB who they don't want to see playing on Miami.

Don't allow Miami pick up a qb they don't want to see in Miami? You mean like Watson?

This deal gave Miami enough ammo to stay in the Watson hunt long after this draft is over and long after the allegations are addressed. It's a power move that people are not paying attention to. There will be less teams that will be competing with them for Watson and even less that have the ammo to compete with what Miami can offer.

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Alka said:

This is some BS 49er fan conspiracy theory that has been posted before. They are trying to think of any scenario that gives them Wilson. Fortunately for us, JD is not stupid and barring something unexpected in the physical is taking Zach Wilson. It is so obvious that Vegas odds are like -1000 for him going to the Jets,

23 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Don’t be shocked 49ers simply stick with Jimmy G and draft Pitts.  Would be the smartest move

Trading away two 1st round picks to move up to #3 overall and take a TE would be the smartest move? 

I guess it is April Fools. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Don’t be shocked 49ers simply stick with Jimmy G and draft Pitts.  Would be the smartest move

You do realize that Shanahan has actually said he is taking QB and hinted hard it is Jones. He is not trading down he does not need to be coy or evasive

Jesus Christ. These posts hurt my brain.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

21 hours ago, slimjasi said:

So a team obviously desperate for a QB is secretly desperate to draft a TE.

To be fair, it does sound like the Jets. 

Depends on your definition of desperate. To me and many others, the jets are not in desperate need to upgrade the QB this season. Do we need to upgrade? yes. But for the long term, it would be in this teams best interest to address the QB situation next season with a better team, more draft picks, and the additional information gathered by watching Darnold play in an offense that has been proven to be effective. I don't think darnold is the guy but it wouldn't surprise me either if he looked significantly better this year with gases trash offense out of the picture.

• Upvote 1

My version of this conspiracy theory.

San Francisco wants Wilson, Wilson wants San Francisco. Jets and 49ers have the Saleh connection. Douglas wants to move out for picks, realizes it’s a tough sell with as hyped as Wilson is.

Young starts the SF wants Wilson and he wants them but the Jets are committed to and recruiting him. All parties agree for Wilson to pull a gentle Eli Manning move. Everyone gets what they want, worst optics are for Wilson but nobody really hates on the Manning’s for that any more, and everyone moves along.

The 49ers moved to 3 with an expectation of this in place.

(I realize this is ridiculous but the conspiracy theories are quite fun)

21 hours ago, Kolchak said:

Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight
Red is gray and yellow, white
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion

Feeling a little Moody today?

• Haha 1